devolution

Author Topic: Girl Flags?  (Read 5334 times)

Offline killjoy57us

Girl Flags?
« on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:53 PM »
First post, newbie. Love the game by the way.

Couldn't find it anywhere (doesn't mean it wasn't there), but could someone explain to me what the Girl Flags are in the script editor? It would be nifty if someone could point me to a list of what they do, as the script editor refers to them by number and value.

EDIT: I found a post where necno does talk about these being empty fields for use in scripting - therefore, I'm an idiot. Apologies, and stilll looking forward to tweaking Lua scripts.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:58:10 PM by killjoy57us »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Girl Flags?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »
I'm not sure, to be honest, but  the script editor is 98% obsolete. There's a lua scripting engine in the game, so if you fancy trying your hand at a few scripts, that's the way to go.

There's decent (if slightly incomplete) documentation in the manual thread

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »
Thanks Doc.

I am chasing down Lua scripting, but if there's anyone out there who definitively has an answer as to the existing functionality of these Girl Flags in the Script Editor, I am still interested in knowing. I would just hate to miss anything potentially interesting or useful when modding a game.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »
necno's your man, then. I dived pretty deep into the cGameScript code, but I never did get those flags straight in my head.

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Hey Doc....

Do you have a DefaultDungeonInteract Script in Lua? That would be a fan-frikkin-tastic place for me to start, since that's kinda what I'm trying to screw with.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »
I don't - mainly because it's madly complicated, and I can't get a text version to work against.

I'll give it a shot sometime this week. It's going to need to be done sooner or later. It'll give me a reason to finish up the wm.sex function as well.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »
I don't - mainly because it's madly complicated, and I can't get a text version to work against.

I'll give it a shot sometime this week. It's going to need to be done sooner or later. It'll give me a reason to finish up the wm.sex function as well.

It's funny, but this was what I was taking a stab at working on with the old scripting system, and subsequently gave up on when I found out you where working on LUA a few months back.

@Killjoy. Welcome to the board. Hope to see what you bang out script wise in the future  ;D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline killjoy57us

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
I edited the post above; I found where necno mentions the flags being empty fields for use in scripting. But as long as this thread is here, I might as well say what I was doing...

It occurred to me, for realism's sake, that there are a number of things one might like to do in the dungeon. Obviously, I still have to wait to be able to script traits, but in the meantime I'm working up a modified DefaultDungeonInteract script that basically allows me to throw a girl to the goons or the beasts, with the outcome being varied. I didn't let it alter the game mechanics (at least, not stats or skills) but it was basically a hyperadvanced method of torture that was much more likely (or optionally guaranteed) to result in the subjects death.

I'm still working out the kinks (heh heh) and I'm not sure if it would be useful to the final product. Maybe I'm just sick. But its my dungeon, dammit.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »
sounds good to me :)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 01:51:59 AM »
I edited the post above; I found where necno mentions the flags being empty fields for use in scripting. But as long as this thread is here, I might as well say what I was doing...

It occurred to me, for realism's sake, that there are a number of things one might like to do in the dungeon. Obviously, I still have to wait to be able to script traits, but in the meantime I'm working up a modified DefaultDungeonInteract script that basically allows me to throw a girl to the goons or the beasts, with the outcome being varied. I didn't let it alter the game mechanics (at least, not stats or skills) but it was basically a hyperadvanced method of torture that was much more likely (or optionally guaranteed) to result in the subjects death.

I'm still working out the kinks (heh heh) and I'm not sure if it would be useful to the final product. Maybe I'm just sick. But its my dungeon, dammit.

That... sounds pretty damn awesome to me. I hope you can get it to work when the scripting gets more filled out. I'd love to have it in my game.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »

At this point, anything in the dungeon that isn't "Torture, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Next week, Torture, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat,   Deepthroat, Dead, damn it, <next girl>,Torture, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat,   Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Next week,   Torture, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat, Deepthroat,   Deepthroat, 0 rebellion, brand slave, <next girl>...

Would be a wonderful change of pace for me.  :D And even if people don't like it, you will have set up a great framework for them to make their own. So more power to ya.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls