devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821449 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8100 on: August 14, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »
I will keep doing the chrome YUVA WEBM for scene testing purpose as for me its simpler to see direct results and when its good ill make a normal WEBM and a second 1 with alpha in red for mask..

Im missing tired and indifferent expression/pose now.. do you have samples of those ? ( full body pose would be great )..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8101 on: August 14, 2016, 12:40:20 PM »
I tried it actually with the last lamoli example, the girl is half transparent in this case.

Yikes... I didn't mean it using those resources. You could have done it if you had .png sequence (that we usually work with) :) I don't have a slightest idea if you can even properly import webm's alpha channel to AE. Without that, you'll be in trouble cause there is nothing you can mask to the second movie.

But whatever lamoli is using (like Blender), I am sure he can create more than webms with it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8102 on: August 14, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
Im missing tired and indifferent expression/pose now.. do you have samples of those ? ( full body pose would be great )..

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/s/common/uploaded_files/1456932416-73141f197fb5152a01e0e4cb1ea39f50.png

LoL?

I am not 100% sure, but I think we're using indiffrent as an alias for casual. You can just get the gallery and look at how it is used atm...

and F*ck, for some reason I am getting tags that have no business being assigned to the pics, I'll look into that tonight first... like I just got three names with a single portrait...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8103 on: August 14, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »
Packs are not deeply tested, it only could be done when many people will use packs and (hopefully) will report about unusual pictures logic. I'm sure there are errors, I spotted one just a few days ago in DOA pack, with straight picture tagged as a lesbian one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8104 on: August 14, 2016, 01:17:25 PM »
Packs are not deeply tested, it only could be done when many people will use packs and (hopefully) will report about unusual pictures logic. I'm sure there are errors, I spotted one just a few days ago in DOA pack, with straight picture tagged as a lesbian one.

Oh no... that can't be your fault, I am getting different names as in:

It prolly does not spread to the game outside of the gallery cause I haven't seen a false identification for a long, long time. More likely it's some remnant of older system, when we used to try and access database 3 or 4 times that were not really needed due to older Rudi's code. Most of that code is still in play but after the last rewrite, system is more sound now, not using system paths anymore and letting Ren'Py handle most of the "action".
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8105 on: August 14, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »
Indifferent are pretty straightforward, just some neutral, calm pose with neutral face.
For tired ones it's hard to find pictures where character is standing. In most cases they sit or lie, sometimes even sleep.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8106 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »
for my example my blender output is 54 pngs with alpha.. i send those in AE to create the animation.. 0000 is shown 4 sec ( still image ) then 0001-0006 is the first animation then i show 0006 4sec then animation 0007-0012 show 0012 4sec then repeat till 0054

and the output was a .mov who had transparency and to make sure it was working i broke it downs with ffmpeg and he gave me 0001-1253 pngs with alpha so i knew it worked.. then spend a full day trying every encoder and cmd line to try to encode those 1253 pngs into webm ( proly got it right a few times not knowing it as when you break the webm result if you dont use the right parameters to recover the alpha its lost and you get a black BG ) its later i found out how i could test my webm to see if transparency was working with chrome and it did.. so build something to display it with html/js/css..

For Dark i could give him my 54 pngs and the AE file that makes the image transition there the alpha is intact..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:02:56 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8107 on: August 14, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »
I think that just the pngs will do. We do not actually have any setup for animated images outside of story lines, but it's easy to add.

===============>>>
Weird enough... the tags thing is benign and cannot interfere with the game itself but it's pissing me off! I'll try to figure it out tonight, if not, I'll just drop it and work on the BE.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8108 on: August 14, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
Ok saw you reply too late already packaged the whole thing..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giejnp8b5cvg3zy/Test.rar?dl=0 (usual PW with small P)

contains the EA and the main rendered files 0 6 12 up to 54 ( folders are for the pose to pose transitions so not usable as image as its vertex moving without bone constrain it was intended to move facial expressions and not body parts ) but when needed i can make real animation with bones..

