Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821684 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9000 on: November 24, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »
Yeap. Force recompile didn't helped this time, deleting helped.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9001 on: November 24, 2016, 05:18:24 AM »
Yeap. Force recompile didn't helped this time, deleting helped.

That does seem to happen every so often when code is moved or files are deleted. Old byte code gets compiled as well, I just don't understand why it doesn't cause more issues than business not showing up.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9002 on: November 24, 2016, 09:07:59 AM »
Ok, let's see...
- InSlots and ExtSlots are absolutely counterintuitive, I can't even begin to guess what are they.
- Items and enemies probably should be hidden until have been found at least once. Maybe not enemies, but definitely items.
- Drag and Drop at the team screen is not complete. Once you dropped a character to the team frame, you cannot drop another character instead if you changed your mind, AND you cannot drag and drop the selected character out of the team frame to free the slot. Due to such inconstancy d&d is not as useful as it could be.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9003 on: November 24, 2016, 09:36:53 AM »
- InSlots and ExtSlots are absolutely counterintuitive, I can't even begin to guess what are they.

Interior and Exterior space in the building to place businesses/upgrades for them.

- Items and enemies probably should be hidden until have been found at least once. Maybe not enemies, but definitely items.

Both will be, I am showing all of them because I need to test GUI (which tends to break a lot lately between renpy versions cause they are trying to make it smarter (with great degree of success)).

- Drag and Drop at the team screen is not complete. Once you dropped a character to the team frame, you cannot drop another character instead if you changed your mind, AND you cannot drag and drop the selected character out of the team frame to free the slot. Due to such inconstancy d&d is not as useful as it could be.

You can remove them through pop-up menu (move back to the common pool). Not sure that dragging them back is a good idea in general cause it may require more logic, but i'll check it tomorrow. The idea behind drag and drop is that you can shove them into a correct team quickly and intuitively. Shoving from team to team or back into the main pool will (most likely) require annoying code and possibly a full rewrite of that part of interface into python which I do not consider an option for beta. If a simple way of doing it becomes apparent, we'll throw it in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9004 on: November 24, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
I can't find a way to rename teams.

i don't understand why gui became messed up when we did nothing to that screen. The size is still 330 everywhere, yet the left frame is thinner now, which results in circle frame looking too big (in fact it's the only thing which still has correct size).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:29:55 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9005 on: November 24, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »
I can't find a way to rename teams.

i don't understand why gui became messed up when we did nothing to that screen. The size is still 330 everywhere, yet the left frame is thinner now, which results in circle frame looking too big (in fact it's the only thing which still has correct size).

Maybe i haven't added naming the team yet...

Ren'Py calculates displayable boundaries completely differently now. We'll fix gui before releasing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9006 on: November 25, 2016, 09:51:06 AM »
Im now using a program to calculate clothing physics/collision so i would never have to tweak it again before render.. but there is a down side.. now the clothing item is by character type.. if body size change i need to make adjustments on clothing like in real life but on the good side the clothing will act and move like the real stuff..

Im currently rendering a small video at 6 fps so you see more clearly what happens and will link it once its done ( no scene settings a basic camera and 2 light its just to show clothing nothing else )

Also i didnd add textures or special volumes to the clothing ( its as flat as paper now.. if movement is alright.. ill improve its looks )
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:55:46 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9007 on: November 25, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
Here it is..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0bx9t5jsh0thba/schooluni0090-0181.avi?dl=0

Choosing something too close to pure white was a wrong move as you cant see the details of the clothing.. and also i used pose from template ( might need to adjust it for every clothing type as the hands collide skirt lol ) but id say getting those clothes moving like this is nice.. now i need to find something for the hair who are static atm ( i could rig/pose em or make hard physics hair like the mmd but i search for something better if there is else it will take long to get lots of hair styles )

Also looks like the pose importer didnt bring facial expressions >.<
(now i wish i was better with python to improve this scrip for blender)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:23:56 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9008 on: November 25, 2016, 12:56:52 PM »
Well, it looks good, but the lack of facial expressions is a problem.
Also, it is useful for animations, but this limitation ("if body size change i need to make adjustments on clothing like in real life") on the contrary complicates pictures creation. After all, you cannot use animated pics everywhere, at very least portraits and profile pictures don't need animations. Or, rather, they could be animated too, but it would require insane amount of rendering to be done properly.

Xela, how about adding an experience field to mobs which determines base exp reward for killing the mob inside SE/arena? The resulting exp could be something like base exp + mob level*5.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9009 on: November 25, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »
Xela, how about adding an experience field to mobs which determines base exp reward for killing the mob inside SE/arena? The resulting exp could be something like base exp + mob level*5.

That would be too much + we can prolly move towards the dnd experience bonuses at least for combat (I don't remember how it works but I do recall that properly leveled mobs and chars is what was required).

We need to think about jsons in general here... old jsons carry a lot of good data but it's prolly not enough for simpy design to which we'll be adding more logic soon. I am kinda stuck at how far to push it for beta atm...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9010 on: November 25, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »
Also looks like the pose importer didnt bring facial expressions >.<
(now i wish i was better with python to improve this scrip for blender)

You still didn't write any guides for rendering, I can help out with python code if needs be but I need at the very least a test setup.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9011 on: November 25, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »
Original pose file had expression and it should have changed while she change pose.. but the pose importer script didnt import it and only noticed it when it was done.. so i could say all is good but the hair..

As for the body type limitation its allright as i already planned 3 body size like (loli/young/mature) as for boobs size its a simple change on the clothing pattern.. so yeah like in real life everything is sewed now lol ( this sailor outfit took me 1 day ) but i still lacks knowledge on how to do more complicated stuff so i need to make other more complicated clothing to improve my skills making them

The good thing doing so is if we keep 3 body types changes are simple and the process of creating the clothing is like night and day when you compare ( millions of vertex pulling VS cutting piece of clothing and sewing it in 3d ) not to mention the working clothing physics..

Other problem im face with now is i need patterns ( how is most of the everyday clothing drafted... ) i managed to make a few of those but yet to find how to make a bra lol

As for the how to do so.. im still working on the thing..

1 Making a Named or Random girl ( so far character creation works fine, will need more skills if you want to look like someone known )
2 Posing the girl for profile or scene ( got a few self made poses and managed to get the auto correcting the joints when posing as well )
3 Clothing for girls ( clothing problem i had are more or less resolved but need more experience to make more of those)
4 finding a system to move the hair ( atm its a rigid model you can pull vertex with but need either a normal rig or mmd solid physic rig or better something like for the clothing )

Poses comes with facial expression..
(in the past i used a system that morphed clothing with girl shape and it was nice but had its down side as you might have to pull lots of vertex to fix problems)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:33:21 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9012 on: November 26, 2016, 01:42:18 PM »
Team can now be renamed:

I am not going to calculate and adjust text size for every option, player should pick names that fit the design. Like KUKUMAMATATA breaks it while Kukuma Matata gits the frame and is aligned all pretty to .5 :) Button will obviously remain functional if text goes out of bounds. We do not check for name repetitions, that should not break anything cause we're passing objects around but it can get confusing when reading reports.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9013 on: November 26, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »

I've looked into it. It may not just be too annoying of a logic to write for Beta but the same prolly counts for final release as well. It's possible but the merit of such feature does not justify the time it'll require to write the required code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9014 on: November 26, 2016, 03:27:17 PM »
In this case we'll need means to clear the whole team instantly - instead of clicking on every character manually.

When you use equip and profile options, they sometimes (pretty often) become red.