devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821667 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6960 on: March 23, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »
The lesbian scene is broken though.
File "I:\RenPy\renpy\execution.py", line 408, in run
    node.execute()
  File "I:\RenPy\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "I:\RenPy\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/interactions/GM - sex.rpy", line 625, in <module>
    $ char2 = random.sample(willing_partners, 1)[0]
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 323, in sample
ValueError: sample larger than population
Perhaps it's better to postpone it until the next release.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6961 on: March 23, 2016, 01:35:35 PM »
The lesbian scene is broken though. Perhaps it's better to postpone it until the next release.

Not really, this looks like a simple extra check is required. It's not something that will be made easier with a good general code setup.

If you don't want to mess with it, we'll drop it. If you don't mind, I'll find a way to fix it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6962 on: March 23, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
It's not the first time when it breaks down, I figured your changes in the base code do it  :)

It requires a building check btw. I mean, in order to even have a chance find a partner, the interaction should be started in a building with multiple chars in it. We can cut off GMs by checking if the character is hired, but proposing it to a single char in the current building makes no sense.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6963 on: March 23, 2016, 05:21:10 PM »
Ok, so the blow off thing should be ready and it's working rather well.

Code: [Select]
$ char.set_flag("_day_countdown_interactions_blowoff", 3)
This is the code to be added before something that pisses the char off really badly takes place. 3 is the number of days required for the cooldown. New text can be added to the interactions blowoff label, they can prolly be conditioned through even more flags.

The whole thing seems to be working rather well (for a hack) :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6964 on: March 24, 2016, 02:11:28 AM »
Come to think of it, nothing prevents us from emulating a group action by using more complex menus and multiple characters pictures, just like we do with les scene.
Of course it will require a better menu than default renpy "menu" and quite complex logic behind it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6965 on: March 24, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »
It's not likely to be a popular option anyway cause we'll have to multiple, unrelated pics to simulate the action.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6966 on: March 24, 2016, 11:38:45 AM »
I studied HHS+ code today. It's mostly about moral corruption, hard to implement in a game with a whore class  :)
Both ST and mind control are very limited, too bad.

At least blackmailing and drugs options seem legit.

Love the event with cat adoption though, definitely will add something like it to MC house when it will be more important  :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6967 on: March 24, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »
Uh, I added $ char.set_flag("_day_countdown_interactions_blowoff", 2) to kiss refusing and proceed to the city. After every refusing scene I got
  File "game/library/screens/locations/cemetery.rpy", line 25, in script call
    $ gm.start_gm(result[1])
  File "game/library/interactions/GM - greetings.rpy", line 861, in script
    $ renpy.show_screen(exit)
  File "game/library/interactions/GM - greetings.rpy", line 861, in <module>
    $ renpy.show_screen(exit)
Exception: Screen graveyard_town is not known.

Then I went to the tavern and initiated a GM outside of it. I got
  File "game/library/interactions/pyt - screens - interactions.rpy", line 42, in script
    show expression gm.bg_cache
Exception: Image 'bg tavern_town' not found.
even before the kiss.

But everything worked perfectly at the beach.

Something is clearly broken now  :-\

Besides, the flag doesn't have any effect on interactions with hired one, I don't think it's a right thing to do, unless they are slaves.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:24:41 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6968 on: March 24, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
Something is clearly broken now  :-\

Besides, the flag doesn't have any effect on interactions with hired one, I don't think it's a right thing to do, unless they are slaves.

1) All screens and labels at interactions locations are supposed to have the same name, that was done to make sure we don't need to write a useless binding dict, if a locations doesn't follow that setup, you'll get an error. bg location name was supposed to a name of associated background.

2) I know, we'll take care of interactions with hired chars at later time. I want to finish the normal gms first, making sure everything is working there before we double on nay crap that may screw us.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6969 on: March 24, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
I wonder if there should be limited GMs with unsold slaves at the market or some other close location. Behind prison bars png maybe.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6970 on: March 24, 2016, 04:28:49 PM »
I wonder if there should be limited GMs with unsold slaves at the market or some other close location. Behind prison bars png maybe.

Maybe, I also wonder if it's sensible to allow webms from AA2/some rendering soft in the packs, it can look ok sometimes http://webm.land/media/YFTG.webm. Size is about the same as an image and we have excellent capabilities for them now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6971 on: March 25, 2016, 01:51:55 AM »
Well, I don't want to render unique scenes for every single character myself. More rendering - > less developing.

Universal scenes, tied to different body sizes without visible heads and maybe with different skin tones will be quite useful though.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6972 on: March 25, 2016, 07:36:29 AM »
We probably should limit the amount of (unique) gifts per day too. Randint (2-3) maybe. Gifting is not handled by my code though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6973 on: March 25, 2016, 07:47:07 AM »
By unique, you mean repeatedly giving the same gift or any gift?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6974 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:38 AM »
Well, I don't want to render unique scenes for every single character myself. More rendering - > less developing.

Universal scenes, tied to different body sizes without visible heads and maybe with different skin tones will be quite useful though.

if it's sensible to allow

I am not saying that we should do it ourselfs. Right now it's plainly not possible to add an animated image...

It'll require this:

1) Adding the file format to the func that builds tag database.
2) Writing a function that automatically picks Transform to resize a movie and Proportional Scale to resize an image.
3) Make sure that whatever image manipulations we do are always skipped for movies (maybe also with a func).

4) Maybe adding webm to your tagger and making sure it doesn't crash on a preview and maybe adding new "animated" tag.

With none of it as a priority. It'll be one of those long term issues if we decide to proceed.
Like what we're doing?