Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821611 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4875 on: June 05, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/gbkHGLGQ/

Test on 69 action.. only global lighting no real light that cast shadow for this test.. so it could be brighter if needed..

Tested a texture on body.. instead of 1 color like before ( i hope its still anime like )

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4876 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:09 AM »
You see, I have no idea which spells will be mass. I'm going to take a look at almost every spell in "aim-at-the-middle" mode and then decide which spells will become mass ones depending on how they will look.

Damn... that pretty much kills the potential of on map fighting :(

Btw, shouldn't we decide what jobs we'll have before I make subclasses, since they are pretty close to jobs? Or you will code jobs for any subclasses that I'll make?  :)

Make them for the once we have now, loads of those are also needed for Mobs to make them interesting. Once the system takes shape, it will also become clearer what else we'll need to make it work/more interesting.

Depending on how far you want to go with subclasses, you can make:

Prostitute, Anal/Oral/Straight Prostitute, Server, Maid, Cleaner, Waitress, Bartender, Manager, SIW Manager, Service Manager, FG Manager, Stripper, Dancer.

Warrior, Mage, Ranged >>> ...  *For these we should prolly add first_row (True/False) field as well, so we'd know where to place random girls in combat.

Just slowly add content like we always do and see how it fits into the game, how it handles stats and skills, how it works with the items on different levels and etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4877 on: June 05, 2015, 09:30:37 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/gbkHGLGQ/

Test on 69 action.. only global lighting no real light that cast shadow for this test.. so it could be brighter if needed..

Tested a texture on body.. instead of 1 color like before ( i hope its still anime like )

*Just note: Either the partner(s) face should be hidden OR you should use characters that will not make it into individual packs. This has been a bit of an issue for me, maybe not so much for random girls but definitely for unique. Cutting all drawn pics is obviously not an option, it'd take too long.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4878 on: June 05, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »
Ok but on reference i used from base actions Dark provided that sample ( 69f.jpg ) we see both faces.. is it an error ??

looks like more base actions got 2 character faces.. do you have the base file from dark to check if its alright because it takes time to make those poses.. and i like a efficient job..

In my case i could render the left side so we dont see the girl face or put her face between the other gril legs so we dont see it
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:40:01 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4879 on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »
Test on 69 action..
Looks very good.
Btw I wonder, do they have tongues for licking stuff?  :)

Damn... that pretty much kills the potential of on map fighting :(
I'm not sure I understand what kind of BE you also consider. Do you mean tiles based battle system like Kamidori or what? Because I cannot see how is it even possible to use any kinds of rows or groups there.

Ok but on reference i used from base actions Dark provided that sample ( 69f.jpg ) we see both faces.. is it an error ??
I also said that ideally partner should be unrecognizable. Unfortunately, it's hard as hell to find such pictures, especially for lesbian stuff.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4880 on: June 05, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
I'm not sure I understand what kind of BE you also consider. Do you mean tiles based battle system like Kamidori or what? Because I cannot see how is it even possible to use any kinds of rows or groups there.

We had arena.test() for over an year, that's what I meant. You said it was a bit like Kamidori, yes.

*But we can adapt I guess, we simply wouldn't have to without aim-in-the-middle attacks.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4881 on: June 05, 2015, 09:51:53 AM »
Oh, you did not take any steps to code it, and even coded another BE instead, so I figured you abandoned it.

Well, very good random maps generator is a must, and battles there most likely will be much longer, thus possibly boring.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4882 on: June 05, 2015, 10:29:31 AM »
Oh, you did not take any steps to code it

It hurts me when you say stuff like that :)

Took me about a month to figure out how to load RPG Maker auto-tiles into Tiled, create maps there and load them into a Ren'Py.

and even coded another BE instead, so I figured you abandoned it.

Because I hate intertwined code... Jake's BE was one of the ''best" examples of it I've ever seen.

Well, very good random maps generator is a must, and battles there most likely will be much longer, thus possibly boring.

Well, that kinda kills that concept, rng is close to impossible to code properly at the scale I had in mind for those maps. But we'll come back to this at some point.

Time to get back to jobs, bit tired today but this needs momentum or I fear that we'll revert to SF code like the last time :) Thewlis did something weird to WhoreJob, it now has a custom container for texts/content that is not very easy to navigate, but I think I am getting a hang of it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4883 on: June 05, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
Btw I wonder, do they have tongues for licking stuff?  :)

https://mon-partage.fr/f/gmwIuK5L/

Yes everything in the mouth as well.. ( teeth are too realistic for anime so i usually put a plane before them )

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4884 on: June 05, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »

https://mon-partage.fr/f/gmwIuK5L/

Yes everything in the mouth as well.. ( teeth are too realistic for anime so i usually put a plane before them )

The file is corrupted.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4885 on: June 05, 2015, 10:33:40 AM »
The file is corrupted.

https://mon-partage.fr/f/dsk19hr8/

re uploaded

Btw its funny to cycle from previous one to thin one.. with more renders i could make a animation lol

Hmm need to correct the right arm collision but its a test to see if that way that scene is usable like you wanted..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:44:02 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4886 on: June 05, 2015, 11:30:45 AM »
It hurts me when you say stuff like that :)
I mean to code it instead of our current BE.

Where did you took that tiles BE concept from, btw? FF tactics maybe?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4887 on: June 05, 2015, 11:39:08 AM »
Where did you took that tiles BE concept from, btw? FF tactics maybe?

Nowhere really, I figured since Jake's BE had a smart positioning and limited collision detection, I'd simply try it out. All the magic on Jake's BE was "per enemy hit" kind, prolly for this reason...

First I created a map in form of an image using some online resource.
Second I did the exact same thing using Tiled.
Third I loaded the same map from tiled but not as an image *build from tiles.
And last, I concerted RPG Maker tiles into tiled and build a different map using Auto-Tile algorithms.

But since noone seemed interested except for me, I abandoned the concept.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4888 on: June 05, 2015, 11:41:39 AM »
Is the new 69 action alright now ??

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4889 on: June 05, 2015, 11:53:53 AM »
Is the new 69 action alright now ??

Sure, old one was fine as well, maybe even better. I really just wanted to point out that you should not use counter characters that you're planning to use as in-game characters.

@Dark:
When testing, especially if you're going to train character in schools, please note that skills system is messed up there right now. I've fixed it in my version but it's a part of file that if upload right now would kill any chance of testing anything at all :) *So I cannot push the fix.
Like what we're doing?