devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821679 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6765 on: March 08, 2016, 06:19:20 AM »
Some quick hair to test the face..

Last picture (overlay of original picture on top of 3d) shows that the drawn face isnt symetric (unless 1 of her eyes is malformed) lol i hate hand drawings for that reason.. it still need improvments but thats a good start.

adjusted nose to make it less piggy like..

Hmm closer to real eyes color now

Something isnt right but i cant figure what lol..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:28:41 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6766 on: March 08, 2016, 07:53:27 AM »
I think the nose is too narrow in the last one. It might look good in the anime, but kinda weird when you go to 3d.

No idea. I've seen at least two of the sites I've used to offer spritesheet to gif conversion. I don't really know of there is any software that converts spritesheets to webm directly... there might be.
That's not the problem. When I converted a gif built from one of our spritesheets with transparent bg to webm, bg became white. So we have to know for sure if any bg is suitable.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6767 on: March 08, 2016, 08:06:46 AM »
That's not the problem. When I converted a gif built from one of our spritesheets with transparent bg to webm, bg became white. So we have to know for sure if any bg is suitable.

You could try...

==>>
@lamoli

As I've said before, it's all about if you can finish a pack at reasonable amount of time or explain how to do the same.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6768 on: March 08, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »
Yeah looks better now..

I guess ill use this to make the pack tryout.. its a good time to see whats missing as content
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:41:40 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6769 on: March 08, 2016, 09:25:54 AM »
Have her eyes been this far apart in previous images as well???

The previous girl you came up with was really good too, clothing was a great fit for her as well and there were like half the pictures needed for a pack already. Especially this new setup:

looks amazing but it feels like you're trying to make them perfect when the previous design was really good and “Perfect is the enemy of good.” :)

===>
It's obviously your call but I want to point out that you've been on the right track for a long time already.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6770 on: March 08, 2016, 09:53:07 AM »
Everything i ever rendered as pose and posted in either img/download link i can use with the new hair/head in a few sec to make the change rest is render time

like this Tied example i rendered before.. only morphed head and added new hair style..

So in essence it would take me like 10-20 min to make a pack once i got all the redered pose right
but in most of em what im missing is clothing even if its just garments..

Also need to work more on all the hair iv got.. this 1 is realy bad atm
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:57:18 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6771 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »
Alright, I tried to convert basic air spell to webm. I have no idea how set webms properly, so I just used your layout for cataclysm. I'm not sure if it looks better, but it definitely looks differently somehow. More transparent perhaps.
Perhaps this is the result of all manipulations with third party soft (build gif from sheet, change transparency to black color, convert to webm). You should take a look.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:32:17 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6772 on: March 08, 2016, 11:08:49 AM »
Hair update..

I still need to pose the hair a little more but this should be ok..

Now i need to check all the rendering templates i have and check if they are all in working order then ill render a pack.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:12:23 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6773 on: March 08, 2016, 11:39:12 AM »
Hm. There is a white area near her crotch, at both pictures.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6774 on: March 08, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
Yeah its because i dont add textures from parts that are not seen.. looks like i missed that spot lol but its no problem as long as i remember when i do the final renders for the packs.

i found 74 poses that i can use to render a packs.. some are clothes tho but the majority was from Dark action pictures. ( might miss 2-3 there still )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:59:36 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6775 on: March 08, 2016, 12:03:57 PM »
Alright, I tried to convert basic air spell to webm. I have no idea how set webms properly, so I just used your layout for cataclysm. I'm not sure if it looks better, but it definitely looks differently somehow. More transparent perhaps.
Perhaps this is the result of all manipulations with third party soft (build gif from sheet, change transparency to black color, convert to webm). You should take a look.

Yeah... As I've said in my last post on the topic, we're doing it wrong. One video should be the video itself, the other should be the opacity information as shown on youtube. Filmstrips in this context are not worth converting, at least not until we know exactly how to make the second video like that (I've seen some guides but never tried downloading the editing soft/trying myself).

Maple seems to be working ok and the size improvement are really cool. There were a couple of animation where I had to make some serious quality sacrifices in order not to end up with humongous files but there are not that many of those around.

We could add new or replace older animations with Maple once at full quality a LOT faster now + we have proper animation format to work with (even though almost 0 experience in doing so).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6776 on: March 08, 2016, 12:07:20 PM »
Hair update..

I still need to pose the hair a little more but this should be ok..

Now i need to check all the rendering templates i have and check if they are all in working order then ill render a pack.

It looks great but eyes look really far apart :D I know it's a thing, it's just that it may look odd for the random character.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6777 on: March 08, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »
Hmm thats just how her face is.. but i guess the fact that the hair covers part of her left eye and face gives that impression.. ill check on another template to see how it goes

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6778 on: March 08, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
I have doubts that the webm thing supports transparency like alpha channel does. In the youtube example there is no transparency, and there is almost no transparency pixels in the cataclysm animation. While the air spell uses it a lot at every frame.

I mean, we do have the opacity information, it's the webm itself. Black = transparent, non black = not transparent. And yet it looks weird.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:37:50 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6779 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:25 PM »
From what I gather there is full and complete transparency support as long as there is a proper mask video (as in the youtube example).
Like what we're doing?