devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821832 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5400 on: August 04, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »
I think that locations would have to be recoded as well, it's not that difficult. But that will be a part of expansion where we will track characters movements and far keeper world simulation, for now this very old system we took from Alkion will do.

Next are the funcs for adding/removing items and adding an ability to view base classes for MC. I also want to take a stab at adding all the new info to girls profile properly, but that may take a while cause that is fairly complex sorting and a very complex screen.

We however need logic to unlock locations on the map via quests.

Start this as an issue. This part is most definitely not ready yet. I'll have to review map code and maybe move it off xml to json for consistency. I'll remove the other two maps as well as the change the map button.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Baltazaar

« Reply #5401 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
Ok, dudes.

Look at it that way:

What I am providing is entry level adventures.

I will not be pissed if my adventure does not get taken. All I do is take opportunity at the writing progression. Plus, I allways hope I do honor the individual character of the girl.

So, without further ado:

Hinata:

Looking for hinata is a bit strange. Basically, because you already found her.

You do have to get used to those ninja women, you remind yourself, as they have lots of practice in sneaking up on people.

"Are you... Are you... MC?"

You nodd, a bit unsure of what to say. Those eyes....

As her smaƶll, gentle hand grips yours, you just let it happen., She is allmost pulling you along with her, towards the woods. You have to admit, you like women who know what they want.

After a while, she stops, and looks up to you.

For a while, you get lost in those eyes. Strange, they allmost seem blank. Both of you blush, allmost simultaneously, and for a whilem, you just decide to sit down on the trees, and listen to the mid day sounds.

"So... you know about tsunade as well? "

a shy nod. You have to wonder if you were the only one who did suspect tsunades plan to remain a secret?

"She drinks a lot... and then  gets sometimes loud.... "

Even the voice is cute. You nod empathically, and scoot over to her, testing carefully how close you can get. This is more like the things you imagined. Shy, nice, so cute, and very very young....

"I... I like to drink some tea sometimes... I made you some too, if you want....."

She reaches for her bag, and pulls out some tea, which she hands to you. You take it, and have a sip from the bamboo container, listening to her explain.

"And then she said, we would all get... she used some very confusing words, half of them I had to look up in the dictionary. "

You nodd. You yourself had some suspicions regarding the morals of such a woman like tsunade, though you would never have said so out loud.

"and while the others said things, I went over to the library, and ... had to look some of the words up. "

You very slowly smile, and understand why some of the japanese are very prone to cuteness. If someone had weaponized cuteness, this girl would be deadly.

"And then ..... "

You smile, and reach out. carefull, like petting a hurt doe, you stroke her hair. For the first time, she seems to twitch, yet hold her head in place. Allmost as if she was expecting to get hit.

"If I make you uncomfortable, you can say so, and leave. "

She looks up to you, and gets a bit redder. You smile. This is textbook. She finds me interesting, and different, and the hormones....

"you are not afraid of me, are you? because I w..."

The headshake comes a bit too fast, allmost as if you had expected it.... But the smile....

You have the strong idea that something is wrong.

"Would it be a smart question to ask why you are not afraid of me? "

She looks up at you, trembling... but the smile on her lips is still there.

"you... promise to not be angry? "

Very carefully, you shake your head. "I won't be angry...."

"I know I am not as strong as the other women, or as fast, or as brutal... I guess even I could even be captured by someone like you. But...."

You have very mixed feelings about her buts.

"because of the things in the books, I suspected that tsunade would bring someone here who would take us against our will, and hurt us, and do things to us with their members....

So, I prepared a slow acting nerve poison, that targets the brain and the spine.  "

Automatically, your eyes move towards the bottle of tea. That tasted so good. And you drank half of it in one sip.

As she grabs your hand, you feel a certain numbness.

"You have to understand, it's not you, it's me. I know you are a very special boy, that will one day make a girl, or an other boy feel very very special, but... There is this boy I like... I know him from when I was 12 years old. He allways was there for me, and helped me, and even when nobody else liked me, he made me feel special. I tried to end it all, and it was only his kindness that allowed me to continue. I want to give myself, out of my own free will, to him, when he wants me, not because Granny said I had to. because all of this, my work, my friends, my life now, I owe to his kindness. "

You can still only think of nerve poison. Was that tingle there before you had drunken it? or that numbness? You read somewhere that if you did not move a lot, the poison could not spread.

"And you remember how I said that I went to the library? It turns outr that the old customs that tsunade means said in the rolls that "I had to give my virginity to you, and you had to take it with kindness. "

Poison... why posion.... You would have preferred fighting... at least you would have seen it coming...

"It turns out they do not define virginity, so the poison I gave you was of my own design, and so I named it virginity. I offered it, you took it, and thus the spirit of the rules is not broken. "

... What?

