devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821240 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8325 on: September 06, 2016, 02:41:35 AM »
I'm afraid poison will need more work  :D
Initial damage looks like ☠:169. But further damage over time uses the old version DMG: 56.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8326 on: September 06, 2016, 03:06:05 AM »
SimpleAttack("Poison",  attributes=['status', 'physical', 'poison'] acts like physical+poison damage without poisoning the target.

BasicPoisonSpell("Poison", attributes=['status', 'physical', 'poison'] acts like a poisoning attack, ie it hits with both damages and then poisons the target for a few turns. That's what I need for stuff like assassin dagger.

The problem is, in gui I need BasicPoisonSpell("Poison", attributes=['status', 'physical', 'poison'] as a weapon skill, not as a spell. You attack with a poisoned dagger, it's not magic.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8327 on: September 06, 2016, 04:45:25 AM »
I'm afraid poison will need more work  :D
Initial damage looks like ☠:169. But further damage over time uses the old version DMG: 56.
I fixed it by changing the line itself, since it's probably a unique case. Unless you want to make it a general method.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8328 on: September 06, 2016, 07:00:22 AM »
I fixed it by changing the line itself, since it's probably a unique case. Unless you want to make it a general method.

It is a general method, it's not used there :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8329 on: September 06, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »
Not quite. PoisonEvent is heavily tied to poison with no way to use another damage source. If I want to add bleeding (I do want at some point  :) ), I'll have to copypaste the whole posion class and edit it in a few places.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8330 on: September 06, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »
Oki, some was fixed with my last push, still on the list is:

- Traits effects
- BE Event effects

and:
- Sort skills by delivery instead of isinstance() checks. This should also make sure that we can use the same skills for attacks and magic.
- Smarter AI Algorithm.
- Infinite recursions prevention.
- You mentioned webm skills get screwed for some reason when used by the enemy team, and wanted to take a look at classes to prevent it.
- And our oldest animation classes, P2P_ArealMagicalAttack and MagicArrows, do not look suitable for the current code due to
        """ ==> @Review: There may not be a good reason for this to be a magical attack instead of any attack at all!
        Point to Point magical strikes without any added effects. This is one step simpler than the MagicArrows attack.
        Used to attacks like FireBall.
        """

After that all that remains is adding actual skills, and possibly fix small issues with too complex animations. And then we are done with BE until the beta release.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8331 on: September 06, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
Not "webm" skills... You are not setting stills that require hflip and possibly even different offsets right... we should have example for everything with "should" being the key word. I'll take a look into that later.

When attack comes in from the left flank, it sometimes needs to get a different offset and be flipped.

==>
Making sure that any attack can take any parameters is already on todo list. Interface and code in a number of places got to be fixed in order to make that work.

==>
Yeap... and the TODO: List...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8332 on: September 06, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
Ok! Did some great work on Shooting Range today! It's getting more and more fun :D

Gonna see if I can take out something from our own TODO list as well before I fall asleep...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8333 on: September 06, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »
Oki, so I've got the traits effects down!

ONE VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE AS COMPARED TO ITEMS!:

Code: [Select]
            # Special BE Fields:
            # self.evasion_bonus = () # Bonuses in traits work differently from item bonuses, a tuple of (min_value, max_value, max_value_level) is expected (as a value in dict below) instead!
            # self.ch_multiplier = 0 # Critical hit multi...
            # self.damage_multiplier = 0

# self.defence_bonus = {} # Delivery! Not damage types!
            # self.defence_multiplier = {}
            # self.delivery_bonus = {} Expects a k/v pair of type: multiplier This is direct bonus added to attack power.
            # self.delivery_multiplier = {}

Everything that ends with a "bonus" expects a tuple, like:

"evasion_bonus": (2, 10, 100)
would mean that ev bonus is at least two at lower levels and 10 at level 100 and above. This might be something you'd want to use with Ninja base trait (if we have such a beast).

"defence_bonus": {"magic": (100, 100, 1)}
would mean a plain 100 points defense against increase vs magic from level one to infinity.

Multipliers are the same, evasion multi is obviously absent because it is exactly the same as bonus... like:

"evasion_bonus": (-2, -2, 1)
is what you mentioned earlier, a body trait that plainly reduces evasion chance by 2 at any possible level.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8334 on: September 06, 2016, 03:17:31 PM »
None of it has been properly tested, that falls onto you :D But if you don't get crash to desktop while adding active values, it should work as intended :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8335 on: September 06, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
Clarify possible defence_bonus and defence_multiplier options. You always use magic as example, can I use specific elements or it's only for delivery types?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8336 on: September 06, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
Clarify possible defence_bonus and defence_multiplier options. You always use magic as example, can I use specific elements or it's only for delivery types?

Only delivery types like status, magic, melee and ranged.

Elements we handle in elemental traits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8337 on: September 06, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »
New Babe Runner logo :D

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8338 on: September 06, 2016, 04:23:04 PM »
And new Nika is a lot prettier:
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8339 on: September 07, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »
For a start I tested all items fields, looks like everything works. At least there are no CTD and numbers clearly become different when the fields are used  :)

You mentioned that instead of
    {
    "id": "Magic Immunity",
    "desc": "No damage from any magic.",
    "resist": ["ice", "water", "fire", "air", "earth", "electricity", "light", "darkness", "healing"]
    },
I could use "resist": ["magic"]. This is not true, the trait stops working.

I tested healing immunity, it doesn't work as intended. If you give it to one of the girls in battle team, both girls become immune to mass healing spells. I'm not really going to use it for characters, but it's probably true for mobs too.
I never tested it properly before, so I dunno if it started to act weirdly after rewrite or not
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:05:05 AM by DarkTl »