Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821822 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8445 on: September 13, 2016, 11:41:23 AM »
After my last push there are Weapon Dance and Weapon Dance Multi skills. The latter one looks very weird no matter how I change numbers.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8446 on: September 13, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »
After my last push there are Weapon Dance and Weapon Dance Multi skills. The latter one looks very weird no matter how I change numbers.

I'll take a look, working on the range right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8447 on: September 13, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »

This is a very weird issue, I can't even run the animation once properly through multi strike class. Gonna investigate but if it doesn't work, my belief that webm would behave the same as other displayable may be false :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8448 on: September 13, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »
Well... failure :(

I spent three and a half hours trying to figure out what's going on and why. I simply do not understand it. WEBM support is far more limited when trying to chain it, what I don't understand is why. It most likely is due to its "flow" being controlled using sound channels instead of the usual Displayable timer and some form of desynchronisation takes place.

===>>
I might be worth looking into writing our own UDD class somehow. I did manage to improve the attack, it actually doesn't look bad at all but it's nowhere near what it should be like (I've tried about everything I could think off and plainly not every frame of the movie is being played, even if only one movie is played by the class, that sh1t is particularly weird... there may be a simpler solution than trying to rewrite Movie class but I don't know what it is (yet)).

Edit (at almost 4 AM):
Nope... there is no "writing" our own UDD, syncing is too heavily integrated with sound channels :( There may be some form of workaround but I doubt it.

Our best chance for chaining WEBM is our ATL Attack class and custom scenarios for each animation. WEBM also would have to be in infinite loop for this one. It's far from perfect solution and it may be time consuming to write but there is no other option for chaining them in perfect sync :( Or, if it looks ok, multi attack class may still offer something on case per case basis...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:40:08 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8449 on: September 14, 2016, 12:45:10 AM »
The idea is to loop both webm and sound and play them twice to make the attack longer. Looping webm and showing it via normal function works fine as far as I know, I tried it once. So only looping sound remains.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8450 on: September 14, 2016, 05:29:39 AM »
I played a bit vs mobs. They actively use powerful attacks, run out of mp/vitality and start spamming normal attacks. It's boring.
I think they should have minor vitality and mp regeneration, maybe 5-10 per turn.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:45:29 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8451 on: September 14, 2016, 05:54:35 AM »
I played a bit vs mobs. They actively use powerful attacks, run out of mp/vitality and start spamming normal attacks. It's boring.
I think they should have minor vitality and mp regeneration, maybe 5-10 per turn.

I'll look into it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8452 on: September 14, 2016, 07:27:18 AM »
The idea is to loop both webm and sound and play them twice to make the attack longer. Looping webm and showing it via normal function works fine as far as I know, I tried it once. So only looping sound remains.

Yes it does but sound files need to be synced manually in software like audacity. I've added the ability to loop sounds and an example:

Code: [Select]
"sfx": ["content/sfx/sound/be/multi.mp3"]*2, "loop_sfx": True
You can also use different sounds, this is the same as entering that file name twice. In either case, I liked the "broken" version better :D

PS: One trick to make sure webm animation don't overshoot or end too early is setting the amount of loops when you define them instead of endless loop as I have.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8453 on: September 14, 2016, 08:11:54 AM »
Either this, or waiting option should restore 5-10 vitality and mp for enemies and be used by AI often enough.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8454 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
Either this, or waiting option should restore 5-10 vitality and mp for enemies and be used by AI often enough.

Vitality is already restored for everybody but yeah... I'll handle this one when improving AI.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8455 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »
The difference is, it should be more powerful for enemies than for player team. Because we most likely will have some kind of items inside BE.

Perhaps the best bet is to introduce BE-only stats that provide regeneration for hp, mp or vitality per turn, give those stats via traits to mobs, and (optional) weaker versions via items to player team.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:58:26 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8456 on: September 14, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
The difference is, it should be more powerful for enemies than for player team. Because we most likely will have some kind of items inside BE.

Perhaps the best bet is to introduce BE-only stats that provide regeneration for hp, mp or vitality per turn, give those stats via traits to mobs, and (optional) weaker versions via items to player team.

Nah, very high rate of regen on skipping is fine, maybe full restoration even... we'll see.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8457 on: September 14, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »
The death effect from the youtube video will be perfect for Moon Slice attack from the last push, if you still have the code.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8458 on: September 14, 2016, 01:42:36 PM »
The death effect from the youtube video will be perfect for Moon Slice attack from the last push, if you still have the code.

No, I've deleted it long time ago.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8459 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »
I don't think I'll need something else coded for BE until the beta. All that remains is to tie a dozen webms to attacks and then attacks to weapons.

You, however, wanted to code a function for magic shield of some kind instead of the resistance stat.