devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821917 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4980 on: June 16, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »
Oki, your call :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4981 on: June 17, 2015, 04:11:22 AM »
Pushed json with mobs traits. There are "mob_only": true fields which mean that MC and girls cannot use these traits.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4982 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/6judZaDm/

Only lamp structure/bed/wardrobe missing..

Shapes need to be remodeled and i need to add more round edges ( but this can be done later on upgraded versions..

I only used 2 light emissions 1 from paper window and 1 form sealing lamp.. the original image used gradient textures to fake the lights on the columns.. ( takes time to adjust the right way ) but this can be done later on..

It takes time every time i make a new room since i have to model almost everything from scratch.. but soon ill have enough base models to make it go faster later on..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4983 on: June 17, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/sMJ4ScDH/

Reduced main lamp light added gradients and more bumps..

I still need to find a way to do the walls/floor fake lights effect..

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4984 on: June 18, 2015, 04:12:58 AM »
**This should load into the game properly (I think) :)
Your example lacks elements. Can I just add them to the traits field?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4985 on: June 18, 2015, 04:28:51 AM »
Your example lacks elements. Can I just add them to the traits field?

It should work under traits (and can be fixed without any issues in a very unlikely case if it don't), I guess I forgot about elements :( If you want a separate field, I'll add them.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4986 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »
I'm gonna add min_lvl field to mobs. Not sure how exactly we'll use it, there are several ways to do it. For example actual min possible level for mob, or min level of the area where you can find the mob, etc.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4987 on: June 18, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »
I'm gonna add min_lvl field to mobs. Not sure how exactly we'll use it, there are several ways to do it. For example actual min possible level for mob, or min level of the area where you can find the mob, etc.

We are more likely to handle that in the areas themselves, but extra fields are not likely to do any harm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4988 on: June 18, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/rntTqZ2x/

I forgot how annoying it was to make Louis XV style furniture lol.. i hope i got close enough.. might still need improvements.. increased lamp lighting a little.. V5GB was too dark..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4989 on: June 19, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/SdKzE8RG/

Need to upgrade bed and decide what the elements not in the picture should look like on 360 angle for any BG taken from that room ..

Made some quick renders.. with poses already done.. so the poses arent adapted but give the idea of more than 1 BG taken from a 3d room from references pictures.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4990 on: June 20, 2015, 06:14:16 AM »
Looks ok, quality is poor but I suppose that is what you meant with "Quick renders" or maybe it's just the monitor I am on atm.

**I doubt that I'll manage to wrap up jobs/buildings this week. Right now I got my testjob and rest/autorest working again and debugged it, next step is the hardest, I need to code in new system and management job I had in mind and for that 4 - 5 hours of uninterrupted work are needed which I am not likely to get until the week after next.

I'll obviously keep working on/updating other things 1 - 2 hours on daily basis.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4991 on: June 20, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
Looks ok, quality is poor but I suppose that is what you meant with "Quick renders" or maybe it's just the monitor I am on atm.

Hmm.. im still at same resolution as base image.. what do you mean by poor ? ( extra noise from difuse/light ) or something else ?

https://mon-partage.fr/f/5fJ7q0NC/ ( has the related difference )
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:07:14 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4992 on: June 20, 2015, 07:14:51 AM »
I think "noise" is the right word, it's like there is "dust" in front of the images/parts of images. Not all of the pictures have it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4993 on: June 20, 2015, 07:56:42 AM »
Yeah thats noise.. from either fog/mist/smoke that has been hit by light.. ( none in this room ) or the diffuse of other objects/shadows..

In the link there is a old file i made containing ( no diffuse - no lighting / no diffuse - lighting / diffuse - no lighting / diffuse - lighting ) to see the diffuse noise impact and to see if shadows from light sources where affected.

The thing is on a complete scene with 3D room and char in it.. light/diffuse are bouncing all around and reflected on character ( like it should in RL but i might be able to tweak that so it is less apparent ) or a render BG an char separately with same lighting source.. this might solve some problems as well..

Ill take some time now on trying to get a result with less noise.. then ill do other rooms.. as for content not visible on picture but that might be there in the 360 room ill decide on that later since i can still get lots of camera angles that looks like different BG without having to show those non existing things
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:01:16 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4994 on: June 20, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/7TKqnATN/

There the original quick render with 1 high noise reduction and 1 high noise reduction no diffuse..

Disabling the diffuse reduce the noise but it might remove light/color propagation that is sometimes required..

Ill try 1 more with BG 3D room and character render individually then combined at end result.. this could remove even more noise as noise is the result of all object in that room bouncing light/color on the character but the render would take 2x the time.. but if the result is realy good then why not.. ( might take 3x the time as if i separate BG and char i need a 3rd render for the shadows the char is casting on BG on a transparent layer.. when we need to see the shadow that is.. )