Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821623 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8985 on: November 21, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »
You don't need to cover every combination... it's like in Babe Runner, our artist drew like 19 separate images for facial expressions and I wrote the code for combining them. Turned into like 500 unique expressions. It's fun as hell but not usable in practice.

Pick the once you find the most interesting!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8986 on: November 23, 2016, 06:01:52 AM »
We prolly want to combine SE's Exploration and Logs screens and set "mods" like for stats/skills in chars profile screen. Right now the screens feel kinda "forced" and empty. In either case, I'll try to wrap up simple designs, fix most basic bugz and push a simple version of SE for testing/reviewing tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8987 on: November 23, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
You don't need to cover every combination... it's like in Babe Runner, our artist drew like 19 separate images for facial expressions and I wrote the code for combining them. Turned into like 500 unique expressions. It's fun as hell but not usable in practice.
No, there are not too many combinations. On the contrary, there are not enough magic classes to make as many pure mage setups as fighters classes have.
There could be separation into damager class and support class. But at this state we have only a few support spells, it's not nearly enough compared to the amount of damaging spells.
Even worse, support spells require more than just another animation from After Effects, they need unique coding from you most of the time, I mean stuff like magic shield or resurrection.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8988 on: November 23, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »
We'll add more as we develop. Beta doesn't have to include everything. Base screens for SE are ready, without any advanced logic yet but everything seems to be working. I am going to kill the most annoying logical bugs and crap I used for testing and push v.01 of the new SE :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8989 on: November 23, 2016, 10:27:28 AM »
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"] = OrderedDict(Arcane Knight="content/gfx/interface/images/mc/arc.png") doesn't work.
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"] = OrderedDict("Arcane Knight"="content/gfx/interface/images/mc/arc.png") doesn't work too.

I need it to have two words.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8990 on: November 23, 2016, 11:20:46 AM »
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"] = OrderedDict(Arcane Knight="content/gfx/interface/images/mc/arc.png") doesn't work.
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"] = OrderedDict("Arcane Knight"="content/gfx/interface/images/mc/arc.png") doesn't work too.

I need it to have two words.

Proper:

Code: [Select]
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"] = OrderedDict()
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"]["Arcane Knight"] = "content/gfx/interface/images/mc/arc.png"

Ok as well if you need to instantiate just with one entry:

Code: [Select]
mc_stories["Mage"]["choices"] = OrderedDict({"Arcane Knight": "content/gfx/interface/images/mc/arc.png"})
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8991 on: November 23, 2016, 01:42:53 PM »
Just pushed early version of FG :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8992 on: November 23, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »
I don't see any traces of FG. Or, rather, there were more traces of it before your push, now I don't see anything related to it  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8993 on: November 23, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
I don't see any traces of FG. Or, rather, there were more traces of it before your push, now I don't see anything related to it  :D

You need to add it to your testing file or grab mine. It was never supposed to have it's own button on main screen. It's a business just like any other business.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8994 on: November 23, 2016, 03:11:20 PM »
Yeah, the game tells it sends a team to exploration with your current testing file. And I see 3 new random characters called Test Fighter in the girl list, which are located in TestBuilding and do nothing. That's it.

Btw how are we supposed to pick location for explorations without exploration screen?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8995 on: November 23, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »
Yeah, the game tells it sends a team to exploration with your current testing file. And I see 3 new random characters called Test Fighter in the girl list, which are located in TestBuilding and do nothing. That's it.

Btw how are we supposed to pick location for explorations without exploration screen?

Didn't you help me test the guild interface? It's been there for a couple of month. You click buildings ==> details under Exploration Guild ==> Team setup under Team ==> Send team under explore (fixed time exploration runs atm) ==> Pick the area under logs once the teams get back to see what reports there will look like.

Nothing is completely finished yet but it's a start.

I forgot about the team, you can comment it out somewhere closer to the end of file, it's a unconditioned test setup.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8996 on: November 23, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
It's been there for a couple of month. You click buildings ==> details under Exploration Guild
Atm there is nothing but TestBuilding at the Building screen. I can't see the guild anywhere.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8997 on: November 23, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »
Atm there is nothing but TestBuilding at the Building screen. I can't see the guild anywhere.

https://youtu.be/11Y5Mv5aIUE
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8998 on: November 23, 2016, 10:36:33 PM »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8999 on: November 24, 2016, 02:32:33 AM »
How can this even be possible? Delete all .rpyc manually?
Like what we're doing?