Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821686 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6780 on: March 08, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
Hmm well in this example its better as the hair does not cover 1 of the eye and most of the face is seen..

Ooops forgot to enlarge the nose lol still looks ok

Ok not much difference but still something.. ( also moved a few parts that where wrong )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:30:34 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6781 on: March 08, 2016, 03:28:28 PM »
Alright, I made a proper mask video by converting alpha channel to grayscale mask. And remade the base video without making alpha channel black (thus the online converter made it white, can't be helped).
It still looks somewhat different.

Maybe it's because the original has 1.2 zoom, and I dunno how to set zoom for webms. You should make it work just like the original spell, then we'll see if there is a real difference.

Ooops forgot to enlarge the nose lol still looks ok
Yeap, looks great.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6782 on: March 08, 2016, 06:07:49 PM »
Alright, I made a proper mask video by converting alpha channel to grayscale mask. And remade the base video without making alpha channel black (thus the online converter made it white, can't be helped).
It still looks somewhat different.

They are the exactly the same displayable so they work just like the old spells.

===>
I've just tested it. File size is smaller but quality is pretty much the same. It's prolly not worth converting the filmstrips that were not reduced in quality in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:18:51 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6783 on: March 09, 2016, 03:21:02 AM »
Can we control the speed of playing webms?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6784 on: March 09, 2016, 04:10:23 AM »
Hmm all i need to do is to make the face/eyes more visible to avoid that weird effect that the eyes are too separate i guess..

Cleaning templates files and rendering em.. ( 4/60 action )
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:52:00 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6785 on: March 09, 2016, 04:18:53 AM »
Can we control the speed of playing webms?

No.

Hmm all i need to do is to make the face/eyes more visible to avoid that weird effect that the eyes are too separate i guess..

Yeap. They look somewhat blank in some pics. BJ pic is perfectly fine though.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6786 on: March 09, 2016, 04:24:28 AM »
Hmm lots of work again in RL could you tell me whats needed for a pack ( the minimum as action/clothing/expression ) that way ill focus on those first and make 1 then i only need to tweak the base face and add related hair to make another girl and from that point its 10 min to make that pack as the templates will be fixed by then..

Of course when i have more time ill expand the templates adding more action that need cleaning/fixing ( got 60 in total ) but might need like the same action but with different poses else every char will be doing the same thing with the same pose and only head will chabge.. ( this should be avoided somehow ) and as i said before im good at working with 3D making things from nothing but i got like 10/100 on creativity lol so if you can provide me with extra pictures of the main actions this would be nice..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6787 on: March 09, 2016, 04:30:06 AM »
Yeap. They look somewhat blank in some pics. BJ pic is perfectly fine though.

What do you mean by that.. too much lighting ? or the fact that we see too much empty space ? ( atm its the same lighting on all poor render quality as its just to clean/fix the previous templates iv done ) of course once you tell me whats needed as minimum action/clothing/expression ill finish those fast and tweak everything like posing hair adjusting lights and making good quality renders..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:32:07 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6788 on: March 09, 2016, 05:12:19 AM »
That's a shame, many video players have the function of changing playing speed.

For some spells I used algorithms like playing animation from beginning to end and then from end to beginning. If renpy doesn't support this either, more complex gifs will be needed for such cases.

Hmm lots of work again in RL could you tell me whats needed for a pack ( the minimum as action/clothing/expression ) that way ill focus on those first and make 1
Besides sex scenes, profile pictures with various emotions, backgrounds and clothes are needed.

At very least angry, indifferent, sad and happy are needed for a pack. Most big packs usually have angry, confident, indifferent, happy, sad, scared, shy, suggestive, tired and uncertain profile pic too.

Everyday clothes are default ones, most characters have them, except random ones. For random characters you can pick them freely as long as they are not too formal or revealing. Formal is an elegant dress of some kind, revealing shows more skin than usual one. For beach a swimsuit or bikini of any kind will be useful.

