devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821673 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6735 on: February 26, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »
Hm. There were a few errors in money code related to wrong position of deleting variables which didn't existed, I fixed it. But that weird error remained.

Oki, so this is fixed now, not entirely sure what happened but it seems to be my fault (overwriting default input screen with out own version). Maybe something went wrong during the refactoring effort where I removed all pyt prefixes from screen names and included one case where it actually mattered... in any case, things are back to normal now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6736 on: February 26, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
As iv said i was busy with work and this was my first opportunity to check up on things here and i like how interactions works now.. well as long as you correct a few things that is..

Welcome back :)

GM - proposition.rpy ( line 316 ) "Hire her as [char.occupation].": ( to ) "Hire her as [char.occupations].": ( else your can hire anyone from interaction ) ( you cant ignore and skip the error )
traits_class.json  ( line 122 ) "id": "Stright Prostitute", ( to )"id": "Straight Prostitute", ( else you cant get her job description without errors ) ( you can ignore and skip the error )

Spelling error is resolved but the occupations thing is an Issue on GitHub longstanding and will be fixed in due time. This part of gameplay is evolving and there for not fixed in interactions.

custom_screens.rpy ( line 229 )  xysize (140, 10000) ( ermm no wonder with that number lol.. i just add # for now it will remove empty spaces ) and looks like some of the max shows as empty
( looks like its from stats or skills that are been worked on ) like the +con not showing up in mage mantle stats

This took almost six hours to get working again and was originally coded by out GFX Artist who is wizard in Photoshop but is a poor Ren'Py coder. The whole thing should be working now. Transfer screen is still an issue but you did not mention that.

Also theres a error you cant skip when you want to give her money.. didnt had the time to check where that comes from.

This was my fault and should now be working again.

Those are errors preventing seeing what was added even if some things are disabled/reworked atm..

Not sure what those are, but we're actively developing some things line by line.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6737 on: February 27, 2016, 06:16:55 AM »
is took almost six hours to get working again and was originally coded by out GFX Artist who is wizard in Photoshop but is a poor Ren'Py coder. The whole thing should be working now. Transfer screen is still an issue but you did not mention that.

Well didnt see anything that would disturb me.. since a few things arent complete.. and since i bought the item from the shop and know the stats it has i didnt even noticed it didnt show on that screen until you mentioned it lol

And im happy to see things are still progressing.. im still impatient to see the exploration mechanic working with the random chance to get mats/items/girls.. that thing only would make me play the game for a crazy numbers of turns even on its current state (might as well makes me invest more time making stuff for it since ill would probably see a few thing that would be missing)

But proper focus should be on the skills/traits/wages/taxes/class/jobs...

I dont thing you would add a skill/trait gain while performing a certain job with %chance.. but could this be done with their job/class/subs as they evolve to next rank or girl lvl like skill point you invest to unlock a trait/skills ( or something like sibr1x had) that way we could customize the girl a little withing the confine of her current job or decide to take a certain path on that job or general girl evolution.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:25:39 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6738 on: March 01, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »
Where do we determine pictures shown in character profile and during interactions?

I only found it for GMs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:11:01 PM by Dark »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6739 on: March 01, 2016, 02:51:35 PM »
Where do we determine pictures shown in character profile and during interactions?

I only found it for GMs.

In screens. Those are all separate, customized cases.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6740 on: March 02, 2016, 03:09:21 AM »
I found it for profile. As for interactions (not GMs), it's probably this part:
frame:
            background Frame("content/gfx/frame/MC_bg.png", 10, 10)
            # basestring assumes that image is coming from cache, so it simply a path.
            if isinstance(gm.img, basestring):
                add ProportionalScale(gm.img, gm.img_size[0], gm.img_size[1])
            else:
                add gm.img
or maybe this
    if gm.show_menu:
        use location_actions("girl_meets", gm.char, pos=(1180, 315), anchor=(1.0, 0.5), style="main_screen_3")
Either way, they both don't support exclude argument that I want to add.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6741 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
I see what you mean... we'll find a way, I am traveling atm so there isn't much I can do unless I get some time off.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6742 on: March 03, 2016, 04:19:03 PM »
As for interactions (not GMs), it's probably this part:or maybe thisEither way, they both don't support exclude argument that I want to add.

