Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821656 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8775 on: October 31, 2016, 07:15:53 AM »
Good news indeed! Great news would be when we have a couple of unique random girls :) It's awesome that we can share rendering workload, I'll look into setting up the needed software as soon as you have the instructions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8776 on: October 31, 2016, 09:40:45 AM »
Rendering is a great way to create items icons (we already have a few unique icons made by lamoli) and decent scenes for ST, that's for sure. That alone worth the trouble to learn it, at very least once beta systems will be done.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8777 on: October 31, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »
Auto-webms are ready.

Pattern is: /"tag loops channel"/

tag must always be present, loops will default to 1 and inf should be used for infinite looping (original Ren'Py class). Channel defaults to main gfx as we discussed. If you specify the channel, you must also specify amount of loops you want or it'll crash.

I tested it just with one option, seems to be working.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8778 on: October 31, 2016, 02:49:07 PM »
Coin is still too flashy... I liked the old one better.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8779 on: October 31, 2016, 03:13:23 PM »
It's the old coin, just without the symbol and with x2.5 higher rotating speed, because there are not enough frames to look good enough with low speed, so it looked twitching before. In terms of gui it will be wise to make it darker to match the gold number next to it, but the old coin wasn't dark enough to begin with.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8780 on: November 01, 2016, 07:58:16 AM »
we'll need to come up with proper names at some point, for once, you enter a menu called "attacks" and almost every options ends with "Attack"... it's about the same as adding "Spell" after every magical skill. Also some of the names are too long, menu names should be used to create abbreviations of some kinds.
Done, I'll push it a but later.

There are two things remained for me, finishing beach stuff and restore and improve the tavern.
After that there is not much I can do with the current code base to make the release closer.

We need SE and jobs events to continue.
By job events I mean stuff like in WM/WM EX, when a certain trait or effect with a certain probability affects the current job during the next day phase, running a small text event which makes the job easier or harder. While I can write such events right in the jobs code, they won't really affect the job outcome because I don't see the job outcome there, in classes-jobs.rpy. Only some skill checks which affect only text.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8781 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:30 PM »
You can do a lot in this area: https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/issues/2

I wrote a whole mess of logic where you can use 4 different labels that the game will autocall. You can reuse them, create new once and etc. Options here are limitless and very interesting, not to mention, potentially the most important towards gameplay.

I'll be very busy for the next two weeks, but there will be still be some dev time so I may be able to wrap up base SE. We should also discuss how we see jobs, tiers and balancing for the beta.

Someone opened a Pull request in the github, I'll go over it tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8782 on: November 01, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
Someone opened a Pull request in the github, I'll go over it tonight.

@Dark:

Diff my testing.rpy vs yours (or just grab mine), adverts were moved to JSON so you'll crash after next pull.

There are some good bugfixes which we (mostly) didn't see because we never run the game without a building or hired chars + some gui fixes (some are still using Gismos styles so those are not future safe) + overexcessive code safety measures + new monstrous python module that matches JSON files to predetermined data patterns. There is also a good fix that adds extra information to SimPy error reports.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8783 on: November 02, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »
You can do a lot in this area: https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/issues/2
In terms of logic maybe. Making a starting screen where you pick options for MC before the game begins is a different story.

Also, he could use effects which affect all characters under his command. That's something we don't have in the code, we only check characters own effects.

For example, there could be effect which restores 1 vitality per day for MC. And there could be a different effect which does it for all characters. Since they are different, I cannot just check if hero.effect.['active'].
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:49:23 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8784 on: November 02, 2016, 12:00:27 PM »
It's weird because I was sure that we've fixed it.
Found it, you removed the fix for some reason 3 months ago during stats rewriting...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8785 on: November 02, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »
In terms of logic maybe. Making a starting screen where you pick options for MC before the game begins is a different story.

Also, he could use effects which affect all characters under his command. That's something we don't have in the code, we only check characters own effects.

For example, there could be effect which restores 1 vitality per day for MC. And there could be a different effect which does it for all characters. Since they are different, I cannot just check if hero.effect.['active'].

Screen and effects can come later. Logic/design needs to happen first, we'll have a lot of effects. MC needs trait setups, stats, bonus items, starting money, maybe even short stories, it can all be done now and I can fill in the blanks in GUI and code (not having the time to take out major crap at the moment).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8786 on: November 02, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »
Found it, you removed the fix for some reason 3 months ago during stats rewriting...

And I've fixed this! :D Two days ago: https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/commit/b970050530ed24329e4fa321510946f1e95710ce
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8787 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:48 PM »
Yeah, it's true for setups themselves.

But MC has less stats, cannot have personality, race or body type. In order to have many traits there should be effects that affect characters. Otherwise there is not much for traits to change.

And I've fixed this! :D Two days ago: https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/commit/b970050530ed24329e4fa321510946f1e95710ce
Nope. I dunno what it fixes, but definitely not red text at the equipment screen. I restored your old fix a hour ago, and it really fixes it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8788 on: November 02, 2016, 01:46:06 PM »
I need help with timed progress bar in the last push. I made it based on this example, and yet it doesn't work like it supposed to  ::)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:56:56 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8789 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »
But MC has less stats, cannot have personality, race or body type. In order to have many traits there should be effects that affect characters. Otherwise there is not much for traits to change.

I am not 100% sure about no personality anymore but ok, lets roll with no personality... Race he can have. Body type prolly as well, it could be bound to the image somehow, but not for beta. Traits are f*cking important for MC because it will determine how you're going to use him. Effects we need but those can come later, lets say you add a super, buper Casanova Base trait that doubles all disposition bonuses and halves all disposition penalties, we can always add the effect at later times as long as there is a TODO list for the MC setups, we need content and ideas first!

Nope. I dunno what it fixes, but definitely not red text at the equipment screen. I restored your old fix a hour ago, and it really fixes it.

It fixes the stats going red... remove your variable and check it yourself. Or don't waste your time... two fixes is better than one :)
Like what we're doing?