devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821907 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5265 on: July 25, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »
@CW, congrats with figuring out GitHub :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5266 on: July 25, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »
- I suppose jsons will be useful.

- I can tell that even popular and known male characters don't have many pictures except those where they bang someone (a girl, if you lucky). I actually tried to make a pack for male npc, that's five times more difficult than girls packs.
Even though sexual content is a very important part of a pack, it still cannot exist without a decent number of profile and rest pictures.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5267 on: July 25, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »
I've seen more or less complete packs for other games. I don't think we will make them anyway (I'd really like to see Fairy Tail pack before anything else for example), players who may be bi or male gay can mess with those packs but unification of image-handling can at the very least lead to female MCs, maybe even before Alpha if there are people who go as far as submitting new content to GitHub. Especially the Pull requests are nice, we can handle merging ourselves and there is no need to add everyone to collaborators.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5268 on: July 26, 2015, 06:07:29 AM »
Magic tag assumes that a spell is being used by the character. Very often they do it in normal clothes. If you want to give them some ususual clothes, go ahead, but it's not mandatory.

Hmm then maybe adding magic bonus to you magic type if you match your clothes with your magic type..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5269 on: July 26, 2015, 06:33:27 AM »
Also is it ok to make Furniture/City looks like something between Medieval/Victorian style? and you would have to define what kind of technology they have like ( steam engine or man-animal moved / candles or oil lamps / caravel(or earlier ship type ) or ship of the line / and so on.. ) also things that usually use electricity that we might need could be using magic source instead of electricity..

That way i could make streets/indoors looks right for the game.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5270 on: July 26, 2015, 07:04:50 AM »
I think all of that is fine...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5271 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »
Ok... so yesterday I dreamed that we cannot continue the development without moar OOP in PyTFall so tonight I will try to do some more data modeling in order to ensure continued development without us (or me) drowning in inconsistent code :)

I also remembered Doc talking about SimPy module in his WM:A, I think that can add a lot to the game if I can figure out a way to use it effectively. But we will have renpy and simpy if I do :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5272 on: July 26, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »
Nice landmark btw: (Read 300071 times)

::) ::) ::)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5273 on: July 26, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
OOP? Wtf is that?  :D

I thought about adding flirt option in dialogues. During creating logic behind lines I figured that MC cannot oppose girls character stat.

MC and girls both have charisma, so having more charisma than a girl is possible and useful. But there is also strength of character, ie character stat. Looks like MC doesn't have it, or anything similar like willpower. So I can't check something against girls character stat, while this is obviously needed as a difference between flirting with tsundere and deredere.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5274 on: July 26, 2015, 09:50:48 AM »
Also is it ok to make Furniture/City looks like something between Medieval/Victorian style? and you would have to define what kind of technology they have like ( steam engine or man-animal moved / candles or oil lamps / caravel(or earlier ship type ) or ship of the line / and so on.. ) also things that usually use electricity that we might need could be using magic source instead of electricity..
In terms of lore and origin "events" of WM happened in the same world many years ago. That includes androids and other characters from advanced worlds that came from those multidimensional catacombs under Crossgate. It does not mean that there are electricity and digital devices everywhere, but it does mean that you shouldn't be surprised by such things, though of course they are still uncommon.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5275 on: July 26, 2015, 10:50:33 AM »
MC and girls both have charisma, so having more charisma than a girl is possible and useful. But there is also strength of character, ie character stat. Looks like MC doesn't have it, or anything similar like willpower. So I can't check something against girls character stat, while this is obviously needed as a difference between flirting with tsundere and deredere.

Right... well, we can always add it, just felt like one of those stats that MC should not have, like joy. I think MC just takes pytCharacters stats, so just add it to __init__ there. For every stat we add to MC, we also got to add logic that would allow MC to increase it. Meaning yet moar content :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5276 on: July 26, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »
You know what, so many various MC father's backgrounds seriously limit game story. I'd like MC's father to play a major role in the story, but father-warrior will act very differently from father-brothel owner. I think we should avoid using father's occupation as a base for MC occupation.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5277 on: July 26, 2015, 12:04:07 PM »
Maybe it's best not to use MCs father in the main story at all? Someone may wish to create unique storyline later.

It's your call, just think of something else to put in the mc setup screen if you want to do it your way, I don't want to change that layout.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5278 on: July 26, 2015, 12:33:52 PM »
Someone may wish to create unique storyline later.
Yeah, right. Someone like me  ::)
Please don't tell me about third-party "writers". So far we had one writer that actually helped us with content, not just promised to (MrKlaus). And even he left.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:39:47 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5279 on: July 26, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »
 :D

Ok, knock yourself out. I just updated how we're handling locations. A lot of code would have to be updated but I'll do that gradually. I am going to take a look at SimPy now.
Like what we're doing?