devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821594 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5880 on: September 23, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »
Do class traits work? Or should they at all?

For testing I changed char json, adding "basetraits": "Mage", and then added her to the hero. She is a prostitute.
Another try, I removed occupation and added Mage trait directly. She's a prostitute and doesn't even have a Mage trait at all. That's clearly broken.

Could you please work off the example I've posted in one of the above posts? Or maybe even copy/paste it to other chars you are testing?

Some of the missing fields are still:

"body": "Body Type"
"color": "blue for example" *This is the color of a name when char is talking.
"what_color": "black for example" *This is the color of text when char is talking.

prolly others... I just remembered these ones...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5881 on: September 23, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »
Ah, I see what's going on. I was under impression that  "basetraits": "Mage" will work just as "basetraits": ["Mage"] for single value, but it's not.

Yeah, looks like now GM sorting works as intended.

There is another issue though that I noticed while testing. Race traits are not supposed to show names in gui, only icon. Some of them have long names, like Demonic Creature. And there is not enough space for such long names.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5882 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
There is another issue though that I noticed while testing. Race traits are not supposed to show names in gui, only icon. Some of them have long names, like Demonic Creature. And there is not enough space for such long names.

Oki, I'll remove name from race and personality, maybe add them to tooltip.

Races do not have descriptions btw..
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5883 on: September 23, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »
Yup, because too different chars can use them. I simply don't know how to write them to always be suitable for everyone no matter the actual race.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5884 on: September 23, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
(atm I don't remember what this is about)
I mean issue 59, with my comment at it.
For quest cases we probably need to control chars location freely, maybe instead of "city" it could be "Dark_Forest" to specify where exactly you can find her no matter the traits.
And there should be "None" location too if the character should be unavailable for GMs except quest cases.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5885 on: September 23, 2015, 05:24:55 PM »
I mean issue 59, with my comment at it.
For quest cases we probably need to control chars location freely, maybe instead of "city" it could be "Dark_Forest" to specify where exactly you can find her no matter the traits.
And there should be "None" location too if the character should be unavailable for GMs except quest cases.

Ok, I conciser the issue fixed.

If a character has a location set as one of the location labels (aka: "mages_tower" for example), they will have an absolute priority over anything.

If chars are not to appear in any location, location can be set as "unspecified" but in fact, any string except "city", "girl_meets_quest" or "slave_market" and all the valid location labels will do. So if you want to make it perfectly clear, you can name it "excluded_from_the_game_until_an_event" or something along those lines.

Rest of the requests in the issue are to be handled through events, ask me how if you can't figure out some specific case.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5886 on: September 23, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »
Oki, I've cleared a lot of issues tonight, there are too many to list properly, mostly those were code improvements/enhancements.

If something is not understood from reading github code/comments, ask here.

In order to get any specific image:

Code: [Select]
char.show("0000-bs.png", resize=(300, 300))
One cool thing that also came out of this update is that we now store just the image names... This seems to be working well so far. So we've removed 20k of "content/chars/Naruto/Hinata" and etc. from database, path to the file is now stored separately and can be accessed through char.path_to_imgfolder property.

===
Gift items have some illegal traits in them so they are crashing the game after I've fixed the code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5887 on: September 23, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
And the last push for tonight, I've fixed a small but and added a simple way to randomly image dissolve into BE. It looks really cool, especially with some masks.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5888 on: September 24, 2015, 12:57:47 AM »
So, it's possible to change character location in game freely, yes? Like, chars["Karin"].location = "Dark_Forest".

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5889 on: September 24, 2015, 01:01:49 AM »
So, it's possible to change character location in game freely, yes? Like, chars["Karin"].location = "Dark_Forest".

Technically yeah, we obviously do not have a "Dark_Forest" location but you can do this for any existing location label.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5890 on: September 24, 2015, 02:32:53 AM »
I'm not sure what happened, but hidden village location suddenly disappeared from the list at the map.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5891 on: September 24, 2015, 04:11:25 AM »
I thoughts you've hidden it as part of the design but there was a typo in code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5892 on: September 24, 2015, 07:04:22 AM »
No, I never hided locations so far. I think you mentioned that you did it some time ago to show how it works, but it wasn't hidden all this time, even yesterday, so I figured it's not finished yet.
So how and where do you do it?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5893 on: September 24, 2015, 07:24:30 AM »
Didn't we cover it already?

I think you just have to add:

"hidden": true
to the maps JSON. Then use:

pytfall.maps.unlock("mapname", "locname")
or

pytfall.maps.lock("mapname", "locname")
when you wish to hide/show the location.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5894 on: September 24, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »
I cannot find the commit where you added it.

I just searched via notepad+ for "hidden": true and then for pytfall.maps.lock in all jsons and rpys.
Zero results for pytfall.maps.lock, and "hidden": true we have only for items.