Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821651 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4965 on: June 14, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
Hmm if i want to get exact onsen as image i will have to distort the 3d model a lot.. ( i tryed with all lens from 10 to 35(normal perspective ) but never got the right result.. i guess i will make something that contains whats in that BG but if you want to compare img from 3d .. i cannot reproduce that perspective/angle.. but i think the most important is to get the individual spaces right  to pose the girls and take the renders..

Edit:

i think i got close to it now

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:00:33 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4966 on: June 14, 2015, 01:31:17 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/ZYELvEhJ/

Here you can see im close to the focal angle but after lots of tries.. i stopped at this 1.. it should be good enough and i have the required space to place the girls where they are needed.

Of course its just planes defining the rough shape.. the finished version will come soon.. but wanted your OK on focal..

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4967 on: June 14, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
Like for the onsen.. sitting on the border of the water.. or sitting inside the water.. walking around in a towel.. rinsing herself in front of mirror.. and so on. ( if you find picture of those actions it would be helpful to make the poses.. else i think we could use some anime as reference and take screen captures of what we need )
I think this is one of the best bathing onsen pictures, if you ignore a plate with sake in her right hand. Other than that, onsen bg could be used for sex poses like any other bg.

Of course its just planes defining the rough shape.. the finished version will come soon.. but wanted your OK on focal..
Yeap, looks very good.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4968 on: June 15, 2015, 05:54:43 AM »
Looks great, I am up to my neck in work but still writing trying to write at least 30 - 40 new lines every day + we did some work on main menu with Gismo over Skype.

I'll try to finish the jobs/buildings this week as time permits, we still need classtraits for mobs and I need to update the code for random girls to work with new basetraits. New Jobs code seems to be working with my test scenarios well and without errors/major issues so far :) It's 10x more intuitive and easier to expand upon than the old version.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4969 on: June 15, 2015, 06:50:34 AM »
Yup, I want to finish tagging of one character from the second touhou pack really quick, and then I'll write mobs classes.
What is the field to show if the class should be used at front or back row, again?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4970 on: June 15, 2015, 07:35:42 AM »
Yup, I want to finish tagging of one character from the second touhou pack really quick, and then I'll write mobs classes.
What is the field to show if the class should be used at front or back row, again?

I've left a decent example of what a mob should look like in the normal mobs file (field is front_row. 1 or true / 0 or false):

*If you think that more fields are required, just throw them in there. If extra logic or complex application is needed as well, post here and we'll discuss it.
**This should load into the game properly (I think) :)

Code: [Select]
{
"name": "King Slime",
"desc": "King of all slimy things.",
"front_row": 0,
"battle_sprite": "content/npc/mobs/a.png",
"portrait": "content/npc/mobs/a1.png",
"origin": "Vile puddle of filth.",
"base_race": "Slimes",
"race": "Slimes",
"locations": [],
"basetraits": ["Mage"],
"stats": {
    "attack": 20,
    "defence": 50,
    "magic": 30,
    "agility": 40,
    "luck": 10,
    "charisma": 40
},
"skills": {
},
"traits": [
],
"attack_skills": ["FistAttack"],
"magic_skills": ["Water ☆☆", "Water ★★★"]
},
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4971 on: June 15, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »
I personally think location should be setted in SE/Arena jsons, not mobs json.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4972 on: June 15, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »
They are not mutually exclusive, we may need this field later, you don't have to fill it in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4973 on: June 15, 2015, 03:47:06 PM »
Pushed test version of the "Main screen".

2m video on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-F6nJem64Y
For best quality, select 720HD and theater mode.

Thanks to Xela for code and ideas)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:49:01 PM by Gismo »

Offline laposteb

« Reply #4974 on: June 15, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »
Realy nice, I want to play know  :'(

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4975 on: June 15, 2015, 06:56:45 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/pmsHRNGB/

Some progress.. but still far.. lol also smoke/mist/fog 3D generated effect are a real pain.. so not doing them at this moment..
I still need to model some items from scene and for lighting.. its edited so the only way to make it look alike is to bake those fake lights into the texture so we get the same visuals.. also my textures arent as great as the original but they can be improved over time.. also i need to spend time distorting all my meshes because now they are so straight they look fake

Maybe i should start other scenes as well so everything progress and we could start using some parts that are already done to render the actions we need then upgrade those 3D BG over time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:59:06 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4976 on: June 16, 2015, 04:18:15 AM »
Hmm.. am i free to adapt the rooms.. because for liv(51) a 3m long bed or 2.8 height wardrobe ... thats too mutch lol   ???

Even with a Gril whos 1.8m tall and that way too high the rest of the room is still over sized.. it might look good at first but to place a girl of normal dimensions it need refit  ;)

But this picture gives the idea of what should be in that room and thats great.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4977 on: June 16, 2015, 06:21:47 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/P5m8SE29/

ref girl shapes 1.8/0.6m with divisions of 0.6m ( close value to the sitting furniture height ) and could add around 0.7m for the arms length.

In the end it might be ok.. ( i forgot about the arm length lol ) there is no problem sitting on either chair/bed.. wardrobe might be a little too high/long if the girl is small.. same for bed..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4978 on: June 16, 2015, 07:42:56 AM »
These renders might be an overkill, a decent gradient paired with simply putting the girl in front of the background without placing would prolly be faster?

Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4979 on: June 16, 2015, 08:13:28 AM »
Hmm.. complete room looks overkill but doing all that im making like 10 BG on that room ( with camera looking at different angles on the room to see new BG each time) to place the girl on.. ill show you samples really soon of what i mean..

What i need is to extract as much BG from a room to get more sample with less work on the long term.. when every room Dark linked me are done.. i could easily extract +/- 10 BG from those and with little work make double++ with different lighting/furniture.. and at that point its limitless..

What im making/building is not 1 BG template to use 1 time then forget.. im making something like a matrix to use for all our BG needs

Edit:

But yes i could use basic gradient on colors to save up on time for their V1.. then when i have more time ill upgrade with better materials.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:54:18 AM by lamoli »