devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821479 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6975 on: March 25, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
We already have protection against giving the same gift over and over.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6976 on: March 25, 2016, 09:05:10 AM »
We already have protection against giving the same gift over and over.

Really? I never remember stuff like that. I'll add another counter then.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6977 on: March 25, 2016, 11:30:26 AM »
Yeah! I figured it out and remembered what we did there after that. Items cblock is used to limit the amount of times gift can be given. So it's the general interaction than? We can even block the button itself (I think), how many times per day do we want to allow giving gifts?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6978 on: March 25, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »
Yeah, it's a good idea to block/hide the button. Let's go with two gifts per day, with the second one giving only a half of its bonus to disposition, unless the bonus is negative ie the gift is bad.

Another good idea is to make a "back" button in the gifts menu in case if you changed your mind (or misclicked  :) ).

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6979 on: March 25, 2016, 02:19:30 PM »
4) Maybe adding webm to your tagger and making sure it doesn't crash on a preview and maybe adding new "animated" tag.
I looked into it. Either I write a small videoplayer based on directshow and included into the tagger to show any kind of animated files and videos as long as pc knows how to do it. Or simply open the file in its default program, ie there should be for example kmplayer or potplayer on pc (they both know how to show webms, maybe some other players can too), and webm files should be associated with it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6980 on: March 25, 2016, 03:13:38 PM »
Yeah, it's a good idea to block/hide the button. Let's go with two gifts per day, with the second one giving only a half of its bonus to disposition, unless the bonus is negative ie the gift is bad.

Bad idea about the second gift, we already have that sort of mechanics for repeated gifts (I think). I don't think two different decent gifts per turn should be a disadvantage, not even three gifts. I'll do three max and we'll see how that plays out, it can always be changed later on.

Another good idea is to make a "back" button in the gifts menu in case if you changed your mind (or misclicked  :) ).

It's always the last button in the gifts menu :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6981 on: March 25, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
Ok... so now you can give only three gifts per day. Every day game will count down by -1 so on the next day directly, it is only possible to give one gift.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6982 on: March 25, 2016, 05:51:16 PM »
For the purpose of balance we need to decide how many days should be required to go from 0 to 1000 disposition, providing that MC focuses on one character.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6983 on: March 25, 2016, 06:05:28 PM »
For the purpose of balance we need to decide how many days should be required to go from 0 to 1000 disposition, providing that MC focuses on one character.

I can only "put" my thoughts on the "table" :)

1000 disposition should be almost impossible to achieve under normal gameplay. Enough for friendship should take 50 - 70 days but there should be events to significantly help with that (like have a drink in the tavern or at the beach cafe) (gifts/money or other displays of affection not included). Enough for a lover status, prolly something around 130 - 150 days (same rules).

Times should be events/traits dependent as well as a number of already existing lovers (again based off traits).

More coherent logic and methods will be possible when we'll have an interactions module. For now it's a reasonably long time and ways to cut down on that using gifts, events, unique quests and etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6984 on: March 26, 2016, 05:09:34 AM »
Ok, let's say lover status would require 1000 disposition. 1000/[130-150] = [6.5-7.5] per day, without any additional events, only via normal GMs. It's a very low number compared to the current system, when even a simple chat gives randint(1,4).

I'm not against it, but it means that either disposition should be noninteger and for example chat will give from 0.2 to 0.5, or max disposition should be more than 1000. Because otherwise there is no way to make simple options like chat balanced.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6985 on: March 26, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »
Ok, let's say lover status would require 1000 disposition. 1000/[130-150] = [6.5-7.5] per day, without any additional events, only via normal GMs. It's a very low number compared to the current system, when even a simple chat gives randint(1,4).

I'm not against it, but it means that either disposition should be noninteger and for example chat will give from 0.2 to 0.5, or max disposition should be more than 1000. Because otherwise there is no way to make simple options like chat balanced.

You can always do something like if dice(25) and award 1 point. Maybe even base dialogues of that. The system I really want would require a much better tracking system than we have now :( So whatever we do, it's temporary. Also, lovers should prolly be something like 800 - 900 give or take trait bonuses/penalties. 1000 should be rare. I also want to do -1 disposition per day if interaction could take place but didn't.

===>>
I'll try to put some more time into Cleaning Job tonight and maybe think about AI module for chars... it's prolly premature but if I can come up with a sound general plan, maybe we can use some simple version of that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6986 on: March 26, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »
Yeap, it's was an example for simpler calculations  :)
I imagine at 1000 character is willing to become a slave or something.

You can always do something like if dice(25) and award 1 point.
No, people will avoid such ineffective options, since it's a total waste of AP with 75% chance. Unless it will be the only available option, but it won't be.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:54:28 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6987 on: March 26, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
Tagger update. I found a way to resolve one old bug when sometimes you had to click twice in order to select a flag. And added a very small button that removes special clothes flags in case if you misclicked or something, thus you don't have to reset all tags to remove them anymore. In all other cases there is already a way to remove wrong flags by hiding them altogether, so it's the only place where such a button is needed.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6988 on: March 28, 2016, 01:24:31 PM »
Can't you disable equip button for wrong genders instead of showing the message about it?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6989 on: March 28, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Can't you disable equip button for wrong genders instead of showing the message about it?

Sure thing, I've been slacking off lately writing some basecode for a very flexible cleaning job but I am starting to fear that it breaks the "keep it simple for the best result" narrative. I'll try not to forget to disable the button.
Like what we're doing?