For rest scenes either indoor clothes or lingerie will be useful.

Other clothes are quite optional.

The most useful backgrounds are white or any other light color (multipurpose), general indoors (inside a generic building), living indoors (living room), beach, general outdoors (usually just blue sky as background), dungeon (especially for rape scenes).

You don't have to make all possible combinations for sex pics, they could have two types: with white bg and with living room. These are the most common cases after all. And of course you don't have to do all emotions for sex too, we need normal ones (ecstatic) and rape ones (sad). There could be any clothes, but for the sake of variety different clothes for different sex scenes are welcomed (like revealing/nude/lingerie).

You could try to make a pack how you see it suitable, and then I'll tell you what should be added to make it better. It's kinda difficult to describe it from the scratch, since I never did it before, instead making packs from already existing pics  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6789 on: March 09, 2016, 08:19:04 AM »

What do you mean by that.. too much lighting ? or the fact that we see too much empty space ?

On some pics eyes have this "blank" look, as if she's thinking about something else.

That's a shame, many video players have the function of changing playing speed.

For some spells I used algorithms like playing animation from beginning to end and then from end to beginning. If renpy doesn't support this either, more complex gifs will be needed for such cases.

As I've said, we don't have to convert everything at once. Webm is a new, really cool tool we can use but everything else is still in play as well.

The thing is that Ren'Py is using music channels to sync the video stream... until recently, when Ren'Py was updated to a much better media kit, it was not possible even to start a track at other timestamp than 0... now it is and a lot of other things as well but codebase needs to catch up and that is slow and tricky, especially while trying to keep sh!t backward compatible all the time.

====>>>
I don't know when we'll see another media update, but until then, we'll work with what we got. I even had to code no loop functionality myself (even though it was requested 3 times and would take 5 seconds to add), release version can only run looped animation.

Maybe PyTom is planning a better media player at some point and don't want to bother trying to make the older one work or plainly wants to hack at something else...
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6790 on: March 09, 2016, 08:32:14 AM »
On some pics eyes have this "blank" look, as if she's thinking about something else.

Right.. yeah didnt give expression in all the pose.. i will do that once i get the ones i can manage to get for minimum pack ready to be used for any new head/hair morphs

But well i got the thinking of something else expression ready then lol

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6791 on: March 09, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
Is it possible somehow to use multiple values for a flag? I mean something like char.set_flag("gm_stripped_today", value1=day, value2=amount).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6792 on: March 09, 2016, 08:48:37 AM »
Is it possible somehow to use multiple values for a flag? I mean something like char.set_flag("gm_stripped_today", value1=day, value2=amount).

You could use a container:

char.set_flag("gm_stripped_today", {"day": day, "times": amount})

or

char.set_flag("gm_stripped_today", [day, amount])

There could be a better way, I don't remember if I coded something like this specifically.

Edit: Doesn't look like it... we have counters and union sets but nothing specific for multivalues. The above should still work.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:53:47 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6793 on: March 09, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
Im still bad with expressions but im trying lol..

Could use recomendation for the clothing they should wear.. like the footjob 1 could use stockings and some dominatrix clothing set as its the dominatrix pose ( witch match that girl personality )
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:27:20 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6794 on: March 10, 2016, 05:36:00 AM »
So to resume so far i have..

Profile with expression with some clothing: Shopping, Sing, Waitress, Strip, Exe, Dancing, Cleaning (7/13)

Rest / Mast: Bathing, Restbeach, sleep, Mast1, Mast2 (5/5)

Service: Handjob, Titjob, Footjob, Blowjob (4/12) some are for the GirlxGirl

Sex: Ontop, Doggy, Onside, Sitting (4/7) some are for GirlxGirl

Rape / Bondage: (4/9)

I will update the profile parts with some clothing i have

I still need to pose the hair on nearly all of em.. and i need to make more clothes..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:40:26 AM by lamoli »