Author Topic: Traits, Stats and Skill Discussion  (Read 92526 times)

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: I am currently adding new traits - Submit your list
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
If you think some body traits gets to messy, you could implement them as a stat of their own.
For breasts 0-100( or 200 for titanic), if breasts < 10 "flat chest", <20 "small breasts" ...and so on.
Breast surgery would simply be a +/- 5 or 10 on the stat.

This could be implemented for any body size oriented trait group.

The idea of changing the traits to descriptions based on the girl's skills/stats doesn't seem half bad at first, but I think the purpose of the traits themselves is to influence skills/stats, not the other way around.
Also, the sexual skills of a girl aren't only dependant on how she's built, but merely grant her a headstart. The rest is the girl's technique and experience.
In other words, having giant tits helps with titfuck immensily (while having no tits does naturally the opposite), but it's not the exclusive factor dictating how well a girl can titfuck.

I too am a bit worried that the trait list may get too lengthy for some - mind you I DO want as rich a variety of traits as possible, but it may seem unwieldy at some point.
Maybe some kind of trait filtering system?
Or maybe split some traits into a different system of something like "Talents"?

EDIT: My bad, I re-read what you and I wrote and I may have misunderstood what you meant completely. Which is probably what I suggested after you - implementing categories like breast size, ass size and so forth as a different system separate from traits. Like the "Talents" I mentioned.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:26:39 PM by 0nymous »

Offline rxformula91

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »
<Trait        Name="Idol"        Desc="This girl has gathered quite the following."        Type="Job" />

<Trait        Name="Heroine"        Desc="This girl is a vigilante out for Justice or revenge."        Type="Job" />

<Trait        Name="Singing Diva"        Desc="She can sing really well and move customers with her tune"        Type="Job" />

<Trait        Name="Nobility"        Desc="Grown and bred to in luxury and happiness."        Type="Species? JOb?" />

<Trait        Name="Gusher"        Desc="This girl can gush a river out from her vagina."        Type="Action" />

<Trait        Name="Angel"        Desc="She's an angel from above."        Type="Species" />

<Trait        Name="Elf"        Desc="This girl grew up in the woodlands and have pointy ears."        Type="Species" />

<Trait        Name="Goddess"        Desc="She's a Goddess from above."        Type="Species" />

<Trait        Name="Priestess"        Desc="She lives a life of simple purity and devotion."        Type="Job" />

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 03:42:52 PM »
<Trait        Name="Idol"        Desc="This girl has gathered quite the following."        Type="Job" />
<Trait        Name="Heroine"        Desc="This girl is a vigilante out for Justice or revenge."        Type="Job" />
<Trait        Name="Singing Diva"        Desc="She can sing really well and move customers with her tune"        Type="Job" />
<Trait        Name="Nobility"        Desc="Grown and bred to in luxury and happiness."        Type="Species? JOb?" />
<Trait        Name="Gusher"        Desc="This girl can gush a river out from her vagina."        Type="Action" />
<Trait        Name="Angel"        Desc="She's an angel from above."        Type="Species" />
<Trait        Name="Elf"        Desc="This girl grew up in the woodlands and have pointy ears."        Type="Species" />
<Trait        Name="Goddess"        Desc="She's a Goddess from above."        Type="Species" />
<Trait        Name="Priestess"        Desc="She lives a life of simple purity and devotion."        Type="Job" />
Already have "Idol" and "Noble" as a Social types.
Have "Angel" and "Elf" but used your Desc.
Added "Heroine" and "Priestess".

"Singing Diva" Renamed to "Singer" and added.
More singer variations could work also.
Added <Trait        Name="Tone Deaf"        Desc="She thinks she can sing but no one else does."        Type="Job" />

"Gusher" would need variations similar to breast size variants before it could be added.

"Goddess" I'm not so sure about.
If she still is a Goddess, would she not be able to leave anytime she wanted?
If she used to be a Goddess but was stripped of her powers, some other trait name would be needed.
As for it being "Species" type, perhaps "Magical" type would be better?

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:08 PM »
You could call her Fallen Goddess.
This trait could have a special effect.
If she ever reaches hate = 100, her old powers come back and she kills you  ;D
so players should be careful what they do to these girls.

