Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821712 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5160 on: July 20, 2015, 07:17:13 AM »
I dunno, it seems like this downtime is the last straw. No eta even now indicates massive database failure. Who knows how often they made backups...
I suppose we could try GitHub if it actually allows to push and pull without errors.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5161 on: July 20, 2015, 07:26:19 AM »
I suppose we could try GitHub if it actually allows to push and pull without errors.

It did for me. I'll read their docs as well, maybe there is something useful there. But I think we'll use extensions...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5162 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »
Is it still a legit way to change location during GMs? That's how Cherry made it.
    python:
        renpy.scene()
        hs()

show bg city_beach
    with fade

"You take a walk on the beach. "
Also, how to return to the starting location after everything is finished?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5163 on: July 20, 2015, 01:59:10 PM »
For random girls.. if sold at slaver.. what clothes should she wear ? ( do you already have in game slave clothes i could model on ) or need something else ?.. at first il use chains and iron fittings ( medieval theme.. could use ropes but takes more time so will do it later )..

If generated from game start is it her class ( subclass ) that defines what shes wearing or something else ?..

Also i think it would be a good idea to model every item that are in game so you can see the items you make your girl wear in the renders.. and later on when we want to add more items.. ill model them then ill make a small render of the item that you can use as item picture..

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5164 on: July 20, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »
We do have rags, it's sr.png in game\content\items\body. Also we have some cuffs and collars. Collars are in items\amulet, handcuffs in feet folder and handcuffs in wrist folder.
Of course they also could be nakes + collar and cuffs, if rags will be too ugly or too complex. Btw our rags icon is pretty ugly already, but we were unable to find anything better for 2 (!) years. If you could render a better icon, that would helped.

That's for untrained ones. Trained ones, ie 100% loyal, wear usual clothes, just as free girls. And random free girls could use any clothes you like.

You are welcomed to try and render everything, but I imagine it might take a lot of time.
There is indeed a gap between how girls look and what they have equipped. I think it's unrealistic to render everything, currently we have about 250 clothing items (excluding weapons and consumables).

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5165 on: July 21, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »
I tried
        $ chr.lovers.add(hero)
        $ hero.lovers.add(chr)
As I suspected, it gives an error that lovers is not a stat of a girl.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5166 on: July 21, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »
I tried As I suspected, it gives an error that lovers is not a stat of a girl.

Yeah, we discussed that after the repo went down so the code is not there yet :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5167 on: July 21, 2015, 12:37:13 PM »
I have a question about days checks. We have some old code that checks if the character already did something today.
if d(80) and chr.flag("gm_stripped_today") != day
$chr.set_flag("gm_stripped_today", value=day)
I'd like to know the format of these days to make more complex checks. Like once per several days. Is it just a number of turn, and stuff like
if (day - chr.flag("gm_stripped_today")) > 7
will allow to check once per week?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5168 on: July 21, 2015, 12:54:54 PM »
I'd like to know the format of these days to make more complex checks. Like once per several days.

"day" is a global variable. It starts at 1 and is increased by 1 every time Next Day is clicked (at the end of calculations). Flags are basically like a local namespace for every characters that we use in order to not pollute the class.

Is it just a number of turn, and stuff like will allow to check once per week?

It would check if more 7 days have passed since girl stripped last. This does not ensure once per week, that would require more complicated calculations.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5169 on: July 21, 2015, 01:30:21 PM »
Alright, how to check if the character has specific images, ie tags?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5170 on: July 21, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »
Alright, how to check if the character has specific images, ie tags?

Code: [Select]
if chr.has_image(*tags, **kwargs):
    # Do something...

Like:

if chr.has_image("bunny"):
    # Do something...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:43:17 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5171 on: July 21, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
Oki.
For the last days I added some new chat options and  improved old ones, added greetings for interactions, improved logic for friend and lover flags.

I want to make more interactive sex options, something like AA has. When you actually do various stuff at your discretion for some time as long as your partner wishes to continue and not instantly quit after the first pose. There is example of a simple dialogue in interactions

menu:                g "Would you like to see me naked?"

