Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821444 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7095 on: April 17, 2016, 01:58:07 PM »
F*ck!

I forgot that all job reports are individual and we do not have a proper system to relay data of "team" efforts. I'll add a hack for now to wrap up basic flow of the Cleaning job and create an issue to add "Team" efforts to ND reports somehow...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7096 on: April 17, 2016, 03:29:09 PM »
Ok, base code for cleaning job is finished and debugged. There is still loads of stuff to do but I am happy that the base is working :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7097 on: April 18, 2016, 03:18:33 AM »
Also, there are other options like dissolving one element into another or adding movement from left to right.
We should try dissolving with some cool circular mask.

Trait icon + status (resting/active/learning (we color the tiny round))
There is also another status that we show nowhere atm, friendship and lover stuff. Again, a dissolving with a circular mask probably will look cool there.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7098 on: April 18, 2016, 03:41:11 AM »
True but I am more concerned about jobs/buildings/upgrades atm to think about interface. My plan was to finish core code, ask gismo to hack interface while I am cleaning/wrappping shit up and you're balancing/adding content.

We're still lacking in a number of areas :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7099 on: April 18, 2016, 04:10:17 AM »
Omg, that pesky MPTraits animation. I made it like
            frame:
                align (.0, .0)
                xysize (330, 126)
                background Frame(Transform("content/gfx/frame/base_frame.png", alpha=0.98), 330, 126)
                hbox:
                    ysize 110
                    $ trait = char.personality
                    $ img = ProportionalScale("".join(["content/gfx/interface/images/personality/", trait.id.lower(), ".png"]), 120, 120)
                    imagebutton:
                        align (.0, .0)
                        at pers_effect()
                        xcenter 54
                        ycenter 59
                        idle img
                        hover img
                        hovered tt.Action("{=library_book_header_main}{color=}{size=17}%s{/=}{/color}{/size}"%trait.id + "\n" + trait.desc)
                        action NullAction()
And when MPTrait icon expands, it also expands the background frame background (tautology  :) ), ruining the interface. Even though there should be plenty of space for it anyway. How to force background to not expand?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:16:24 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7100 on: April 18, 2016, 04:32:19 AM »
Can any element of interface have a tooltip? Or it's limited to buttons?

Buttons only. It wouldn't make sense otherwise, since buttons can be text, images, displayable, animations and etc. You'd be slowing the engine to a crawl if possibility of tooltips was added to all displayable (which it can be quite easily).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7101 on: April 18, 2016, 04:43:21 AM »
Omg, that pesky MPTraits animation. I made it likeAnd when MPTrait icon expands, it also expands the background frame background (tautology  :) ), ruining the interface. Even though there should be plenty of space for it anyway. How to force background to not expand?

Seems to be working fine for me.

Depends on case per case basis. You could use a fixed image for a background (would not be the best solution but it would solve the issue). You can also try and track down why it changes size even through there is plenty of space, for example, you could create a fixed that has a size larger than animation in it's largest state, put the animation aligned to perfect middle. You can add an empty space (Fixed) where the animation should be and put the animation code completely outside of the frame, it would be absolutely impossible for it to effect the frame this way. There are other options as well...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7102 on: April 18, 2016, 04:57:28 AM »
I tried to add maximum (330, 126) to the frame, nothing changed, while it's supposed to limit its size.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7103 on: April 18, 2016, 05:02:09 AM »
        frame:
            background Frame(Transform("content/gfx/frame/p_frame5.png", alpha=0.98), 10, 10)
            xysize (330, 780)
            xanchor 0.01
            ypos 30
This code draws the whole big left panel background at the character screen. I don't understand what 10,10 do there. Nothing changes when I change them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7104 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:49 AM »
I tried to add maximum (330, 126) to the frame, nothing changed, while it's supposed to limit its size.

It does but it will not force the size limitation (it will not mutilate the displayable inside of the frame, nor will it rape their placements if their combine size exceeds frames maximum). Also this: xysize (330, 126), already sets the maximum so you'd just be doing it twice. This wasn't in my suggestions btw.

This code draws the whole big left panel background at the character screen. I don't understand what 10,10 do there. Nothing changes when I change them.

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displayables.html#Frame
https://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/cookbook/Customizing_Textbox_appearance

You can omit that in this case in modern Ren'Py. It should prolly be 0 in our case anyway.

==>
I do not see this effect, did you change something else since your last push??
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:15:21 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7105 on: April 18, 2016, 05:25:55 AM »
Just did my first push today, if you want to take a look.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7106 on: April 18, 2016, 06:00:10 AM »
Just did my first push today, if you want to take a look.

It's a really bad idea to use a frame here. Also it would prolly look a lot cooler if the circle was transparent and we drew the animation behind it, but we can always to that later. You've also added center and alignment to the button... that is a pretty insane thing to do.

I'll fixes the basics and push back.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7107 on: April 18, 2016, 06:13:23 AM »
Also it would prolly look a lot cooler if the circle was transparent and we drew the animation behind it, but we can always to that later.
I'm not sure yet what will be the best. I planned to make the animation work, figure out the best values for animation zoom and time, and then test it with different frames to find out.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7108 on: April 18, 2016, 06:22:17 AM »
Ok... I changed it to Fixed. Why are you doing this? Interface is more than fine, I thought we decided to leave it for 1.0 long time ago?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7109 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:33 AM »
I cannot withstand anymore free-floating somewhere at the bottom race and traits icons, they look out of place there.