devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821691 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9180 on: December 19, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »
so unless the character has a status change, this cannot be an issue.
Enslaving will wait until dungeon, but freeing someone (after paying a certain sum) will be in the next release.

What is not yet implemented is the checks for discarding and selling items. Where should these checks occur?
Ideally, we should try to prevent cases when at 200 turn everyone has 50+ items in inventory. Especially multiple copies of the same item. It's fine to keep 5-10 potions, but not 50.
For example, if character has 10 items with "dress" type and "body" slot, it might be wise to use auto equipment algorithm and then sell 1-2 dresses with the smallest "weight".

There is a small catch though: Xela implemented a system when you can give an item to a free character, and she may agree to take it and then even equip/use it (or disagree, of course). But at the same time you can take this item anytime, because it was yours in the first place.

So such items should not be sold, or considered to be duplicates in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:42:22 AM by DarkTl »

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9181 on: December 19, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »
if character has 10 items with "dress" type and "body" slot, it might be wise to use auto equipment algorithm and then sell 1-2 dresses with the smallest "weight".

There is a small catch though: Xela implemented a system when you can give an item to a free character, and she may agree to take it and then even equip/use it (or disagree, of course). But at the same time you can take this item anytime, because it was yours in the first place.

So such items should not be sold, or considered to be duplicates in the first place.

I'm not sure whether I'm willing to venture into this mess. With this setup, for every item operation, you have to do list checks, a lot of work. Why not just say, if you've given the item, in particular to a free person, all bets are off?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9182 on: December 19, 2016, 01:10:20 PM »
Fine by me. However, slaves definitely shouldn't sell any items.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9183 on: December 19, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »
I pushed the changes in the main branch, so you can see the results for yourself.
Your system allows creation of infinite copies of equipable items. Once you saved presets, you can take items from the character and they still will work, creating items in her inventory out of nowhere.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9184 on: December 19, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
yes there's more to do, also badtraits(?) and can_equip(item, char), I think these need to be checked again. I guess that's it?

Also what if any one fails, we still try to equip the rest, or just forget about it?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:49:05 PM by picobyte »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9185 on: December 19, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
Yes, I think bad traits and can_equip cover all possibilities.

Either the game still should try to equip the rest (after removing from the preset those items that didn't passed the checks) or give a message to explain what's wrong with the preset, otherwise it might be confusing for players when preset just stops working.
The first option seems more elegant, but the second is fine too.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9186 on: December 19, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Yes, chose for the first option. I think this should prevent duplication or wrong equipment.

(⌐■_■)

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9187 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:15 PM »
Ideally, we should try to prevent cases when at 200 turn everyone has 50+ items in inventory. Especially multiple copies of the same item. It's fine to keep 5-10 potions, but not 50.
For example, if character has 10 items with "dress" type and "body" slot, it might be wise to use auto equipment algorithm and then sell 1-2 dresses with the smallest "weight".

I was thinking a bit about this. I think the auto_equip could receive another arg, dict slot_max_for_discard, and after weighing all items cap each per slot with the values therein. Currently the weighing depends on the given target_stats and skills, though. The selection will be dependent on this. Also item.eqchance will be a very strong factor.

The given items are in given_items, lookup by item.id, maybe this is doable. Split the auto_equip function in two. where weigh_inventory(), is called both by auto_equip() and by cap_inventory().

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9188 on: December 20, 2016, 05:32:04 AM »
Other than kiss games who have lots of event bg.. do you know other games where i could inspire me to make my 3D version of those ?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9189 on: December 20, 2016, 06:27:07 AM »
Other than kiss games who have lots of event bg.. do you know other games where i could inspire me to make my 3D version of those ?

A lot of ren'py games have nice backgrounds. I use rpatool to extract them from the rpa files, which may contain them.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9190 on: December 20, 2016, 06:36:33 AM »
True, lately I often take resources from various renpy games. You usually want games released in steam - being commercial, they often have higher art quality, and yet almost always you can open them via rpatool.

Also g.e-hentai.org has a huge library of pics from various games, including backgrounds.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9191 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:22 PM »
FYI: There are several things wrong with the way I implemented auto_equip, I am still working on it.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9192 on: December 21, 2016, 05:04:30 AM »
Well not BG but event BG... like..

Like me they have the base BG then add the girl(s) then a layer on top to merge the 2 better

Those are the parts i need to make in 3D to give my girls a scene BG

Sometimes there is even day and night with their proper on top layer to give the right effect

Edit:
Still hard to find the right ones. like for example nbr 4 BG on example 2 doenst fit with what i think of what pytfall should have lol ( wrong bed-frame style but interior art style could be alright i guess )
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:26:35 AM by lamoli »

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9193 on: December 21, 2016, 06:58:02 AM »
google searches with some hits:
"anime bedroom background"
"unmade bed"
"drawing bed sheets"
"anime curtains bedroom bed"

some random hits:

0 1 2 3

4 I like the NSFW videogame, but for other games a lot of the 3D rendered scenes look a bit dull in my op.

pixel art, not sure if appropriate 5 6

or for inspiration maybe look at regular bedroom sites:
orbitron

jack-o-nine-tails has some nice bedrooms in content/pic/bg/interiors
henthighschool hase some in Schools/NormalSchool/Locations/*/Bedroom
also very nice scenes in BlossomingLoveDemo in my opinion the backgrounds are much nicer than the characters

some nice ones here as well, including these

http://epicwallcz.blogspot.nl/

http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/bedroom_anime_art-t2.jpg

.. well probably pretty of topic. but nice anyway.

HTH
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:35:09 PM by picobyte »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9194 on: December 21, 2016, 08:05:15 AM »
Omg i played Jack but never noticed there where so many good interiors lol
Those will help a lot..

What would be missing it the accommodation lvl from really poor to well furnished.. i mean i need more than 1 (like the slum house of jack at the start)
Ohh no he changed those interior pics as the game evolved lol no more really poor accommodations now
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:13:51 AM by lamoli »