"Hell Yeah":
                    g "You're weird... but I'm weird too ;) "
                    $pytfall.gm.change_img(chr.show("nude", "simple bg", type="first_default", exclude=main_sex_tags))
                    g "So, what do you think?"
                    $pytfall.gm.restore_img()
                    $chr.disposition += 10

"Yes!":
                    $pytfall.gm.change_img(chr.show("nude", "simple bg", type="first_default", exclude=main_sex_tags))
                    g "You like?"
                    $pytfall.gm.restore_img()
                    $chr.disposition += 5

"No":
                    g "Well, screw you then!"
                    $chr.disposition -= 20
I suppose it should work for me too.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:25:16 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5172 on: July 22, 2015, 05:07:03 AM »
God damn it, this drives me crazy.
label interactions_fuck:
    if chr.has_image("sex", "simple bg", type="first_default", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"]):
        "Where would you like to do it?"
        menu:
            "Beach" if chr.has_image("swimsuit", type="first_default", exclude=["sex", "sleeping", "angry", "in pain"]) or chr.has_image("sex", "swimsuit", type="first_default", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain", "indoors", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon"]):
                show bg city_beach with fade
                $chr.set_flag("s_bg", value="beach")
            "Park":
                show bg city_park with fade
                $chr.set_flag("s_bg", value="park")
            "Room":
                show bg girl_room with fade
                $chr.set_flag("s_bg", value="room")
    else:
        show bg girl_room with fade
        $chr.set_flag("s_bg", value="room")
    if chr.flag("s_bg") == "beach":
        if dice(50):
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("beach", "nude", "swimsuit", exclude=["sex", "sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "indoors", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "bathing"], type="first_default")
        else:
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("swimsuit", "nude", "simple bg",  exclude=["sex", "sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "indoors", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "bathing"], type="first_default")
    elif chr.flag("s_bg") == "park":
        if dice(50):
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("nature", "nude", exclude=["sex", "sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "indoors", "beach", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "bathing"], type="first_default")
        else:
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("nude", "simple bg", exclude=["sex", "sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "indoors", "beach", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "bathing"], type="first_default")
    else:
        if dice(30):
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("living", "nude", "lingerie", exclude=["sex", "sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "outdoors", "beach", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "public", "bathing"], type="first_default")
        elif dice(30):
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("living", "no clothes", exclude=["sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "outdoors", "beach", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "public", "bathing"], type="first_default")
        else:
            $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("nude", "no clothes", "simple bg", exclude=["sleeping", "angry", "in pain", "outdoors", "beach", "onsen", "pool", "stage", "dungeon", "public", "bathing"], type="first_default")
    $ sex_count = 0
    label after_menu:
        jump n_fuck

label n_fuck:
    "She slowly undresses. What would you like to do now?"
    menu:
        "Ask for blowjob" if chr.has_image("blowjob", "partnerhidden", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default"):
                $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("blowjob", "partnerhidden", "swimsuit", "beach", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default")
                $ sex_count += 1
            elif chr.flag("s_bg") == "park":
                $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("blowjob", "partnerhidden", "nature", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default")
                $ sex_count += 1
            else:
                $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("blowjob", "partnerhidden", "living", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default")
                $ sex_count += 1
        "Ask for titsjob" if chr.has_image("titsjob", type="first_default", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"]):
                $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("titsjob", "swimsuit", "beach", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default")
                $ sex_count += 1
        "Ask for handjob" if chr.has_image("handjob", type="first_default", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"]):
                $ pytfall.gm.img_generate("handjob", "partnerhidden", "swimsuit", "beach", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default")
                $ sex_count += 1
The first part decides where you can go depending on tags. Works perfectly.
The second part decides what can you, depending on tags. NEVER WORKS despite being almost the the same in terms of syntax. It just skips the second menu entirely every damn time after "She slowly undresses. What would you like to do now?" line.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5173 on: July 22, 2015, 05:14:51 AM »
Why do you have a label there:

label after_menu:
        jump n_fuck

instead if just:

jump n_fuck?

It is a very poor practice to declare labels in labels. As for the menu, any chance that menu is skipped because all choices are false? I am not sure what happens in such cases. You can also put the line in the menu itself, so player sees it while reading the menu.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5174 on: July 22, 2015, 05:27:12 AM »
I added label hoping that it would help somehow, originaly I didn't have it. It didn't.

As for choices, after I removed
if chr.flag("s_bg") == "beach"
just in case,
"Ask for blowjob" if chr.has_image("blowjob", "partnerhidden", type="first_default", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"]):
this one should check if the girl has blowjob+partner hidden. The girl which I use for testing has a dozen such pictures. And after that give me such a picture
$ pytfall.gm.img_generate("blowjob", "swimsuit", "beach", exclude=["rape", "angry", "in pain"], type="first_default")
Yet it skips again.