"I want you to understand something. I do not like shouting, or hitting people, or being mean as much as the other girls. "

Could have fooled me.

"But I know about sex and all. I know why it is important. and I know that I want it to be my decision whom I have sex with. Nobody elses. And I understand that I sometimes have to be pushed in the right direction, and I know that sometimes, I need to have someone to tell me what to do, but my first time is mine alone to give away. "

You very carefully try a nodd. She gives you a most radiant smile.

"I knew you would understand! So, here is what we do. I stay here with you for a bit more, we have some tea, then I go off, and go to sleep, and then, after a while, you go. "

"Poison?" Your voice sounds horribly thin. You can already feel the poison coursing through your veins.

"Oh? well.... " She smiles, and puts her fingers together. A gesture that you know seconds ago would have allmost caused nosebleed because of excessive cuteness, and now has only a slightly psychotic tinge to it.

"I am a medicine ninja, yoiu know.... If you are very good and well behaved, and do not try anything.... strange, what you drank can be just as harmless as a tea of cinnamon and sugar and some sweat red bean paste, with a bit condensed milk. But if you try anything strange, against my will, I would not be able to stop you, but I will do my best to forget what I gave you, and confuse the words. You can ask anybody, I do that a lot. "

You carefully try to move again. Was it really just....

"What if someone asks? How... it was...."

She seems to think for a moment.

"I will tell them that it hurt a bit, but afterwards, it was nice. But I think I was too nervous to really enjoy it, and it still feels hurt. I will however say that you were a gentleman and were very kind to me. I guess you can make up something similar? "

Very carefully, you nodd, and try your best to not seem aggressive, and strange.

You spend 15 minutes more in the woods, sipping tea, and having thoughts about still waters that seem to run very very deep.

For a second, you want to ask her why the ruse, the poisoning, and all. But then you remember. These are girls that have been trained to kill. For her, it must have been as much of a hopmwork as walking for you.

And still... you are not able to shake the feeling that she could as well have fooled you. With those eyes, it is really hard to tell if she is lying or saying the truth. You decide to play it safe, and do nothing at all, just like she asked. Either, you just narrowly passed a horrible, painfull death, or you just got played on an epic scale. You feel sorry for the boy thjat she has decided for.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5402 on: August 04, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
Ok,

Code: [Select]
hero.add_item("Excalibur")
hero.remove_item("Excalibur")

Code: [Select]
char.add_item("Excalibur", 5)
with 5 being the amount of items will work as well.

Going to take leave remove the change the map button and make sure default is Gismos map. Then take a stab at girls profile screen.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5403 on: August 04, 2015, 02:03:24 PM »
Ok, dudes.

Look at it that way:

What I am providing is entry level adventures.

I will not be pissed if my adventure does not get taken. All I do is take opportunity at the writing progression. Plus, I allways hope I do honor the individual character of the girl.
No, you do very useful job. Writing takes a certain talent that me and Xela both lack. Quest making =/= writing. One thing is to come up with a general story as a sequence of events, and another is to write unique stories for characters, with unique dialogues and reactions.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5404 on: August 04, 2015, 02:06:17 PM »
I have a lot of decent ideas for story lines of my own but I need to debug/write out a few thousands lines of code before I can get around to adding content :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5405 on: August 04, 2015, 02:46:52 PM »
with 5 being the amount of items will work as well.
Will there be an error if you'll try to take items they don't have?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5406 on: August 04, 2015, 02:51:13 PM »
Will there be an error if you'll try to take items they don't have?

I don't think so. There will be an error if you try to take or add an item that doesn't exist.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Baltazaar

« Reply #5407 on: August 04, 2015, 03:07:11 PM »
Ojk, lets put it like this:

Lets put down the basics of the hidden village story arc.

1. How I imagine the hidden village:

a watered down versuion of a ninja village. all the attractions from the series are stiull there, including the big landmarks, but the rest is more village like.

2. How to get to the hidden village?

perform one of these fisting finger formations, according to a scroll. If you did it right, you will suddenly be able to see the hidden village. If not, you will be able to walk through town square and not "get it. "

3. How do I gain acess to hidden village?

Sakura will, after soime misshaps with the player, admit that they make a good team, and ask him to trust her. Then, she will perform some hand motions, and will literally disappear.

It is up to the player to remember a short sequence of 3 hand signs, to gain entrance to the hidden village. If he does so, hge will be greeted by Tsunade, who thinks he is a cutie, and took way too long, Ino, who is annoyed, and sakura, who goes, "told you he would not just stare at my chest and get it. "

4. ok, what happens now?

