devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821428 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6000 on: October 04, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
I can't really see how you can get anything other than 5 if you set "charisma": 0 in stats in chars JSON.

Your level-up error is valid, I need to normalize stats on every traits application... Give me a sec to push another fix...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:50:15 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6001 on: October 04, 2015, 03:05:14 PM »
Oki, I am going to get some sleep. My last push should normalize the stats on every trait application. Hopefully, this will fix leveling from JSON issue.

Have a good night.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6002 on: October 04, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »
Yeah, it fixed all weird behavior, including issues with odd and even levels during level up from json.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6003 on: October 05, 2015, 10:03:36 AM »
Btw naruto pack was updated too, new version can be downloaded already.

We still have trails of removed libido stat here and there. Except GM - sex.rpy, there libido is an internal stat based on usual stats that determines duration of sex scene.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6004 on: October 05, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »
Traits were rebalanced, except for classes, I'll push them later. There were some incorrect fields, like old refinement stat or bonus to max upkeep, I fixed them too.

Anyway, I need to know for sure which stats will be useful for specific jobs (skills aside, of course). Classes are too powerful. They should be based on info from your code, not just my imagination.

Also we cannot remove mod field completely right now since it modifies upkeep. One of the options is to replace it with another field exclusively for upkeep.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:36:29 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6005 on: October 06, 2015, 01:41:38 AM »
I am thinking about what to do with the jobs (in a sense if they could be made modular). Logic and order is in fairly good shape now, all issues with SimPy also seem to be solved. I just need 5 - 10 hours of uninterrupted work to completely straighten out the system making expanding it with new content easy. For now I'll be taking out smaller issues from Hub/Code, god knows that we have enough of those.

===
We could plainly leave mod field for disposition and upkeep... I'll just rewrite it a bit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6006 on: October 06, 2015, 03:00:16 AM »
classes - jobs.tpy:
        The class that solves whoring jobs.
        @ Abandoned until 1.0 due to complexity of adding new content.
You have plans to do something major with existing jobs past 1.0?

Also, I searched in all jobs rpys for "charisma" and haven't found a single match. You don't use it for whore jobs? Or they are not ready for that yet?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6007 on: October 06, 2015, 03:52:14 AM »
You have plans to do something major with existing jobs past 1.0?

Maybe, it's not like it's a different setup or anything like that, Thewlis recoded WhoreJob and turned it in an over-complicated container and a set of classes... I found that too inconvenient to work with so I turned it off, the idea right now is to have a code that is easy to modify and expand. His option may still come useful but only after we know for 100% what jobs are going to be like.

Also, I searched in all jobs rpys for "charisma" and haven't found a single match. You don't use it for whore jobs? Or they are not ready for that yet?

I may make jobs and their checks dynamic, not sure yet but there are over 30 entries for charisma in jobs files, you may have misspelled it when searching.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6008 on: October 06, 2015, 04:21:33 AM »
Looks like by default anyone can edit wiki on github. You probably need to disable that function in repo settings, I don't think users can add something there, and we have a forum anyway.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6009 on: October 06, 2015, 07:24:07 AM »
Oki, now only collaborators should be able to edit it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6010 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:51 AM »
Today I tried to write an article about data files at wiki. I have to say, it's pretty confusing when you write about it, even though I know it first hand.
We probably need character editor, not to make character creation simplier, but to make it less confusing.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6011 on: October 06, 2015, 09:25:04 AM »
Forgot to say, you need to help with writing that article too. I have no idea what btraits is, and location field's logic is a bit complex, so I'm not sure how to write it. You probably can improve other parts too.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6012 on: October 06, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »
Ok, I'll take a look when I can.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6013 on: October 06, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »
Delphi has built-in module to work with jsons. But I never tried to work with it before (unlike all those modules I used in the tagger), so if I try to write character editor, it might take some time. On the other hand, the game already had a working module to read jsons, so it only needs another module to write them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6014 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:41 PM »
It reads/writes (Python's json module I mean). You may recall my proof of concept for the tagger in Ren'Py.
Like what we're doing?