Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821792 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7590 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:39 AM »
I am rearranging some old FG code (the bits I thought were worth saving ==> transferring to new design). I hope that we'll have working FG core code by the end of the week so I can go generate some data and continue with FG interface (I need that for the last two parts of it: "controls" and "reports").

I have traces of ST module in interactions. What's up with it atm? Can I delete those (purely placeholdering) lines?

Because iirc it was coded for JoNT-style training, with rewards and stuff, so it probably will be fully rewritten by you.

Maybe comment them out? They may be useful + there could be some logic we can reuse? I don't know, it's you call, you're working on interactions and we're very unlikely to include ST in beta. I think that there is still some form of running away + recapture mechanic in place there.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7591 on: May 17, 2016, 08:59:08 AM »
I think that there is still some form of running away + recapture mechanic in place there.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was wondering about. Does it even work outside of that ST module?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7592 on: May 17, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
Yeah, that's kinda what I was wondering about. Does it even work outside of that ST module?

That's a maybe... for now. I do want to restore it for slaves though. Right now, slave try killing themselves if they are systematically mistreated, I wanted to add running away to it as well. Especially since it has been tested already, it'll just require a tiny bit of adjustment and we're good. Maybe I've done that already, it's hard to remember in a game with 130k lines of code/content :D

Please leave that part in, rest I don't care about atm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7593 on: May 17, 2016, 10:48:53 AM »
label training_event_runaway:

"You attempt to train [char.name], but she manages to escape before you can start!"

jump girl_interactions
There is literally no more text related to running away, other than system messages about remaining days and stuff  :D

So not just you should make it work outside of ST, you also need to insert labels for my lines when it makes sense. Like when MC managed to recapture one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7594 on: May 17, 2016, 11:16:32 AM »
There is also this huge code base  ???

Code: [Select]
# The generic event for recapturing slaves that have escaped during look around actions.
#
label escaped_girl_recapture(event):
    # Get the specific girl
    $ char = pytfall.ra.get_look_around_girl(event)

# If something goes wrong
    if char == None:
        hero.say "Wait is that?.."
        hero.say "Must be my imagnination..."
        return

else:
        hero.say "Wait is that?..{w} It is!"

"You sneak forwards carefully, trying hard not to alert your pray.\nWhen you get close enough..."

hero.say "Ah ha!{nw}"

char.say "Ah! What? No!{nw}"

"You grab [char.name]'s arm and hold on tightly as she tries to struggle."

hero.say "Found you. You won't be escaping again."

char.say "..."

# Return the girl to the player
        $ pytfall.ra.retrieve(char)

return

Also mech that she can get captured and jailed. You'd have to pay a fee to get her out. I am thinking about other stuff atm...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7595 on: May 17, 2016, 11:26:43 AM »
That "ah ha" probably should be replaced by quick session in BE -_-

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7596 on: May 17, 2016, 01:24:18 PM »
I gave some thought to the idea of having female MC in terms of content, since lines are universal in this regard now.

Sex scenes are the most problematic part. Lesbian pictures are much less consistent, and for some characters much more rare than straight ones. Packs naturally have much more content for straight actions due to artists preferences. Lesbian+partner hidden are especially rare.
If we make a female MC, we cut off big part of the content.

So tricks like body swapping or something like that are probably more preferable than true female MC.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7597 on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
So tricks like body swapping or something like that are probably more preferable than true female MC.

Nah... I'd rather go with showing two nude pictures than do this to supplement lack of pictures. I mean, female MC might require a pack of images... and from there it's a slippery slope to allowing MC to participate in the world fully :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:46:00 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7598 on: May 17, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »
I believe you proposed an idea a few years ago to allow female MC to use any girl pack as a base. Meaning female MCs do not need some special packs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7599 on: May 17, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »
I believe you proposed an idea a few years ago to allow female MC to use any girl pack as a base. Meaning female MCs do not need some special packs.

Exactly... but that needs to be handled delicately. Also a task for the future. I want to see if I still got something left in me to write few more lines for FG.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7600 on: May 17, 2016, 02:32:47 PM »
Hm. With set_status function I can add interaction to free a slave, right? And vice versa, to propose a char with close to max disp and close to 0 character to become one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7601 on: May 17, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
Hm. With set_status function I can add interaction to free a slave, right? And vice versa, to propose a char with close to max disp and close to 0 character to become one.

Yes, (it's called a method when attached to a class). I am slowly adding things like that because we might add interim logic in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7602 on: May 17, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
F*ck it... I rather see if I can take out some issues on the hub tonight, can't keep all the log reports in focus for FG.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7603 on: May 17, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
I need a testing case for:

https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/issues/177

Throw it in the dev menu (I've updated it, put it under logic).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7604 on: May 17, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/issues/176

Our approach here is prolly f*cked. Rather than managing all of that logic, we could have simply blocked the corresponding buttons. Of well... since it's working already...
Like what we're doing?