Tsunade takes the player to her study, for a bit of tea with the girls.
She will explain that MC's eyes did not decieve him: all men from puberty to 50 are gone. She describes to him that the ninjas run a delivery service, since ancient times, and that the men had allways taken the long distance deliveriues, and the women the short distance ones. Thus, they were the first ones to hide their village in plain view, and cvhose to share it with the inventor of the shield over the city.

Then, tsunade will be straight forwards. The women have a whole load of deliveriesm, and would need some help. Of course, she could not trust MC to be a fighter  equal to her girls, but what is as importrant for the girls is a designated distraction.

What follows is a two parted tutorial, where they deliver to the game features. At first, in the hidden village, to get the mechanics straight, and to do a "dry run", and then in the real world. Bit by boit, the MC learns about how to be as distracting as possible, and fiunally also learns about the features of the game. Sakura will explain to him smiling that what they do here is what they givce childrenb of six years old, to get them to start training.

5. So... that is all in the hidden village?

Nope. basdically, it should have 3 attractions.
- the various shops and sights. I am counting a noodle shop, an arena, a bookstore, ect...
- the delivery service, and the mission central. For inner city short distance, and long distance missions.
- the card that tsunade gives him, that has portraits of the girls. Those are the girls of the village. After the beginning adventure, "In case of capture", you can get their sympathy. Bit by bit, you can unlock them for dating, training, and whatever else tickles your fancy.

6. really? That sounds.... Little.

Remember, you guys wanted to make it modular, small, and expandable. Thus, for example, a girl that is not yet ready would have headaches, or look extremely pissed. No man would approach that...

But once her scene is complete, you can implement it, and it goes life at the same place.

Plus, you can do so much more, but what you need first is a skelleton for what you want to happen in the village.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5408 on: August 04, 2015, 03:17:39 PM »
You are talking about life simulation already, not the village itself. When characters do stuff regardless of player, and he has to deal with that.
Of course we want to do it as well, and we will. Not just in the village, but everywhere.

Offline Baltazaar

« Reply #5409 on: August 04, 2015, 03:53:27 PM »
Ok.

lets put it that way.

I need some hints on what ki8nd of shit I should write for you, if you guys want me to write better / increasingly funny / character driven. At least give me the surrounding circumstances.

Like, "Ok, at this point, we need filler adventures, 2 steps tops, multiple endings supported, story wise it should not be too hard on the char, and it should be pretty realistically, because he will not have the mad super powers now. "

Just going "write an adventure for karin" leads to results like you saw above.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5410 on: August 04, 2015, 04:01:01 PM »
What's wrong with Karin event? Looks like a great quest to me, and easy to code too. Keep it up.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5411 on: August 04, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
I need some hints on what ki8nd of shit I should write for you, if you guys want me to write better / increasingly funny / character driven. At least give me the surrounding circumstances.

I guess just the ideas and writing, maybe even submitted in Ren'Py script to make Darks job easier would go a long way.

This is our first base line in the game so we'll all be learning from it. We'll have to find the best way to integrate it into the game, carefully managing what may happen if one of the characters dies somehow or if the character must be excluded from game world and MC control or can be a park of it with a very careful conditioning for progression of the story line.

So it's hard to impossible to say what is needed, I think that a series of subquests adding to some form of main, longterm quest with multiple ending will do the trick nicely. It would allow us to draw the most experience from it to allow more different storylines in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5412 on: August 04, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
*Btw Kushina cannot be a virgin for obvious reasons, thus cannot be a part of Tsunade's quest.
But she still could use a small quest of her own.

I guess just the ideas and writing, maybe even submitted in Ren'Py script to make Darks job easier would go a long way.
I feel like the need to work with renpy scares many people unfamiliar with coding. Better to have dialogues and code them than to have nothing  :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:20:13 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5413 on: August 04, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »
*Btw Kushina cannot be a virgin for obvious reasons, thus cannot be a part of Tsunade's quest.
But she still could use a small quest of her own.

We agreed not to adhere to canon when it doesn't suit us. So there is no need to go out of the way.

I feel like the need to work with renpy scares many people unfamiliar with coding. Better to have dialogues and code them than to have nothing  :D

Oki...

But Klaus knew absolutely nothing about coding and still managed to do well for a while.

g "Line"
mc "Line"
g2 "Line"

menu:
    "Choice 1"
    "Choice 2"

and jumps are not too difficult to figure out.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5414 on: August 04, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »
But Klaus knew absolutely nothing about coding and still managed to do well for a while.
What you describe is for dialogues only, anyone can do it for a minute (literally), so it's not worth it. But actual quests will require flags and checks, and even stuff that you'll need to code yet.

We agreed not to adhere to canon when it doesn't suit us. So there is no need to go out of the way.
I dunno, she is pretty hot as a milf already. While we don't have a canon, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:44:31 PM by DarkTl »