Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821181 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4860 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »
We may want a default battle sprite, i didn't come along a good one yet...

I recall finding a couple of options but don't remember where I've posted them :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4861 on: June 04, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »
PS: You can slowly start working on basetraits and mobs, system might have to be expanded but we need new traits for jobs to work properly and mobs to be interesting. We also (imo) should rename all spells back to FF standards and full names for unique once. Current way of naming is very confusing. There are also a couple images missing and one of the sound files...

+ A lot of sounds are off.
I tell you what is confusing. It's battle gui that provides no sorting or info about spells except descriptions and names.
If we'll have sorting by element and order spells from weak to strong there, names already will be almost meaningless.

And I'm still waiting for mass spells animation, like I told twice before. I may require another sounds for mass spells if they will look too different.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4862 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
Propose logical sorting and/or GUI...

I have too many ideas in my head for Buildings and jobs right now so area spell will have to wait. There are other reasons for my hesitation:

1) Spells in that format will automatically meant that we cannot use "On Map EE with combat" like I was testing with Jake's BE. I thought that had potential and we have not dismissed it as a possibility. This kind of spell would require either separate logic or would have to be excluded...

2) Every spell of that format would almost automatically mean that it is pierce/true-pierce with all effect. I was actually thinking of removing that from the BE all together since it makes a mockery of rows logic.

We'll prolly add it but there are many spells that will not become "aim-at-the-middle" that need luv right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4863 on: June 04, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »
I tell you what is confusing. It's battle gui that provides no sorting or info about spells except descriptions and names.
If we'll have sorting by element and order spells from weak to strong there, names already will be almost meaningless.

It's not the finished version of battle gui. For spells and blows planned to make a book, with sorting and extended information. Each spell would have a graphic image or even a small animation.
Well, it is if you like this option, when I show the idea in the image.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:30:12 PM by Gismo »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4864 on: June 04, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
I think spells that work on several rows make sense. We can always decrease damage down to 1/4 or even 1/8 to make rows more important. And only super rare attacks will have true pierce.
Basically, I've yet to see a game with spells but without mass spells.

As for gui, I mean something like this (I'm not an artist at all  ::) ). When you select an element, you see list of spells sorted by spell power (we even have it in spells properties, it's effect value).
Even this already will be more intuitive and will take less place in BE gui. And I'm sure Gismo will make even a better one  :)

I'll start to work on classes then (half of Touhou pack #2 is ready, but it will wait for another coding pause).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4865 on: June 04, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »
As for gui, I mean something like this (I'm not an artist at all  ::) ). When you select an element, you see list of spells sorted by spell power (we even have it in spells properties, it's effect value).
Even this already will be more intuitive and will take less place in BE gui. And I'm sure Gismo will make even a better one  :)

Looks perfectly doable.

I'll start to work on classes then (half of Touhou pack #2 is ready, but it will wait for another coding pause).

Kewl, you'll have to make classes for mobs as well. Some may not be suitable for humans, some will be perfectly reusable, like Mage/Warrior/Archer and etc... We also need to do something about Warriors, they are too weak and plain compared to mages atm, but I still haven't improved/expanded their attack classes. I am thinking about make weapons more relevant for them, drawing power from whateever their armed with. It'll make sense and might even be sufficient for next release so we would not have to mess with special attacks and sh!t :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4866 on: June 04, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »
Difference between warriors and mages is usually vulnerability to non magic attacks. Mages usually cannot wear heavy armor, and in our case they don't even have any protective spells, yet at least. Thus warriors have to protect them while they destroy enemies.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4867 on: June 04, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
Phew... Ok, I am destroying old Jobs code... last time I tried this, it was a miserable failure.

Wish me luck! :)

Difference between warriors and mages is usually vulnerability to non magic attacks. Mages usually cannot wear heavy armor, and in our case they don't even have any protective spells, yet at least. Thus warriors have to protect them while they destroy enemies.

Yeap, you can level up girls who have different basetraits to see what their skills/stats are at higher level.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4868 on: June 04, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »
Good luck )

By the way, for conventional strikes that do not use the manna may will use as a resource of energy or stamina?
And as usual, strong techniques use more than less weak and with each turn restores a certain number.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4869 on: June 04, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »
And as usual, strong techniques use more than less weak and with each turn restores a certain number.

We could, but prolly not before the next release. Logic is complicated enough as it is and Warriors atm do not need any more restrictions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4870 on: June 04, 2015, 05:41:18 PM »
I will not push tonight and prolly not until next week due to a couple thousands of lines that need to be rewritten and a few hundred that need to be written from scratch. So far it is going well, I've updated buildings, main upgrades and parts of job code.

Still to do:
- UI
- Finish jobs
- Jobs manager
- Managers
- New logic
- Updated for updates
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4871 on: June 04, 2015, 07:03:55 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/2rDQ1BbH/

2 char same 3 base poses same set clothing but body build/head/hair different ( to test if clothes would auto fit )..

Worked well LoL i had nothing to do but render...

For the Doll equip if you can assign clothes to use different layers i could render all piece of clothing separately..
but sometimes i would have to render forearms/hands as well or even hair ( anything that goes above the clothes like in the poses shy/against.. but manageable..

Ill render those part and gona do some testing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4872 on: June 04, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
Oki, we could match tags vs items type or something like that. It could work, these two could make decent random girls btw.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4873 on: June 05, 2015, 02:50:49 AM »
Arf.. not enough slots to make custom dolls.. i guess ill have to make sets of parts.. well this will solve a lot of overlapping problems of custom outfits but we might need that later.. ( like this underwear that give this bonus with this shirt bonus on the layer above to cover underwear them that leather armor for those attribute )

i solved the overlapping of each rendered part so you could see:

1st layer nude girl
2nd layer underwear with body parts it covers ( else you see the back side of underwear that goes on top of nude body )
3rd layer shirt with body parts on ending edges ( for now if there is more overlapping items on that layer its a problem so i might not render the back of the clothing to solve everything.. )
4th layer armor there its only working if i do not render the back side of the armor.. and its all about overlapping order for armor parts ( we might need a sub layer in there.. because if you put body armor first then gloves/boots it work fine with 1 layer.. but if you do boots/gloves then body its not working as either gloves/boots/body might have overlapping parts over the others )

But if we assign by default body to a layer like 4.0 and all the rest at 4.1 there is no problem with the order and if you have a robe/cape on top or everything it should be higher than 4.1

Edit:
I might just do the non rendering the back side of items to solve everything but i only found out later it was the best solution so lots are still with body parts but i can fix that

For hairs since its like always the girl looking at you we could assign the front/side hair on the last layer to cover everything
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:55:55 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4874 on: June 05, 2015, 04:59:11 AM »
We'll prolly add it but there are many spells that will not become "aim-at-the-middle" that need luv right now.
You see, I have no idea which spells will be mass. I'm going to take a look at almost every spell in "aim-at-the-middle" mode and then decide which spells will become mass ones depending on how they will look.

Btw, shouldn't we decide what jobs we'll have before I make subclasses, since they are pretty close to jobs? Or you will code jobs for any subclasses that I'll make?  :)