Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821919 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8205 on: August 22, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »
Maybe il try to give her a grown up body as well now she s a bit too chibi and ill use the DOA5 Senran Kagura clothing mod for that

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8206 on: August 22, 2016, 01:35:15 PM »
Death effect is how the target is destroyed, like exploding or disappearing.
Targets disappear with dissolve if dead by default once the spell is over. What's the point of manual dissolve setting?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8207 on: August 22, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »
Maybe il try to give her a grown up body as well now she s a bit too chibi and ill use the DOA5 Senran Kagura clothing mod for that
Yeap, she is a bit too short atm.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8208 on: August 22, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »
Targets disappear with dissolve if dead by default once the spell is over. What's the point of manual dissolve setting?

None what so ever, if the default start timing and duration of the animation suits you, you can delete that whole like of code. There would be no point in it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8209 on: August 23, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »
in a perfect world we would have changed all definitions by now (even some magic is skill defined in the old fashion).
Should I still use P2P_MagicAttack and MagicArrows? Or they are obsolete and should be replaced with SimpleMagicalAttack somehow, or with some currently not existing function that you will add later?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8210 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:17 AM »
Should I still use P2P_MagicAttack and MagicArrows? Or they are obsolete and should be replaced with SimpleMagicalAttack somehow, or with some currently not existing function that you will add later?

What's wrong with them?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8211 on: August 23, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »
From comments:
@Review: There may not be a good reason for this to be a magical attack instead of any attack at all!

There are no other ways to show bow attack, I mean a real bow attack with bow and arrows. But at the same time comment suggests it cannot support non magic attacks.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8212 on: August 23, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »
With a more mature body.. ( looks less like a kid than before )

Also made 2 transfer models to port all the Senran Kagura and all the DOA clothing

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8213 on: August 23, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »
From comments:
There are no other ways to show bow attack, I mean a real bow attack with bow and arrows. But at the same time comment suggests it cannot support non magic attacks.

Yeah... it's not very well thought through. Use this, I can fix it later, prolly the whole isinstance() approach to differentiate magic from attacks is a shitty idea. GUI is much better now so I'll try to mod BE a bit tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8214 on: August 23, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »

Also made 2 transfer models to port all the Senran Kagura and all the DOA clothing

Kinda looks like a hobbit now :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8215 on: August 23, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »
Kinda looks like a hobbit now :D

Turn out to be easier now lol the only part that takes time is adjusting the face.. but with the 5 types iv made so far im always really close to where i should end..
About that im missing Naruto squareish and Bleach V types of faces but will be doing at least 1 of each soon.. as it will make it easyer to model any char face later on if i have all the bases
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:11:38 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8216 on: August 23, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
@Dark:

What do we need BE to do? I forgot while working on the GUI :D

NM, found most of it in history, we need to post those in BE thread when discussing specifics.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:47:30 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8217 on: August 23, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
I think she's still way too short to be accounted as adult. Although, in the game I played which they released in steam some time ago she's a schoolgirl, so it's fine.

@Xela:

1) Support for multielemental attacks, including physic+magic.

2) Item field for non magic skills.

3) Issue with gui, when equipment screen doesn't show which skills will be removed when you unequip items.

4) Weapons have fields like "attacks": ["SwordAttack"]. They mean that with that weapon character should have basic sword attack available. And without weapons with such fields only fists should be available.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8218 on: August 23, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
1) Support for multielemental attacks, including physic+magic.

I have the multielemental option :( Maybe for post-beta? Physic+Magic I'll try to do tonight.

2) Item field for non magic skills.

? We have one, don't we?

3) Issue with gui, when equipment screen doesn't show which skills will be removed when you unequip items.

4) Weapons have fields like "attacks": ["SwordAttack"]. They mean that with that weapon character should have basic sword attack available. And without weapons with such fields only fists should be available.

3) is weird... I'll try to track it down. 4) Prolly yeah, you want it done differently?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8219 on: August 23, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »
I have the multielemental option :( Maybe for post-beta? Physic+Magic I'll try to do tonight.
Well, I figured there is zero difference between physic+magic and N damage sources. But yeah, we at least need physic+magic, with physic part being able to use crit hits.

? We have one, don't we?
For spells only. If used, the field adds even pure weapon skills to spells.

Prolly yeah, you want it done differently?
Err, no. There is no such system as far as I know. But there should be.