Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821691 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5475 on: August 14, 2015, 07:43:05 PM »
The top drawer in the cabinet.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5476 on: August 14, 2015, 11:25:02 PM »
I meant what do you want me to do with them, it would be nice to have more specific instructions. I thought that you will give me a matrix of all coordinates within some complex shape, these are probably just the corners or something like that.

Basically, what I need is a way to get all coordinates that focus the buttons when player hovers over them with a mouse. Also, instructions on how to make sure that something on the screen is focused (where to place some marker or animation or change of mouse cursor or etc.). So I either need a ready to use file or instructions how to get there from data you provided.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5477 on: August 15, 2015, 04:18:35 AM »
What? The drawer is a rectangle with 4 irregular angles. How many coordinates do you think it might need to be defined mathematically?
If there will be a polygon with more angles, then there will be more coordinates.

There shouldn't be any effects except changing the cursor.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:20:21 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5478 on: August 15, 2015, 04:56:24 AM »
What?

You make it sound like anyone should know how to do that offhand :) I for once have no idea where to start, calculating area of the polygon we leaned in school but that is useless for getting coordinates... I'll see if there are some ready to use module in Python where you could just throw the info in and get the result... otherwise we need a formula that can be converted in Python.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5479 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:51 AM »
I think that I've found a formula, going to test if it works. What do we change cursor to, if that works?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5480 on: August 15, 2015, 05:42:08 AM »
It should be a loupe, I suppose. Like this. I'll make a better one, this is good enough for a placeholder.

You make it sound like anyone should know how to do that offhand :) I for once have no idea where to start, calculating area of the polygon we leaned in school but that is useless for getting coordinates...
It's hard for me to understand the problem because delphi builds buttons polygons based on coordinates by itself. I suppose this is a difference between free and paid/pirated engines  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5481 on: August 15, 2015, 05:54:13 AM »
It should be a loupe, I suppose. Like this. I'll make a better one, this is good enough for a placeholder.

Maybe we can make an animation of some kind, that would look cooler. I'll need to review how cursor is changed in Ren'Py, I know it's possible but this will be the first time I actually do it.

It's hard for me to understand the problem because delphi builds buttons polygons based on coordinates by itself. I suppose this is a difference between free and paid/pirated engines  :)

We're using VN engine... no way around that. I'll check btw, Devs promised custom shaped mouse areas/buttons but I do not recall reading that they've actually put the in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5482 on: August 15, 2015, 06:26:42 AM »
I'm looking for ideas about simple spending time together options. I added eat together option, but we cannot use any other AA2 options, they will be out of place.
And in order to invite someone to home MC needs a better home, which is not going to happen before the next release.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5483 on: August 15, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »
I'm looking for ideas about simple spending time together options. I added eat together option, but we cannot use any other AA2 options, they will be out of place.
And in order to invite someone to home MC needs a better home, which is not going to happen before the next release.

*Walk at the Beach
*Walk at the Park
*Visit a match at the Arena
*Spend time at the Cafe (We have Cafe as a location)
*Watch a sunset?

There are plenty of options here...

===
I've just pushed a polymatrix function that should do what's required. It seems to change cursor, load boundaries for JSON and return id from JSON properly. I do not have the background to test it. There was no ready to use implementation in Ren'Py.

It will be very easy to add a tooltip as well, loading descriptions from JSON if required... there are lots of thing we can do here to make the system better.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5484 on: August 15, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »
Yup, works like a charm. Awesome.

*Spend time at the Cafe (We have Cafe as a location)
You can select the location when inviting to eat, including the cafe.
Other options are decent, yeah.

I'm not sure how to deal with Konan. We don't have to blow her into paper and vice versa, another option is to make a decent paper whirlwind around her based on Particles for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5485 on: August 15, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »
I'm not sure how to deal with Konan. We don't have to blow her into paper and vice versa, another option is to make a decent paper whirlwind around her based on Particles for example.

Maybe... these effects are very costly development wise, I'd rather forgo it all together.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5486 on: August 16, 2015, 09:09:57 AM »
Ok, I rewrote giving money to free characters. Now you can give any sum, and it checks against character's current gold. If the sum is way too small, it won't end well.
Also now you can ask for money, providing that disposition is high enough. They will give you a random sum based on their gold, but never more than 1000. And they won't give you anything if you are much richer.

All options use days flags, thus cannot be used every day.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5487 on: August 16, 2015, 09:24:36 AM »
There is one major thing considering win10. It doesn't support applocale, even the improved hongfire version, and never will because they changed api functions a lot. Locale Emulator seems to be the best alternative. They develop it at github too.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5488 on: August 16, 2015, 12:55:01 PM »
Xela, can you make this work? The code is almost ready for use, but I have no idea how to display the effect, it keeps telling me that it's not a displayable.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5489 on: August 16, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »
I'll take a look, I don't believe that they are doing it right...
Like what we're doing?