Interactions and GMs should work exactly the same way. I've made a content-less push pointing out the relevant methods. Screens seem to just put the preset images on the screens, Girlsmeets class seems to even have it;s own caching system, don't really remember if it was I or Thewlis who coded it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6743 on: March 04, 2016, 08:01:01 AM »
This is where we start interactions, I found it after all.
action If(not_escaped, true=[Hide("char_profile"), With(dissolve), Function(gm.start_int_or_tr, char)], false=NullAction())

Start_int_or_tr supports kwargs
        def start_int_or_tr(self, girl, **kwargs):
            """
            Starts either the interaction or training scenario based on whether the girl is in a training/schooling location or not.
            girl = The girl to use.
            kwargs = Arguments to pass to the start_int or start_tr function.
            """
            if in_training_location(girl):
                self.start_tr(girl, **kwargs)

else:
                self.start_int(girl, **kwargs)
But when I try to add more arguments to Function(gm.start_int_or_tr, char), it says there could be only 2 arguments.

Note that GMs start very differently, and it's 100% clear how to change GM pictures.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:35:17 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6744 on: March 04, 2016, 08:57:54 AM »
I should have proper time for this tonight, they both should start the same so there could be some old code in play there.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6745 on: March 04, 2016, 09:49:51 AM »
You see, all GMs have a string that clearly declarates what it does, ie sets images:
use rg_lightbutton(img=entry.show("girlmeets", "swimsuit", "beach", exclude=["urban", "wildness", "suburb", "nature", "winter", "night"], type="reduce", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
I've yet to find such a clear string for interactions. Everything there is a wrapper around something else, like you said once about Jakes BE  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:24:13 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6746 on: March 04, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
You see, all GMs have a string that clearly declarates what it does, ie sets images:I've yet to find such a clear string for interactions.

That's half true, that image is the last cashed for that label and it is pulled from the label_cache when GM is started because we do not provide one.

Everything there is a wrapper around something else, like you said once about Jakes BE  :)

Not really, but it is a bit messy.

This is where we start interactions, I found it after all.
Start_int_or_tr supports kwargs

But when I try to add more arguments to Function(gm.start_int_or_tr, char), it says there could be only 2 arguments.

This was on spot btw... it's just that **kwargs are not arguments, they are key word arguments so you need to take that into account, something like this:

Code: [Select]
Function(gm.start_int_or_tr, char, img=char.show(*tags, exclude=[*more_tags], resize=gm.img_size))
should work for interactions. We should be able use whatever the pic was on profile screen as well if we do something like:

Code: [Select]
Function(gm.start_int_or_tr, char, img=img)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6747 on: March 04, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLcTm4FIXS0

Ren'Py should now have better movie support. I am going to play with this a bit tonight.

==>>
WoW :D

Converted gifs do look better than the originals :D I am going to see if we some cool attack can be converted...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:39:26 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6748 on: March 04, 2016, 04:45:23 PM »
Ironically, interactions should be started via start_int, but it was never used outside of the testing mode... Instead we have that start_int_or_tr that may send you to ST label instead of interactions depending on location.
That probably makes them mutually exclusive.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:48:13 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6749 on: March 04, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Change it then :)

===>
webm is absolutely amazing, quality and size improvements over FilmStrip and Animation are almost frighting :) I just rewrote the class a little bit so I can add the webm without a loop.

I will push the first test case soon but I think that we'll use it for all new attacks in the future. I'll leave the both, the old and the new Cataclysm attacks.

Ren'Py will have to be updated to it's prerelease channel or crash is assured.

=====================> Edit:
Man... it's sick! It takes seconds to convert gif to webm using online converter, there is no need to remove black background because Ren'Py does that for you and quality is amazing while the size is almost two times smaller than the original gif, forget our filmstrips, at this quality they took 40 - 90 MB, webm takes 1.5 MB :D and no need to mess with rows, sizes and timings.

And it's possible to put the sfx in the file... this is possibly one of the coolest things happened to Ren'Py in graphical department in a very long while.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:48:59 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?