devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821691 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6645 on: January 30, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
I remember that, prolly gonna fix the job assignment tonight, I already wrote some logic for that yesterday. Rest will have to wait a bit because UI is needed to get a better grip of a system and how we can make sh!t interesting. It's almost useless to have complex or/and interesting logic unless it can be relayed to the player in a straight and succinct manner.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6646 on: January 31, 2016, 06:07:23 AM »
Personal characters reports should contain general info about the work, like how many clients they served, how much gold earned for the turn, etc.

Btw I see many clients like characters for having Neutral trait. It's very weird even for a brothel  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6647 on: January 31, 2016, 08:58:03 AM »
Personal characters reports should contain general info about the work, like how many clients they served, how much gold earned for the turn, etc.

Btw I see many clients like characters for having Neutral trait. It's very weird even for a brothel  :)

Do we exclude all elements then? I don't think that belongs in Personal reports, maybe we'll add that to the building screen some how.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6648 on: January 31, 2016, 12:21:47 PM »
Well, I believe there should be short reports and long reports. In long ones we tell how every single customer picked characters, how well they worked, which pose they used, etc. That's what we do now in buildings reports.
In short ones we simply tell everything at once. Ie how many customers they had, how many were pleased, income.

I'd rather used race (even Human, which might be a thing in a world with many races) than elements, which are normally not obvious, unlike appearance traits.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6649 on: February 01, 2016, 11:38:58 AM »
Well, I believe there should be short reports and long reports. In long ones we tell how every single customer picked characters, how well they worked, which pose they used, etc. That's what we do now in buildings reports.
In short ones we simply tell everything at once. Ie how many customers they had, how many were pleased, income.

Eventually, yeah. For now I figure we need to see if we can relay general info on the businesses and events that took place, (summary with) specifics are touch to code, expensive to track and will have to wait for future releases.

For now Job reports + Personal Reports + Financial Reports + SimPy (Building) reports will have to do, what I was talking about earlier is to somehow make business experiences more unique and relaying certain events/business info directly to the Building screen, outside of ND reports. I have some ideas but nothing I can put "on paper" yet.

I'd rather used race (even Human, which might be a thing in a world with many races) than elements, which are normally not obvious, unlike appearance traits.

We're using that too... I will not be difficult to remove elements from there by just commenting out some code but that needs to be considered, we were talking about options to use elements during jobs as well as in BE.

=====>>>
Characters are prolly too complex... there are too many stats, traits and skills to worry about, but we'll see how it works out later, when there is more code for the testing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:40:33 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6650 on: February 01, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »
I wonder, how do we block jobs on assignment in the interface? Just match the traits or do the complete disposition checkup? Some workers are ok with doing a job if disposition is high enough...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6651 on: February 02, 2016, 08:06:43 AM »
The way I see it, it should be based on occupation, disposition, slavery status and traits. I suppose it should be checked the moment you click on the changing assignment button.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6652 on: February 02, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
The way I see it, it should be based on occupation, disposition, slavery status and traits. I suppose it should be checked the moment you click on the changing assignment button.

I didn't even think slaves... such case should just ignore all checks. Well, I'll see how far I can get with it and leave comments in the function, we'll add more/better checks there as we move forward.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6653 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
I don't really think slaves should be guards or something like that, not allowing to fight.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6654 on: February 02, 2016, 08:15:26 AM »
I don't really think slaves should be guards or something like that, not allowing to fight.

Yeah... until we have politics. If we ever get that far, this is something we can manage using that module by using money to push new laws or partake in the process somehow.

Anyway, I'll try to setup the functionality skeleton for the assignment checks and add all checks I can think off to the function. We can add the rest later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6655 on: February 03, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »
Let's see... So now every job has self.disposition_threshold, which even could be a bit different depending on stuff like traits.

Do you still run check_occupation part? It's a good place to handle the remaining (non refusing) logic.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6656 on: February 03, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »
Let's see... So now every job has self.disposition_threshold, which even could be a bit different depending on stuff like traits.

We can also add that to the function.

Do you still run check_occupation part? It's a good place to handle the remaining (non refusing) logic.

Yes, because we need it for high disposition/slave checks still. Some options can be removed from there that can no longer occur.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6657 on: February 03, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
Do you run check_occupation once per turn, or before every customer?

I suppose the worker will continue to work once you assigned her even if disposition somehow becomes less than self.disposition_threshold? In this case there should be penalties of some kind instead of refusing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:26:20 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6658 on: February 03, 2016, 12:39:22 PM »
Do you run check_occupation once per turn, or before every customer?

When the worker is chosen for the task so it depends on the job.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6659 on: February 03, 2016, 02:15:56 PM »
I need to access character inside def __init__(self), where you set self.disposition_threshold, in order to run checks there. Looks like normal means like char of self.worker don't work.