Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821683 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6180 on: November 02, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »
Excellent, it's more than great. As I've already said, rags are prolly not the most important clothing but this can be useful on occasion.

===
I've sneaked in a bit of an update to Jobs/Businesses. Loads of cleanups that really got in the way of proper development, I will still be hacking at it for a while I expect but this is a huge break through because now I can work on it one hour at a time without getting confused by dozens on lines of old and now useless code. Main loops for two Job types "Personal Service" (Whore Job type) and "Public Service" (Club/Bar type) are getting better, more mature and steamlined all the time. Soon I'll add last time which should be the simplest "Task Type" (Building) and "Management Type". Then I'll prolly take care of interface and other required logic for new businesses and explain how everything works. Later we can come up with cool upgrades for them.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6181 on: November 02, 2015, 08:06:33 AM »
It looks good enough. I would appropriate if you render the first picture without a character, I could use it as an icon for rags item.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:39:17 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6182 on: November 02, 2015, 10:20:34 AM »
On that picture i forgot to correct freestyle on the eyebrows so they look really strange..

I will make a rendering template to turn clothing into icons.. that way i can process them all with 1 file.. once its done you will have them.
1 thing i noticed is the icon size goes from 446x446 to 120x120.. you have a preferred resolution ? ( higher work best for resize in general.. i think )
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:23:00 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6183 on: November 02, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
Yeah, we use any good icons we can find since we cannot afford to draw them all, and I manually resize only really huge ones. I think 200x200 would be a perfect size.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6184 on: November 02, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »
We should massresize all items icons to 200x200 or smaller. There is no point in loading larger files into memory and that will cause delays even after I normalize image prediction.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6185 on: November 02, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »
Done. Prepare for a huge push  :)
Btw I noticed that we don't support light and dark background for items any longer. Is it intentional?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6186 on: November 02, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
Btw I noticed that we don't support light and dark background for items any longer. Is it intentional?

Yeah, Gismo hated that so he came up with something in between and told us not to use any icons that may look bad with it :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #6187 on: November 02, 2015, 05:50:56 PM »
Yeah, Gismo hated that so he came up with something in between and told us not to use any icons that may look bad with it :)

Different backgrounds looks really bad. This decision most affected category - weapons.
In many games developers differently approached this problem or simply refused badly looking items.
It is better to abandon such items. But I have a few ideas of how it can be solved with us, we just have to try )

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6188 on: November 03, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »
Hmm...

Should i refocus camera so clothing use the maximum space ?
About the ones who got more than body item.. should i render them on same icon or if theyr boots ill render them as separate icon for boot..
And some clothes are huge like miko dress and it has 3 clothing layer.. how do we proceed there ?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:18:10 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6189 on: November 04, 2015, 12:28:16 AM »
It would be a bit more work, but matching sets of items are fun. One day we may even code special bonuses for them. I'd split at lease some of these into sets.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6190 on: November 04, 2015, 03:49:04 AM »
I've killed a bunch of older issues and made new proper once for Jobs/Businesses and related stuff. We'll expand them when/if discussion move forward in the new thread.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6191 on: November 04, 2015, 07:19:23 AM »
They look awesome. We could use another camera to show some of them closer and use the maximum space, yeah. And boots, if they are a part of clothes, should be rendered separately.

For huge clothes like miko we have no choice but show only a part of them, like at the first miko picture.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6192 on: November 04, 2015, 07:46:03 AM »
Basically, when I create usable items, I'm limited by the game mechanics. By now we have hundreds of potions/books/etc in dropbox, but at this point we don't have enough stats and skills to make them useful.

We also have tons of icons for armor. Boots, body, gloves, helmets.

But when I create any clothes/dresses, no matter the slot, I'm limited by icons. It's very difficult to find an icon for miko clothes or school uniform, for example. For a few clothes that we have I had to cut images manually.
So we could use any clothes icons you willing to render, for all equipment slots.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6193 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
Well i did want to make all items from game as 3D model so i could render them for icons/itemdoll clothing/action render clothing/battle sprites.. they will be done little by little..

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6194 on: November 04, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »
Yeah, that's the problem. The base game only has those non-armor items which have decent icons. I still remember how I struggled for weeks trying to find more or less suitable icons for those few long dresses that we have at the moment.

If you can render any clothes icons, I can give you examples of clothes from my packs, and then I'll add them to the game as items after icons will be finished.