devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821249 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6540 on: December 29, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »
The revive spell is unavailable until you have a dead party member?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6541 on: December 29, 2015, 02:08:25 PM »
Rules are also a bit harsh...

1. You must refrain from posting vulgar words.

Not possible after reading the content of the post...

3. You must not post any kind of blasphemy.

Not possible while being an atheist...

4. Don't whine if your comment is not approved as soon as you posted.

Yeah... just: Fuck the free thought! Rape it, nail it to the wall, take it to the dungeon and make sure it's the JoNT dungeon... cause you know... Fuck the freedom of  expression! Just don't whine about it :)

===>>
"I’ve come to the conclusion that PyTom is a Satanist."

Even in a very unlikely scenario that it's a true statement, I'd still stick with Ren'Py cause Satanists have not come even close to the rounded number of the amount of people "good" god fearing Christians took out in the name of the "Lord" over the last few millennia.

How come it's so hard to not mind people like that? I am still glad that Ren'Py got the attention of at least on of those assholes, religious fanatics truly seem to stick their nose everywhere these days  ???
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6542 on: December 29, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
The revive spell is unavailable until you have a dead party member?

Yeah, it's kinda hard to "revive" a living party member :) At least that was my approach.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6543 on: December 29, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »
The problem is that death is hard to achieve in the testing mode.
Dominion spell, as a small rectangle, doesn't look good. Either we should try to make it full screen, or cut to ellipse.

How come it's so hard to not mind people like that? I am still glad that Ren'Py got the attention of at least on of those assholes, religious fanatics truly seem to stick their nose everywhere these days
You should read the very first post in that blog, May 05.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6544 on: December 29, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »

I thought it looked alright... Maybe not the full screen but just the part of the screen where the enemies are. There are another two options, one is about the same but the other creates kind of a sphere of dark energy, maybe we can use that.

You can start with 0 MC which means instant death in testing more or just use console to edit health.

You should read the very first post in that blog, May 05.

Yeah... religious fanatic was a bit harsh, guy is plainly retarded. Now I feel bad :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6545 on: December 29, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
It's more or less alright thanks to the dark screen, but the rectangle borders of animation are still too clear and obvious. I actually avoided all animations with clear borders when searched for spells.
We can smooth them up with alpha channel, either via editing the image or coding, if it's simple to code.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6546 on: December 29, 2015, 02:43:08 PM »
Actually, I tried to smooth it in gimp, it's pretty simple with the smearing tool.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6547 on: December 29, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »
Oki... I'll try to add a couple major spells tonight. Ice is prolly the hardest because I do not have a good one for it and have to improvise. I'll ptolly try the smashing hand-rock thing first. I want at least on areal super spell for all elements before the nest release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6548 on: December 29, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »
thanks to the dark screen

Problem without the dark screen is that we'd have to clear the image by hand because none if the tools that I've tried worked in removing the background. Removing dark matte is the simplest solution in all cases but in some it requires to restore back background to look well. Alternative, the only that I presently see is to clear the image by hand and that may take hours :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6549 on: December 29, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »
Added two more major spells. One really good one for electricity (took me a really long time to find because I only had the sh!tty quality one and just as ling to edit properly cause everything in the source is "chibi" and it looked off.)

I'll be busy for most of the day tomorrow, the day after it's just the water and ice left I think. I don't have really good options for either one but with edits and atl effects, we can build something :) I think that will be enough BE, so it's back to jobs or SE afterwards.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6550 on: December 29, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »
Couldn't sleep so I've updated Sorting/Layout/GUI in BE. We'll have to come up with decent menu names for spells with long real names. I've removed element icon from tooltip since we now how them in gui and replaced it with appropriately colored name of the element. Full name of the spell also was added there.

I think we'll have to add a new property to all spells, something like .order for proper sorting within the groups. For example:

Fire - 1
Fira - 2
Firaga - 3
Firaja - 4

- everything else in between...

Cataclysm - 100

for now they are plainly sorted by the .effect. We'll improve this and tweak the interface as we move along, but I consider this an improvement.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6551 on: December 30, 2015, 08:57:10 AM »
This one may be a good ice spell.
I found the game where that wind summon animation is from. Gonna try to, cough, borrow more animations from its resources.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6552 on: December 30, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
I mentioned it couple of posts back but it's not easy to rip them out. Look in my db, there are a few hundred animations from marple there.

That ice thing is a decent option for weapon skill as well. I will not be able to do much anyway today at least. If you break marple, see if you can find sfx as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6553 on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »
As far as some forums state, available marple resources were taken from very old version, there may be more in the newest one, since the old repacker which was used to get them doesn't work for new files after they changed encryption.

After some googling I found a way to open all new game archives. It's a freaking shit-ton of resources. After I unpacked sound archive, I got 31500 sound files, there are spells sfxs, music and mobs sounds when they attack or die. And archives with images have hundreds of thousands pictures. I feel like I found a treasure chest  :D

I'm not sure how to share it, the sound archive alone is 1.3 GB. You probably will have to download the game and unpack it on your pc.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6554 on: December 30, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
I uploaded some good sounds, including spells sfxs, to db. And some new animations too. Will continue unpacking tomorrow, there are too many.