Dark could you use my files and give me the result EA file you get when its done ( it would be faster than me having to find out browsing related forums to find out how to do it )
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:28:23 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8109 on: August 14, 2016, 04:41:32 PM »
What do you mean by result here? It all looks like it's ready for importing into media encoder.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8110 on: August 14, 2016, 04:49:04 PM »
Ok saw you reply too late already packaged the whole thing..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giejnp8b5cvg3zy/Test.rar?dl=0 (usual PW with small P)

contains the EA and the main rendered files 0 6 12 up to 54 ( folders are for the pose to pose transitions so not usable as image as its vertex moving without bone constrain it was intended to move facial expressions and not body parts ) but when needed i can make real animation with bones..

Dark could you use my files and give me the result EA file you get when its done ( it would be faster than me having to find out browsing related forums to find out how to do it )

Help me out here... we can load these to Ren'Py using my custom Animation class or using images system that come with the engine or creating .webm using AE. That is in no way a problem. There is in fact no problem here at all :)

There is a question
: What do you want us to do with them? I would not mind creating a story for our only real custom (not "cured of greed" I mean) girl, it'll take time and some creativity. Dark already came up with a whole story line for Naruto Chars. That would prolly require story driven content though, not the other way around.

I always assumed that you could run the actual copy of the dev project? Outside of the dedicated story line, where do you imagine we use transitions between poses/moods. We can expand the system to be using it with jobs but it will look out of place... We can load these animation in any form, like webm, Animation class or image png sequence. It will all work (perfectly), I am just trying to figure out a use case. It's looks amazing, we just need to figure out where/how to use this content in the game.

===>>>
My point is: If you have any doubts about our ability to implement those animations in Ren'Py, they are unfounded. We can load them in a number of ways which will all work perfectly, without any glitches. Question remains: What so we do with them?
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8111 on: August 14, 2016, 06:46:45 PM »
What do you mean by result here? It all looks like it's ready for importing into media encoder.

I meant how do you only use alpha on red channel for the 2nd webm

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8112 on: August 14, 2016, 06:55:13 PM »
Help me out here... we can load these to Ren'Py using my custom Animation class or using images system that come with the engine or creating .webm using AE. That is in no way a problem. There is in fact no problem here at all :)

There is a question
: What do you want us to do with them? I would not mind creating a story for our only real custom (not "cured of greed" I mean) girl, it'll take time and some creativity. Dark already came up with a whole story line for Naruto Chars. That would prolly require story driven content though, not the other way around.

I always assumed that you could run the actual copy of the dev project? Outside of the dedicated story line, where do you imagine we use transitions between poses/moods. We can expand the system to be using it with jobs but it will look out of place... We can load these animation in any form, like webm, Animation class or image png sequence. It will all work (perfectly), I am just trying to figure out a use case. It's looks amazing, we just need to figure out where/how to use this content in the game.

===>>>
My point is: If you have any doubts about our ability to implement those animations in Ren'Py, they are unfounded. We can load them in a number of ways which will all work perfectly, without any glitches. Question remains: What so we do with them?

i can use the dev version of course but got error msg nearly all the time.. and id rather no touch the code if possible.. if you can build me something to load a BG and 1 webm on top i could use that for my tests.. could access it from the left menu where you add your testing stuff.. ( if its not too time consuming to make )

It would be for me to create animated ST training sex/job related actions and if not a fluid animation at least a few frames like most VN have.. ( even if your not sure if you want em there i do and will make em..but could be for my own mod if your not interested.. )

My example was just to test webm and show you possible sitting poses i could use.. ( animated transition was to make the webm more a movie than slideshow ) lol
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:05:13 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8113 on: August 14, 2016, 07:35:54 PM »
Ok, I'll cook up a working webm loading project tomorrow.

I meant how do you only use alpha on red channel for the 2nd webm

Not that I remember offhand, there are still projects that I tested to work perfectly, gonna try uploading that somewhere as well tomorrow too.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8114 on: August 14, 2016, 08:23:08 PM »
Indifferent.. ( or kind of.. hard to guess what would be nice there )

Tired..

nbr2 looks even better for sad lol.. and for the PO looks like default camera isnt good enough i will have to adjust it for each of em so they look good..

Something went wrong with base model template correcting now ( should fix everyone iv made so far.. chr1/2 - Mari - Yui - Alishia )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:20:29 AM by lamoli »