devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821808 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6750 on: March 05, 2016, 04:02:41 AM »
I presume renpy can remove background of any color, not just black?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6751 on: March 05, 2016, 04:21:03 AM »
I presume renpy can remove background of any color, not just black?

I think so... Ren'Py doesn't really do much, it's the video decoders and my knowledge of those is very limited. I've read a couple of posts on the topic and while it's seems more complex than just a background color (second video should really carry what they call "alpha/opacity" information) it did work perfectly with getting rid of black screen when I tried it on two separate videos. I've seen a lot of blogs just mentioning "single color background" like greenscreens, that why I "think" that it'll work.

It'll take a dive into video encoding universe in order to understand that, encoders are prolly not written in python as that would work a lot slower but there is a lot of the topics of video transparency all over the net.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6752 on: March 05, 2016, 11:48:58 AM »
The difference in animation quality is amazing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6753 on: March 05, 2016, 04:45:47 PM »
The difference in animation quality is amazing.

Yeah, but the most amazing improvement is the size... at huge resolution that I actually have to scale down for the BE, the Cataclysm file is just 1.5 MB :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6754 on: March 06, 2016, 02:46:24 AM »
This is what the two movies actually supposed to look like:

https://youtu.be/I457OaMJRT0?t=20

Prolly not hard to make but it's been ages since I've messed with video editing. At least the maple animation just seem to be working...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6755 on: March 06, 2016, 10:03:06 AM »
I could convert other spells if you provide me a guide.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6756 on: March 06, 2016, 08:38:16 PM »
I could convert other spells if you provide me a guide.

I plainly used this, at no audio at all and 25 frames per second ratio. 25 frames (same frame rate of any value for multiple videos ran at the same time, I just used a value of 25 at random) only matters if we run another webm at the same time, the more the merrier and we'll get better performance if they all at the same frame rate. Audio doesn't matter much and you'll need a proper video editor for that.

You've seen the new webm definition for the image, rest follows the same rules as before. It's cooler than I expected and we can now do whatever we like with those video files, just as we previously did with images, meaning that we can flip, zoom, transform, move, crop and etc... (so do whatever we like).

Since all RPG-Maker sprites are filmstrips (it will take major video editing skills to improve upon that since we do the exact same thing and in exact same way as the original rpg maker does with them), it's only the maple (.gif) animations that matter and those cal all be improved quite a bit (I recall I had to downsize one of them at the magnitude of 4 because the original came out as a 100MB files as a filmstrip, webm at better quality will come out as 2 - 3 mb).

I wanna mess with the spells/attacks more but I gotta get hacking at jobs and SE soon. We're really close to where I want Beta to be and SE just needs a bit of luve to adapt old logic to work with the new interface.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6757 on: March 07, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
I just made a new anime base moph for my models that i can render ( only head is morphed at since not decided on a body yet so neck size might look huge atm but that will not be the case when i render them posed )

After a few tries with wieghtmaps/rig that could never make the anime mouth i decided to use a morph ( a typical MMD opened mouth ) i will do all the anime expression later on

Form this base i only need to make minor adjustments to make crimson girls ( and thats like 5sec pulling sliders lol )

Test nr2 from the anime using their art ( did not make that hair type yet but will do )

Im also near done for the Freezing girls base head.. with those 2 i can nearly done everything

Ars Nova have nearly all the same base.. just slightly different eyes and little cheek moving with em but this base could do all as well as the Freezing since same thing as base ( with the wrong neck from non morphed body it looks bad but thats the head thats important as all the rest will end up as before )

Hmm even Cryska from Muv Luv Alternative..

( Naruto is a exception as their faces are different but i have a model to work with to make those as well )
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:06:26 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6758 on: March 07, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
Looks really great! You can now prolly animate to webm at some point as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #6759 on: March 07, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
I second that, this is splendid. Something bothered me a little on the previous faces, but I really like this one!

btw. Great works so far guys! Sry for not helping you atm.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6760 on: March 07, 2016, 01:35:06 PM »
Eh. So it's useless for png filmstrips, and we have like 90% of animations as filmstrips without a source gif -_-

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6761 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:06 PM »
Eh. So it's useless for png filmstrips, and we have like 90% of animations as filmstrips without a source gif -_-

No idea. I've seen at least two of the sites I've used to offer spritesheet to gif conversion. I don't really know of there is any software that converts spritesheets to webm directly... there might be.

But spritesheets (filmstrips) are working out great for as well. The only animations that are really worth converting are the once we were forced to reduce on size and those are all from gifs.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6762 on: March 08, 2016, 03:09:37 AM »
Within 5min i changed base1 to this 1..

So even Prison school now.. ( also made a temp body close to whats needed and as you can see by default neck is better an can be refined further if needed )

Well i guess ill work on this 1 and Cryska first making their hairs/clothes and some of their expressions from their character profile..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:24:04 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6763 on: March 08, 2016, 03:31:18 AM »
Are those famous characters? You were working on a random girl before, which you never finished?
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6764 on: March 08, 2016, 03:46:04 AM »
Well some are known others not so much.. but you can say all the crimson girls could be turned into random character.. the problem with the previous character iv made is its really random and coulnd decide on clothing/expression/and so on.. we can still use them but i like this head base better and looks good even for known anime characters ( wich i planned to do as well to fill the missing packs pictures or add new one for the expressions/action we might need her to do in the future.. but most of all to remove/replace the ugly picture that looks like the char but is not or the over disproportioned body parts like humongous tits ) i know its no easy to make packs but i really hate when i see its not the same girl or when the artist is so different you cant even recognize the girl right away lol

What im trying to make is like a base template for each girls that we can use/pose as we need and im getting better at making them look like the real thing.. not to mention i can use those to make battle sprites aswell with deffend/attack/cast moves.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:50:43 AM by lamoli »