Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821274 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7905 on: August 02, 2016, 04:20:57 PM »
I don't see any problems with
    init
        image fire_1 = FilmStrip('content/gfx/be/filmstrips/fire_1.png', (192, 192), (5, 4), 0.1, loop=False)
in a separate file if you use a custom animation and then
    python:
        SimpleMagicalAttack("Fira2", menu_pos=1, attributes=['magic', 'fire'], effect=20, multiplier=1.6, mp_cost=7, range=4, desc="Ignites the air in a limited area.",
                                           attacker_effects = {"gfx": "fire_1", "sfx": "default"},
                                           main_effect={"gfx": Transform("fire_2", zoom=1.5), "sfx": "content/sfx/sound/be/fire4.mp3", "duration": 2.0, "aim": {"point": "bc", "anchor": (0.5, 1.0), "yo": 40}},
                                           target_sprite_damage_effect={"gfx": "burning", "initial_pause": 0.1, "duration": 1.3},
                                           target_death_effect={"gfx": "dissolve", "initial_pause": 0.7, "duration": 1.2})
        char.attack_skills.append("Fira2")
inside a label you are gonna call.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7906 on: August 03, 2016, 04:30:25 AM »
Happy..

For this 1 i made another without the bottom teeth like the drawing but i thing lower lips should be more like a U shape than a V.. tell me what you think about it

Edit:
Will be important when i take only the face for the 120/120 portraits

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:32:42 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7907 on: August 03, 2016, 04:40:39 AM »
Also i really have a hard time finding profile with the right expressions.. as im after standing and with face angle that permits the eyes to look at you.. (to make portraits from those later)

If you have more of those in angry/happy/shy and for the rest of the expressions that would be great..

Also lots of pictures i found have the girl sitting or other poses.. do we need to restrict those to represent resting or other stuff like that ?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7908 on: August 03, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »
Sad..

If you have another sad facial expression let me know..

Suggestive..

Need more specific suggestion facial expressions..

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #7909 on: August 03, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »
I don't see any problems with
Thanks! I used the same code, but my problem was that I had SimpleMagicalAttack entry in init but thats too early for battle_skills dict to be initialized - when I put that in _start_id label, it works fine.
Strangely it worked that way in alpha and that confused the hell out of me.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:19:15 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7910 on: August 03, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
For this 1 i made another without the bottom teeth like the drawing but i thing lower lips should be more like a U shape than a V.. tell me what you think about it
Hm, I like a V form more here.

Also lots of pictures i found have the girl sitting or other poses.. do we need to restrict those to represent resting or other stuff like that ?
The system welcomes almost any pictures. Sitting poses, depending on circumstances, can even be used for both resting and profile tags. For example this one, which also has eating tag. The character is relaxed, but it's not like she's sleeping or something.

Also i really have a hard time finding profile with the right expressions.. as im after standing and with face angle that permits the eyes to look at you.. (to make portraits from those later)
Where do you search for them? I mean, the best way is to download big packs, such as touhou, persona, naruto or sailor moon, or a few random packs, and use the tagger mask option to find emotions you need. It allows to instantly find the tag you need.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:41:39 PM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7911 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:55 PM »
Hmm iv been browsing https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/ as i only have 4 packs.. and yes i search using the tagging like "pr/po e(1-e)" but its like 90% of all i find isnt whats needed or not standing or i already have something too close..

Atm focusing on profile so unless sleeping/resting/eating/reading emotion ( i wasnt planned on doing now ) they need to be standing

For the sad facial emotion i need more than the 1 i have but need to be different.. ( i guess it depends of what sad is for you ) so maybe you can chose a few sad looking girl for me lol
and its the same for suggestive ( matter of personal choice i guess.. )

I will try to find the others i do not have ( confident/indifferent/scared/tired )

Edit:
Well i will need sitting pose for tired i guess

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7912 on: August 03, 2016, 09:31:10 PM »
do you have samples of anime eyes ( open/closed/blush/and so on.. ) so i could see how they work.. i tryed something custom on the happy emotion but doesn't look right lol..

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7913 on: August 04, 2016, 01:56:28 AM »
Hmm iv been browsing https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/ as i only have 4 packs..
Hmm, interesting. It might have pictures I don't have in my packs, I mostly use websites listed here.

For sad you could use something like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zrxeysv2089px1/011D-nn-e9-ee-ca-l2-pr.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rshezlt6lmm2gkn/001A-nn-e9-c1-cf-l1-pr-pa.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkxh61ca2yp4v4x/0140-nn-e9-eb-c1-cf-l3-l9-pr-pa.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjhlx8rqb4x0z0z/0062-nn-e9-eb-ed-c1-l2-pr-pb.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bytz4mtif9jqj65/0119-nn-e9-c2-l3-l9-pr.jpg?dl=0

do you have samples of anime eyes ( open/closed/blush/and so on.. ) so i could see how they work.. i tryed something custom on the happy emotion but doesn't look right lol..
Sadly, I'm not an artist  :D
Deviantart has plenty, I suppose.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #7914 on: August 04, 2016, 04:52:06 AM »
Thanks! I used the same code, but my problem was that I had SimpleMagicalAttack entry in init but thats too early for battle_skills dict to be initialized - when I put that in _start_id label, it works fine.
Strangely it worked that way in alpha and that confused the hell out of me.

I had to change loading order because things got really messed up otherwise. Those skills now work like all other objects in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7916 on: August 05, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »
I am trying to find the best compromise for the gui/reports design. What was originally planned becomes a complete mess with loads of buildings so it will prolly have to be split once more into major building and business reports. I am looking into making it work somehow without adding more code and complexity but it is not looking good :(

Maybe a break from businesses and jobs is what is needed atm, to get some perspective...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7917 on: August 05, 2016, 11:22:42 AM »
There is another update for renpy, therefore I assume it's safe now to fix all screens?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7918 on: August 05, 2016, 11:47:55 AM »
There is another update for renpy, therefore I assume it's safe now to fix all screens?

No, when: Ren'Py 6.99.11 Pre-Released will be called a Released version (without prefix), it will be perfectly safe. Many people are still reporting cr@p and it gets fixed and updated almost on daily basis.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7919 on: August 05, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »
Are there changelogs for prereleases btw? I only see them for releases.