Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821776 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8940 on: November 15, 2016, 06:41:00 AM »
Hey,

Just to say iv made major improvements on clothing extraction to use em as layer 1 click no errors as before even on the AA level... and it works with body-parts as-well.. like boobs size for example.. (body-parts arent perfected yet bu will improve results soon)

Layer those and check result.. ( im really happy so far as i just press the render button and everything is automated for the extraction)

And here body types with training degree pose (not rendered)

Well i made those for JoNt2 but who knows if you need em later on..

I would say.. unless its full 3D like the latest Illusion game.. better skip customization ( i got the rig working with auto correcting joints and morphs to shape everything the way i want it but it will be nearly impossible to 2D render all those reshaping morphs and make them work unless your ok having thousands of images only for that... and there will be no animation with customization lol )
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:11:25 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8941 on: November 15, 2016, 07:00:03 AM »
Btw i wanted to pull from repo to see whats new but now there is 2 branch (Master and Femtobyte) who got the latest things ?

arf as usual i cant make it work lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:28:11 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8942 on: November 15, 2016, 07:38:35 AM »
Btw i wanted to pull from repo to see whats new but now there is 2 branch (Master and Femtobyte) who got the latest things ?

Master is the latest.

"JoNt2"?

Are you still planning to put a rgirl pack together?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8943 on: November 15, 2016, 07:40:16 AM »
Speaking of consumables, don't forget that  ideally cblock field should work in SE too.

Code is not there yet, I barely have time for main loop atm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8944 on: November 15, 2016, 08:04:03 AM »
"JoNt2"?
Jack o nine Tails 2 ( clone project in python )

Are you still planning to put a rgirl pack together?

Of course.. those where part of the new rig/pose/render system im perfecting atm and part of what i needed ( with the exception of body-parts )

I now need to improve clothing collision/elasticity in blender somehow to truly fix any clothing adjustments that migh be required (making auto correction morphs for clothing could also be an option but will make the process of creation new clothing a pain so i try to avoid it)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8945 on: November 15, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
Jack o nine Tails 2 ( clone project in python )

I usually keep tabs on these things... do they have a forum? What engine will they use?

I wrote a very cool class for Ren'Py that can load layers directly from filenames, it's an overkill for something that simple but if it ever gets more complex, we could use it in PyTFall as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8946 on: November 15, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »
You didn't know? Here they are.
I wonder how different their engine, godot, from renpy, there is not much info about the differences.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8947 on: November 15, 2016, 11:50:57 AM »
You didn't know? Here they are.

I see.

I wonder how different their engine, godot, from renpy, there is not much info about the differences.

Very different, it's closer to Unity in it's concept and has nothing to do with Python or Ren'Py.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8948 on: November 15, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
There is a nasty zero division error in the be somewhere... it'll take a while to track down.

Found it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:30:27 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #8949 on: November 15, 2016, 05:23:03 PM »
Ahh ok he said it used python.. but never checked it out as i was making improvements on my character creation templates..
on another note i found probably the best software to make clothes and its simple to use.. (Marvelous designer) might be worthy to spend some time using it as what i need the most now is clothing and hair

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8950 on: November 17, 2016, 11:49:31 AM »
If item has both ctemp and addeffects fields, will ctemp affect addeffects?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8951 on: November 17, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
If item has both ctemp and addeffects fields, will ctemp affect addeffects?

Most likely, yes... don't over-complicate things, all systems are overloaded with logic as it is.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8952 on: November 17, 2016, 12:37:24 PM »
I'm not asking to add something. I need to know how it works to make items. Because items code is so complicated, I cannot check it directly. And testing might not give valid results because it's been a while since it was written, so it might not work as intended after so many pushes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8953 on: November 17, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »
I'm not asking to add something. I need to know how it works to make items. Because items code is so complicated, I cannot check it directly. And testing might not give valid results because it's been a while since it was written, so it might not work as intended after so many pushes.

It should just work, it only adds a downcounter, all usual logic should still apply. I am not 100% sure if it will auto disable effect after x days but I can check.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8954 on: November 18, 2016, 08:24:50 AM »
I am not 100% sure if it will auto disable effect after x days but I can check.
That's kinda very important. If I add effect, I should know if it's permanent or not.
Besides, some effects disappear by itself. If I add such effect to ctemp item, and it will disappear sooner than ctemp ends, I need to be sure it won't cause ctd.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:27:13 AM by DarkTl »