Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821248 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6015 on: October 07, 2015, 01:49:08 AM »
Alright, back to stories. I need to show 3 layers of images at once: background, characters sprites, prison bars (as a big png with bars and transparency between them).
Bars should always be on the top, obviously.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6016 on: October 07, 2015, 02:01:10 AM »
Look for :on_layer:, :behind: and general description of layers in Ren'Py, maybe also just the screens. There are advantages/disadvantages to every approach.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6017 on: October 07, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »
How to change row in MC's team? I see how you can add and remove chars and rename the team, but nothing about rows.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6018 on: October 07, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
You can't for MC, Gismo never added that option, other chars rows can be set in their profiles (Control). We may look into setting the row in the team screen as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6019 on: October 07, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »
I wonder, what will happen if in BE you form identical parties using the same characters (not mobs)? Will it work as usual? Or killing enemy party will kill characters in your team after the battle?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6020 on: October 08, 2015, 01:11:05 AM »
identical parties using the same characters (not mobs)

It is not going to work, identical/same is not a useful option since a lot of BE data is bound to characters themselves. Some form of copies would have to be made.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6021 on: October 08, 2015, 05:26:12 AM »
Finally found a decent blueprint. I'm going to make a small exploration-type event based on simple blueprint and matrix.

Ideally there should be an option to change party members and formation during the event without actual access to MC screen. And not to include any hired character into the team, like usual, but to select only from the characters that you found during this event. Or, generally speaking, to select team from a freely changable pool of characters.
It could be easily but clumsily done via usual menus, when we just ask how the party should be built step by step. But if you can code something better closer to the release, it will look better.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6022 on: October 08, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »
Why do we have that reload option in the dev mode? What does it do, exactly? I mean R button in the left bottom corner.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6023 on: October 08, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »
Reloads the game... it's very useful when developing screens and testing new code. It does the exactly same thing as Shift+R.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6024 on: October 08, 2015, 03:01:00 PM »
So it does the same as closing and running again the game?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6025 on: October 08, 2015, 03:05:48 PM »
So it does the same as closing and running again the game?

Not exactly but close enough.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6026 on: October 09, 2015, 04:16:55 AM »
For some reason matrix works weird. Old maskes that worked before still work as intended, though coordinates of objects are a bit different from coordinates in jsons.
But when I try to create new coordinates json, matrix objects do not match objects on the screen.

If I have to guess, it has something to do with screen size or resolution. Do you know of any limitations there?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6027 on: October 09, 2015, 04:57:01 AM »
If I have to guess, it has something to do with screen size or resolution. Do you know of any limitations there?

From technical point of view, it should work perfectly. Are you sure that the window from which you're drawing coords is at true size/full screen? You can enter Gismos preferences screen and see if Window button is selected, if not, window is not @ true size.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6028 on: October 09, 2015, 05:31:21 AM »
Yeah, it is at true size accoring to the settings. I even tried to write coordinates in full screen mode, they were different and still didn't match objects.
I tried at two different pcs, still the same. But they both are not my usual pcs though.

So either something was broken at some point, or you need a very specific resolution and screen size. I'll try it at home on my usual pcs later, it will make everything clear.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6029 on: October 09, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
PC shouldn't really matter. There could be something wrong with the code...
Like what we're doing?