Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821512 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6435 on: December 19, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »
I am rewriting declaration, did you like "wing it" when you first added them?  :-\

Some aims are declared really, really oddly  :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6436 on: December 19, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
I don't understand what are you talking about. I manually checked every spell inside BE back then, in the testing mode with goblins.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6437 on: December 19, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
I don't understand what are you talking about. I manually checked every spell inside BE back then, in the testing mode with goblins.

Weird aim can have side-effects when fighting different opponents, you're aiming spells that should hit dead center of the enemy at bottom-center, then add offset and odd anchor (which will be relative to Goblin sprite if you're using them for target practice but may not hit the right spot with other mobs. Proper aim doesn't give a sh!t what mob you're aiming at, it will hit proper coordinates relative to true size of mobs sprite and than add offset/anchor if those are overwritten. You prolly misunderstood the system and tried aiming using offset/anchor instead with some attacks). I know it was working vs goblins because I've tried all the attacks many times but they were sometimes off vs other mobs in the arena, at least now I know why :)

I'll rewrite the code first and then re-declare all attacks properly one by one leaving better comments for future references.

===
That said, even with proper aim, we still may add sprite offsets directly to Fighters. Some sprites plainly focus the body of the sprite poorly when compared to the most normal sprites that position it at center.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:58:58 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6438 on: December 19, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »
Goblins sprites also had a lot of blank space before I removed it. Back then I thought the game ignores blank space for sprites anyway.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6439 on: December 19, 2015, 11:02:28 AM »
We'll figure it out, it's tricky to work with sprites from multiple sources... I am trying to write a code that will allow testing both old and new skill declaration at the same time.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6440 on: December 19, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
Where do you calculate payment for jobs? I didn't noticed anything related to it in classes-jobs when rewrote whore job.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6441 on: December 19, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
Where do you calculate payment for jobs? I didn't noticed anything related to it in classes-jobs when rewrote whore job.

It's in buildings/businesses. I wanted to generalize that as well, but it'll take a lot of time. If you want, you can write your own logic for Whore Job for now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6442 on: December 19, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
This f*cking gfx system is so f*cking demanding, been at it for 2 + 8 hours without breaks and I am still not done :( What's worse, i am not even sure that it'll work properly since it cannot be tested using incomplete code... still, it's based on previous data so it prolly should...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6443 on: December 19, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »
 :D

What do you mean by "It may be a good idea to split the job in 4 logical parts." in issue 44?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6444 on: December 19, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »
What do you mean by "It may be a good idea to split the job in 4 logical parts." in issue 44?

GayWhore, AnalWhore, StraightWhore and one more. I dropped the idea for now, it's just for code clarity and unimportant for design.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6445 on: December 19, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »
I am done for the night, BE is broken in many places + one line in Ren'Py needs to be modded for it to work properly atm anyway so there is no point in testing it...

===
Ok... another couple of hours left me with no choice but to abandon the current threading approach. It would seem that Ren'Py is not build to accept graphic input from multiple threads at a time or something else is going on I don't understand (or care to). It's back to SimPy or some other option. In either case, most of the new code is sound and usable even if the system failed as a whole.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:26:09 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6446 on: December 20, 2015, 01:40:27 AM »
About portraits...

Happy>Confident
Happy>(Suggestive<>Ecstatic)
Shy<>Uncertain
Indifferent>anything that is not happy, confident, suggestive or ecstatic.

Without such a system we are at risk of keep showing Happy when we need In Pain.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:31:31 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6447 on: December 20, 2015, 06:50:46 AM »
You can write the func yourself if you like:

Code: [Select]
if self.has_image("portrait", "happy"):
    tags = ("portrait", "happy")

and etc. I gotta figure out what to do with BE next.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6448 on: December 20, 2015, 06:55:37 AM »
I know I can. But I will include it into char.override_portrait, so I want to make sure you are not against the idea.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6449 on: December 20, 2015, 07:42:01 AM »
I know I can. But I will include it into char.override_portrait, so I want to make sure you are not against the idea.

We can always move that later if we wish this functionality whenever portrait is called.

I am still deciding what the best approach of handing GFX in BE would be...
Like what we're doing?