devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821656 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5025 on: June 23, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/iLa5ADVF/

Base is same as any other char iv made so far but i used special shader( might tweak it later on ) to look like already made picture in a unique pack.

Does it look close enough to the real thing.. and if not tell me whats wrong..

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5026 on: June 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
Mobs most lkely will be finished tomorrow. With descriptions and traits, but without spells (yet) and that origin field from your example (I'm not creative enough for such a thing, feel free to write it by yourself  ::) ).

I tried to portray my ideas about the magic system. Use everything you deem interesting.
I will. But we are not ready for debuffs and multielemental spells yet.

Does it look close enough to the real thing.. and if not tell me whats wrong..
I think eyebrows are way too thick. No more complaints from me.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5027 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:02 PM »
@Gismo: it's too advanced for current state of BE, we make every state of the game a prototype and advance them, logic and content have not yet caught up with your proposal.

@Lamoli: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 has better models of naruto girls, even simpler mmd models are a bit prettier. Maybe I misunderstood you when you said you just needed a decent 3D source to rip from but if that was true, you can prolly try some other options.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5028 on: June 23, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
@Lamoli: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 has better models of naruto girls, even simpler mmd models are a bit prettier. Maybe I misunderstood you when you said you just needed a decent 3D source to rip from but if that was true, you can prolly try some other options.

Thats the UNS3 model but changed triangles into polygons and added subdivisions so its 4x more detailed.. then transformed base model to fit the face of the posing base model shape so the shape is the same.. the only thing that changed other than that is instead of textures i used 1 color and the 2D shader..

Maybe link me those mmd models.. since i used the UNS3 base i can only get better using those mmds
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:38:43 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5029 on: June 23, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
http://naruto-3d-modelers.deviantart.com/gallery/44907583/MMD-Model-Releases

Most widely used are these once I think but there are many on youtube. Some add sources to the info, some don't. Their One Piece models are quite good as well. I've also seen some excellent models when I did some research couple of month ago but they either are now dead or I've lost them (will take another look when I get to Laptop).
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5030 on: June 23, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »
Those are the same as mine.. its just the shader

https://mon-partage.fr/f/Jk6f0cA8/

Same model but with the shader i used in the beginning.. 1 color no textures..

Mine got around 4x times the poly ( needed to be able to pose without joints deformation ) no one so far used my method.. they all have problems with joints bending.. so you will never see extreme pose naked on theirs.. even on some just bending the arm is too much already.. ( some will use a premade xnalara body that pose better but it has its own limits and you cannot morh it like i want less wider chest bigger boobs larger hips and so on.. )
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:13:01 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5031 on: June 23, 2015, 02:19:15 PM »
Maybe it was too extreme to use the 2D shader as it flatens the image so much it looks like a poor model.. but to me it looked more like the 2D drawings.. maybe we need something in between since if i add rendered pics to fill missing actions in existing packs i dont think i could use the more like 3D render like i used so far..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5032 on: June 23, 2015, 02:27:47 PM »
Most widely used are these once I think but there are many on youtube. Some add sources to the info, some don't. Their One Piece models are quite good as well. I've also seen some excellent models when I did some research couple of month ago but they either are now dead or I've lost them (will take another look when I get to Laptop).

Never seen a good Boa or Nico only a decent Nami.. maybe there is a one piece game out with good 3D models but missed it..

I think i got good bleach ones tho..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5034 on: June 23, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Yeah those i got but never worked on em since their far from the really good pictures made by some artists.. maybe ill have to do it myself at some point since no one trys to make a good face model of boa/nico

To resume its all about the face as i have full freedom to make any body shape i want..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:43:57 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5035 on: June 23, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
For Sakura.. other than the brows.. anything need to be changed? i like to know all that need to be done as the base face im morphing it to has around 30k faces to push/pull to make it look exactly the same so i like to do it 1 or max 2 times lol..

Edit:
oops.. around 7500 as base the 30k thats after subdivisions for even more details..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:03:33 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5036 on: June 23, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
Nope, not really. Why Sakura anyway? She is an extremely popular character with thousands qualitative pictures.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5037 on: June 23, 2015, 03:23:32 PM »
Nope, not really. Why Sakura anyway? She is an extremely popular character with thousands qualitative pictures.

Exactly why its a good test.. it means my render should look like the best ones of those.. but i can do specific ST actions we might need and nobody made.. and that way not hope on some crappy artist to make 1 that has the action we want but so ugly no one wants it..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5038 on: June 23, 2015, 03:45:02 PM »
So far i know i can make decent random girls inside a full 3D BG thats looks ok to be used in pack even if its more 3D than 2D like.. thats why i wanted to try a 2D Sakura who has tons of existing pictures already.. so we would see if im able to get close enough to the 2D drawing with my 2D shader from 3D models.. as existing packs might miss some actions/outfits.. and if you ever decide to add more actions.. all the existing pack will have those as long as im successful with the 2D shader..

Thats why i think i should focus on renders for existing packs now.. and make them look as close as possible as the 2D drawings.. once it is done ill make lots of random girls as they wont be anything else to test if im able too..

1. 3D girl that looks close enough to 2D   ..ok
2. 3D girl that looks close enough to 2D but can integrate in a 2D BG  ..ok ( cook24 )
3. 90% of clothings build out of Dark ref pics (9/10  might need to make more or at least more variants)
4. 93% of actions required for full pack made out of Dark ref pics (53/57)
5. 3D girl that looks close enough to 2D but in a 3D room and result looks like 2D BG  .. +/- ok ( latest renders / migh use DOF for better results)
6. 3D girl that looks the most like 2D drawings as it will be mixed in existing packs ..  ( working on that now )
7. Making a lot more rooms.. only 1 done atm..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:03:01 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5039 on: June 23, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
Ermmm.. i had a Sakura pack but its gone.. can you link me the most recent you have.. and tell me the missing actions like for ST where some might be missing ( or need render as the image is so ugly everyone would delete it )