Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821237 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8340 on: September 07, 2016, 03:26:26 AM »
    {
    "id": "Poison Immunity",
    "desc": "Cannot be poisoned.",
    "resist": ["poison"]
    },
Works against the initial damage. But the skill still poisons the target, and damage over time works as usual. Same for absorption.
It shouldn't apply the damage over time in the first place.

I also fixed a crash for all absorptions due to the new way of handling damage, when attack/defense in "resist = pow(attack/defense, .5)" was negative for absorbed elements leading to exception.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8341 on: September 07, 2016, 04:05:09 AM »
Everything that ends with a "bonus" expects a tuple, like:

Code: [Select]
"evasion_bonus": (2, 10, 100)
would mean that ev bonus is at least two at lower levels and 10 at level 100 and above.
Ok, so for items +10%=0.1 evasion bonus, but for traits +10%=10 evasion bonus? Make it consistent  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8342 on: September 07, 2016, 05:29:07 AM »

You mentioned that instead ofI could use "resist": ["magic"]. This is not true, the trait stops working.

No... this was before the update, I wrote that this will not work anymore. I'll take a look anyway.

I tested healing immunity, it doesn't work as intended. If you give it to one of the girls in battle team, both girls become immune to mass healing spells. I'm not really going to use it for characters, but it's probably true for mobs too.
I never tested it properly before, so I dunno if it started to act weirdly after rewrite or not

Gonna look into this right now.

Works against the initial damage. But the skill still poisons the target, and damage over time works as usual. Same for absorption.
It shouldn't apply the damage over time in the first place.

I also fixed a crash for all absorptions due to the new way of handling damage, when attack/defense in "resist = pow(attack/defense, .5)" was negative for absorbed elements leading to exception.

This is a bug, weird... I recall trying to prevent it. Gonna grab your changes and take a look as well.

Ok, so for items +10%=0.1 evasion bonus, but for traits +10%=10 evasion bonus? Make it consistent  ::)

I thought it was consistent in a sense that everything that requires floats is called multipliers and everything that calls for ints is called bonuses. Do you want me to change multi to bonus for items as well?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8343 on: September 07, 2016, 05:42:44 AM »
No... this was before the update, I wrote that this will not work anymore. I'll take a look anyway.

This is very easy to add, but we need to be careful because for example magic immunity would also block healing. It's your call, I can make this work like before without a fuss.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8344 on: September 07, 2016, 05:48:08 AM »
Gonna look into this right now.

Dumbass mistake on my part, should be fixed with the next push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8345 on: September 07, 2016, 05:51:02 AM »
I thought it was consistent in a sense that everything that requires floats is called multipliers and everything that calls for ints is called bonuses. Do you want me to change multi to bonus for items as well?
It is consistent in that sense, sure. But why do you use both floats and integers in different places for the very same stat? The only thing it achieves is makes my part harder  :)
I don't care which one it will be, but it should be only one.

This is very easy to add, but we need to be careful because for example magic immunity would also block healing. It's your call, I can make this work like before without a fuss.
I separated healing immunity from magic one to have more control, it's not needed any longer.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8346 on: September 07, 2016, 05:58:22 AM »
This is a bug, weird... I recall trying to prevent it. Gonna grab your changes and take a look as well.

I did try but poorly, should work now with resistance. I am not sure about absorption... I am prolly missing some obvious way of doing this.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8347 on: September 07, 2016, 05:59:49 AM »
It is consistent in that sense, sure. But why do you use both floats and integers in different places for the very same stat? The only thing it achieves is makes my part harder  :)
I don't care which one it will be, but it should be only one.

Ints are better here, I'll update the code and mass rename the fields with my next push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8348 on: September 07, 2016, 06:07:13 AM »
I separated healing immunity from magic one to have more control, it's not needed any longer.

Oki, so we don't add it for now.

I have not renamed any item fields, heavy armor and weapons should prolly come with great evasion penalties too but this items stuff we'll prolly be working on for a looong time to come. Maybe someone will help out after the release...

Everything you mentioned should be fixed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8349 on: September 07, 2016, 06:34:55 AM »
I've killed two BE issues and consolidated everything into one:

https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/issues/168

Gonna go thought the rest of the issues to recall what else needs to be done and take something out from this BE checklist (if time permits).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8350 on: September 07, 2016, 06:36:08 AM »
Everything you mentioned should be fixed.
Yeah, except the poison absorption. I suppose you could rewrite the poison code to make it use poison element which will be absorbed every turn if you cannot simply disable poisoning.

heavy armor and weapons should prolly come with great evasion penalties too but this items stuff we'll prolly be working on for a looong time to come. Maybe someone will help out after the release...
That would require a way to show that an item reduces or increases evasion, otherwise we force people to read items descriptions all the time. I'm not talking about showing numbers, it could be items subclasses like light and heavy which are visible in the gui, or very small icons that indicate how item changes BE values.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8351 on: September 07, 2016, 06:51:53 AM »
Yeah, except the poison absorption. I suppose you could rewrite the poison code to make it use poison element which will be absorbed every turn if you cannot simply disable poisoning.

Right, I'll take a look now, try to figure out what's best.

That would require a way to show that an item reduces or increases evasion, otherwise we force people to read items descriptions all the time. I'm not talking about showing numbers, it could be items subclasses like light and heavy which are visible in the gui, or very small icons that indicate how item changes BE values.

I love when that happens, some hidden item effects that you'd expect and may or may not be hinted towards in the description! :)

=======>>>
I've killed some old Issues, consolidated a few others, still looking at them...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8352 on: September 07, 2016, 06:57:21 AM »
I love when that happens, some hidden item effects that you'd expect and may or may not be hinted towards in the description! :)
You propose almost every item to change evasion. At this point it's no longer a hidden effect, it's a routine mechanics.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8353 on: September 07, 2016, 07:25:12 AM »
The good news is physical "element" works as intended, now we'll have some decent high level undeads which cannot be easily or at all damaged by normal weapons  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8354 on: September 07, 2016, 07:49:47 AM »
Xela, you destroyed items evasion just now  :D
                        # Items bonuses:
                        temp = 0
                        for i in t.eq_items():
                            if hasattr(i, "evasion_bonus"):
                                m += i.evasion_bonus
                        ev += temp