devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821710 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7110 on: April 18, 2016, 07:06:20 AM »
Fair enough...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7111 on: April 18, 2016, 07:22:57 AM »
Um, why do we show character base class twice? First with white text next to the new frame, then in the end of the left frame. And with different logic, no less, so I dunno which one is better.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7112 on: April 18, 2016, 07:44:30 AM »
They show the same thing... I came up with the text version first, later added the buttons with an intent to make different once for SIW, Service, Warriors and Manager classes.

Leave the one you like best and comment out the other.

Only TisaOTM/default fonts works with weird characters, you've used something else for full names so I am getting "artifacts" instead of the weird unicode. Frame you've used is also small so on longer names, it changes size which is a bit annoying and didn't happen before.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:46:55 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7113 on: April 18, 2016, 07:57:37 AM »
You should have seen it before I reduced font size, really long names ruined the whole gui immediately  :)

Whatever I do with the frame, it won't be a reliable solution. The whole left panel is too narrow to support names of any length. We should move full names somewhere else, or change font size depending on the text length.

Actually, I wonder if the game can pick font size depending on the text width, without manual length checks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:21:05 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7114 on: April 18, 2016, 10:07:23 AM »
No, it cannot. We can move them to Edit: *tooltip viewport maybe... as part of the default.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:09:32 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7115 on: April 18, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
There will be even more work with the next release if I decide to update stuff to new interface paradigm. Everything will still work even without any modifications but I love the new way it is coded, it'll definitely worth doing for the next major refactoring.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7116 on: April 18, 2016, 03:47:22 PM »
There is also SE, a huge field for coding with SimPy and for creating events and locations  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7117 on: April 18, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
A lot has been taken care of already on jobs, buildings and simpy areas. I am more concerned about fullfilling the interface gismo vame up with cause that seems like boatloads of logic. Tonights effort of building team reports for jobs went really well. I cannot crack one of the issues with it yet but it might be ready tomorrow. It's another thing we can use for SE.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7118 on: April 19, 2016, 02:23:35 AM »
There will be a series of quests based on Naruto there as well.
Eh, most quests are kinda meh, I'm going to remake them. There is a difference between an idea and actual ingame events. Something that looks good on paper or in imagination is not so good at the screen.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7119 on: April 19, 2016, 02:28:05 AM »
I thought it was ok for a start.

Team Jobs Reports are more or less finished and working well. I am going to adjust cleaning job to them soon.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7120 on: April 19, 2016, 02:32:54 AM »
Of course we need more finished systems to make proper quests, like SE, which effectively allows to search for hidden or lost characters and items outside of VN mode with minimum coding.

I tested the village a bit, it's quite inconvenient to use matrix every time you want to visit the ninja shop. Gonna make it work like other shops.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7121 on: April 19, 2016, 02:56:20 AM »
Of course we need more finished systems to make proper quests, like SE, which effectively allows to search for hidden or lost characters and items outside of VN mode with minimum coding.

I told you, it shouldn't get in a way if you leave out the bit that requires the module and just set up conditions during testing as if something was accomplished or failed...

==>
Core cleaning job and team reports are finished, you'll need to update testing.rpy if you want to test it. For team reports, we'll use autoscrolling stats and images (latter if there are too many images). Cleaning job requires more luv (pretty much like all other jobs) but I am not going to micro it atm. Next is prolly the guard job and/or whatever else is left.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7122 on: April 19, 2016, 04:20:07 AM »
I'm afraid due to lack of a detailed concept I dunno what SE will be capable of.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7123 on: April 19, 2016, 04:37:38 AM »
I'm afraid due to lack of a detailed concept I dunno what SE will be capable of.

Who gives a damn... you wrote: find a person/item. Just write the conditions as if a person/item was found/quest was failed. It will be resolved in SE later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7124 on: April 19, 2016, 04:40:00 AM »
Ehh, we probably shouldn't show gender field for gifts, materials and loot. It's not just useless, it looks weird to have a unisex glass  :D