devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821562 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7125 on: April 19, 2016, 04:55:40 AM »
Ehh, we probably shouldn't show gender field for gifts, materials and loot. It's not just useless, it looks weird to have a unisex glass  :D

LoL

I'll take a look. Trying something fun with the map but we're using huge transparent pngs for alignment instead of pos like we used in the past :( Gonna try something else...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7126 on: April 19, 2016, 05:16:06 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering why we do that instead of setting coordinates when (just now) created map icons for the village. Although pngs are optimized, so they almost don't take space.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7127 on: April 19, 2016, 05:47:33 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering why we do that instead of setting coordinates when (just now) created map icons for the village. Although pngs are optimized, so they almost don't take space.

Not all by the looks of it but it's fine... whatever is simpler/faster, I restored older (one image) way as well because I wanted to use Appearing UDD from Ren'Py documentation with it. Now you don't see the village highlighting until your mouse is within 200 pixels from it. It is obviously still possible to hide it completely using the usual way until unlocked by event/quest.

It now also requires just the one small image, I didn't bother to optimize it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7128 on: April 19, 2016, 06:40:41 AM »
Haha, look awesome  :)

We don't really have a general style for buttons we use at screens locations, so I just quickly made one for the ninja shop from a few pngs. I suppose some kind of standard will be needed there too eventually.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7129 on: April 19, 2016, 11:05:10 AM »
It prolly make sense to learn how to interrupt events in SimPy... I thought I figured it out but it failed my tests couple of month ago, I am not sure if that is because of some Ren'Py interference or because I misunderstood something (latter is more likely).

==>
Everything will still work even without direct interruptions but it'll be a little bit more clumsy. I am going to try and work on guard job a bit tonight. It's prolly the last one from the old pool that we're still missing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7130 on: April 19, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »
 I suppose if guards are going to prevent problems, not just attack aggressive customers, they could use a new, security skill to notice problems before they arise.

And don't forget there should be a place for events during all jobs (something I loved in wm ex). It's when a character gets an arbitrary buff or debuff for the whole turn based on dice, job, stats and traits. For instance, I recall how ALBoobs had a chance to prevent effective guarding there due to limited mobility and increased noticeability.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:33:33 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7131 on: April 19, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »
I suppose if guards are going to prevent problems, not just attack aggressive customers, they could use a new, security skill to notice problems before they arise.

I'd prefer not to multiply skills on per job basis :( Maybe a more general "guard" skill we can use in this and other relevant jobs and maybe even BE...

And don't forget there should be a place for events during all jobs (something I loved in wm ex). It's when a character gets an arbitrary buff or debuff for the whole turn based on dice, job, stats and traits. For instance, I recall how ALBoobs had a chance to prevent effective guarding there due to limited mobility and increased noticeability.

SimPy easily trumps whatever WM Ex did. I'll add anything we might want in due time.

Right now I am more interested in interruptions but I want to mess with it only after the guard job is more or less ready cause it is a perfect testing case (guards busy on patrol are called to respond to an event). Working with SimPy is (logically) difficult and time consuming but the most fun I've had coding since BE rewrite :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7132 on: April 19, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »
Um, too late for that with our oral/anal skills that hardly could be used for non sexual actions  :)

Maybe observation or perception then. Such skill would be tremendously useful inside SE too, when you need to watch out for ambushes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7133 on: April 19, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »
Oral... aka Speechcraft :D

I don't really care about details like skills, not before the system is setup and code is optimized (even if just a tiny bit).

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7134 on: April 19, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »
Such a skill assumes that all (guarding) character can analyze all customers, not just interact with them 1 to 1. That's why I mentioned it, to make sure the system will support it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7135 on: April 19, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »
Noted.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7136 on: April 19, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
Today, when I tried to find a newly added item in inventory, I had a thought that maybe items in any inventory should be sorted by name. But perhaps customizeable sorting is better, it won't take too much space in gui anyway if done correctly. By name, by price, by amount, by gender. Btw we used to have gender filter, I don't see it anymore.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7137 on: April 19, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »
Today, when I tried to find a newly added item in inventory, I had a thought that maybe items in any inventory should be sorted by name. But perhaps customizeable sorting is better, it won't take too much space in gui anyway if done correctly. By name, by price, by amount, by gender. Btw we used to have gender filter, I don't see it anymore.

Can be added after beta release I think... I don't remember if we had a gender filter. Maybe a quick key filter... so interface doesn't get cluttered or a new screen with options.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:46:18 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7138 on: April 19, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »
Yey!

Just pushed working/debugged skeleton for patrol part of the guardjob + warrior quarter upgrade :)

===>
Edit: I finally understand SimPy docs/examples while reading them  ::) Gonna try to interrupt a process with fingers crossed... and prolly call it a night.

====>
And it is working perfectly, hard to believe that I've spent half a day trying to get it to work just 5 or 6 month ago... gonna keep hacking at something for one more hour.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:43:31 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7139 on: April 19, 2016, 02:42:11 PM »
The picture that we show during launching the game, forgot how it's called in renpy... A funny thing, it works a bit differently in win10. In win 10 it takes 1-2 seconds to resize and position it to the center, initially it shows a bigger version, close to right bottom corner. While in xp, 7 and 8 it's already resized and in the center from the beginning.