Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821911 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7890 on: July 28, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
Hmm.. completely forgot about arena character poses.. like normal guard / defend / cast / idle.. those should cover all the current menu.. i just cant find images that shows good ones to create the poses..

We don't have poses in BE. It'll prolly look even weirder without animations than just stationary sprites.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7891 on: July 28, 2016, 11:11:12 PM »
Ok then what i need are a few standing battle positions for swords / bow / gun

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7892 on: July 29, 2016, 05:31:50 AM »
Something like those but even more examples of em.. ( they are 800/800 so resize should be fine, i tried 200/200 but i could see the pixels :(  )

Also if you can use animated gifs.. i can make those really easy for animation lol ( its about 4 sec to render 1 of those so i can render a 10-20 frame animation really fast, the number of frame will set the speed so may be more or less )

Considering that max size is 200/200 it would be really easy to make this warrior disappear with fade-in and appear left ( same height placement as target but 200px left ) to the selected enemy as hes 200/200 also when that happens you can use the slash animated gif with fade-out if needed then fade-in back to original pos
The big advantage is once 1 animated pose is done it can be used with any other char ill make but i would have to make a few of them for each class ( melee/ranged/magic )

Edit: at the moment the animation system is a pain so ill never go above 20 frames.. if you dont want it for BE it could still be used for action scenes or training..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:40:49 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7893 on: July 29, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »
Hmm.. how do i make tags for my pack ?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7894 on: July 29, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »
Gif format is completely not supported by renpy, because renpy creator considers it too old and limited (not enough colors, bad compression). I think webm is the only supported animation format, aside from simple sprites strips animated by code like this one, which are most of our animations since a proper conversion to webm is not very simple and often not worth it.

Sprites with visible weapons should be avoided, because we cannot afford to show any weapon type (already 15 unique types and there will be more). Difference in weapons inside BE is visible via available skills and attack sound, it's enough. In general battle pose could look like https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lu13uzpcjl553y/0009-bs.png?dl=0 without weapons, or something like that. Your pictures are fine too as long they don't have that sword. Weapons are fine for any other pictures, but battle sprites should be weaponless if possible.

For tagging I wrote a guide here http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3533.0
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:14:27 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7895 on: July 29, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »
Hmm not seeing the weapon but having pose is really bad lol as they will all look like kung fu battle sprites and when i chose attack with sword or bow ill be really annoyed with BE lol

I dont Have a problem making every weapon/clothing/accessory visible in BE as i wanted that already for equipment doll.. but yeah only my stuff will have all at first and that will be bad..
But like i said i worked hard to get close to a drawn look like style to be able to fill in the missing stuff for existing girls packs like adding BE sprites ( even with animation if gif worked ) or job action like a normal version of any action and not having to have to do with what ugly picture some ppl made like instead of the normal girl proportions they put huge tits way too much muscle or even there is only chibi version only >.< thats mostly why i started this.. to remove those ( for me unbearable ugly pictures ) and add normal stuff that will look better or even add missing girls i wanted in as im so bad with 2D i coulnd make any decent..

not sure how to make webm but if you can make it out of frame to frame images thats what i get or i could use avi/mpeg/xvid

Edit:
Even if not every accessory/items/armor types are shown in BE sprites weapons are really the bare minimum.. and i can add them to existing BE sprites if needed if not redo it all...
with my clothing test for equipment doll i just put a transparent layer on top of normal picture with the missing weapon and its done
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:08:17 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7896 on: July 29, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »
You can create png series and covert those to webm.

This: https://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36951&start=15

will explain everything, there is a simple command line software that is very easy to figure out but if you have adobe equivalents, it's even easier with gui. I don't mind multiple weapon sprites, it would not be too hard to make it work in BE. I don't remember if you have git setup and don't recall you pushing anything but if you have that or have a copy of modern game, you can look for tags dict file, it's very, very straight forward and any new tags you come up with will just work if you add a binding there. I'll have to write a method in be to scan for weapon tags and if found, pick the right one for the job.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7897 on: July 29, 2016, 12:19:46 PM »
Even if not every accessory/items/armor types are shown in BE sprites weapons are really the bare minimum.. and i can add them to existing BE sprites if needed if not redo it all...
with my clothing test for equipment doll i just put a transparent layer on top of normal picture with the missing weapon and its done

Maybe a few general options... but we don't pay too much attention to clothing in PyTFall, the idea is to simulate business, city, one day maybe economy and politics. With so many chars, stuff like clothing becomes too much to invest already limited time and resources into. It's possible to add more fields to items and have some general options prepped for eq doll but even that might be an overkill.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7898 on: July 29, 2016, 12:35:19 PM »
Ok yeah it will take some time for everyone to have everything visible with my system.. but if its possible just dont lock the possibility to mod it later on.. ill make 2 versions of my stuff with and without weapons so it wont look bad with whats already there..

Omg lol back to FFmpeg encode.. that puts me back when i encoded series for LoL.. but at least i should be able to use the tool alright :D
And funny thing is from that link is im also using Blender for the output so should be able to convert it out of animations and not only images
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:41:01 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7899 on: July 29, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »
For tagging I wrote a guide here http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3533.0

Ok downloaded the tagger and reading your quide

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7900 on: July 29, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »
hmmm.. i tried searching the forum but coulnd find the post where you told me whats the minimum needed for a pack to work.. can you repost again or link old 1?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:56:13 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7901 on: July 30, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »
Many sprites in packs do have weapons because they simply don't have weaponless versions. That leads us to vague mechanics such as always giving sword attacks to sprites with a swords to make things somewhat less confusing. You can use weapons too, but it shouldn't be something major and important.

I mean, if you intend to make a unique sprite for every unique weapon, you should understand that adding a new weapon type is a matter of 5-10 minutes, including the time to find a suitable sound. Creating an equipable item is a matter of 1-2 minutes, if you already found a nice set of icons. I imagine rendering them will take more time. The system is completely open and allows players to easily create their own items without having special skills. In fact even though we only released very incomplete alpha with little to no gameplay, people already made a few dozens items.

Explanations about packs start from http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1291.msg38865#msg38865 and continue on the following pages.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7902 on: July 31, 2016, 03:19:09 PM »
Angry profile pose and expression ( i could take a face closeup of the 120/120 image next to text later if it looks alright for you)

Added clothing that could work for Matron but its the pose and expression that matters the most here..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:56:14 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7903 on: August 01, 2016, 12:07:15 PM »
Shy.. ( tryed some blush transparent masks and ended with that 1 )

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:02:54 PM by lamoli »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #7904 on: August 01, 2016, 04:36:40 PM »
Hi, I updated my old girlpacks in my post and their .jsons to the current version of the game. Only except one girl where I'm stuck on one python thing I totally forgotten how to do - so my question is:

How do I correctly add something new to dictionary? Like, a new spell (let's say for example, "Fira2"), if I want to define it outside the load_battle_skills label?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:53:46 AM by CherryWood »