Offline eviljanitor

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:29 PM »
<Trait
        Name="spirit possessed"
        Desc="her body is currently being physically possessed by an evil spirit."
        Type="temporary" />

<Trait
        Name="demon possessed"
        Desc="her body is currently being physically possessed by a demon."
        Type="temporary" />

<Trait
        Name="solar powered"
        Desc="her body needs direct sunlight for a lengthy period to survive."
        Type="species" />
(good for plant based girls like the alrune)

<Trait
        Name="shapeshifter"
        Desc="this girl can change her appearance at will."
        Type="temporary" />

<Trait
        Name="egg layer"
        Desc="this girl gives birth to eggs instead of live young."
        Type="species" />
(good for harpies ,dragon girls and other avian based girls)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
You could call her Fallen Goddess.
This trait could have a special effect.
If she ever reaches hate = 100, her old powers come back and she kills you  ;D
so players should be careful what they do to these girls.
<Trait Name="spirit possessed" Desc="her body is currently being physically possessed by an evil spirit." Type="temporary" />
<Trait Name="demon possessed" Desc="her body is currently being physically possessed by a demon." Type="temporary" />
<Trait Name="solar powered" Desc="her body needs direct sunlight for a lengthy period to survive." Type="species" />
(good for plant based girls like the alrune)
<Trait Name="shapeshifter" Desc="this girl can change her appearance at will." Type="temporary" />
<Trait Name="egg layer" Desc="this girl gives birth to eggs instead of live young." Type="species" />
(good for harpies ,dragon girls and other avian based girls)
Already have "shapeshifter"

Added:
Code: [Select]
<Trait Name="Fallen Goddess" Desc="She used to be a Goddess until she was stripped of her powers and thrown to the slavers." Type="Species" />
<Trait Name="Spirit Possessed" Desc="Her body is currently being physically possessed by an evil spirit." Type="Temporary" />
<Trait Name="Demon Possessed" Desc="Her body is currently being physically possessed by a demon." Type="Temporary" />
<Trait Name="Solar Powered" Desc="She needs direct sunlight for a lengthy period to survive." Type="Species" />
<Trait Name="Egg Layer" Desc="This girl gives birth to eggs instead of live young." Type="Species" />

I am incorporating traits into the game in groups, currently I am adding breast size traits.
There are 8 traits + no trait so 9 total.
Here is how I have them arranged now.
Trait name  =  Approximate Cup size  =  if made into numbers
"Flat Chest"  =  -  =  0
"Petite Breasts"  =  A  =  1
"Small Boobs"  =  B  =  2
(no trait)  =  C  =  3
"Busty Boobs"  =  D  =  4
"Big Boobs"  =  E  =  5
"Giant Juggs"  =  F  =  6
"Abnormally Large Boobs"  =  G  =  7
"Massive Melons"  =  H  =  8
If I should move any around or add any more, let me know.
(this is probably what the "too much is too much" crowd doesn't like.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:24:59 PM by aevojoey »

Offline crazy

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 04:41:38 AM »
Normally I would just add them myself but as your adding them already.

<Trait    Name=''Alien''      Desc=''This girl is from another world''     Type=''Species'' />

<Trait     Name="Stubby Legs"     Desc="This girl has short and stubby legs."  Type="Physical" />

<Trait     Name="Annoying"     Desc="This girl can get on your nerves very fast."    Type="Perception" />   //sees less customers a day

<Trait     Name="Cougar"        Desc="This girl is a very sexy older lady."     Type="Perception" />

<Trait     Name="Former Addict"        Desc="This girl was an addict of something once."     Type="Mental" />   //more likely to return to drugs

<Trait     Name="Illiterate"        Desc="This girl can't read."     Type="Mental" />  //could make it to where she can't use the book items and lower int

<Trait     Name="Gladiator"        Desc="This girl has been trained to fight in the arena."     Type="Job" />  //higher combat and magic skills

<Trait    Name="Flexible"   Desc="This girl is very flexible."   Type="Physical" />  //higher sex skills

<Trait    Name="Slow"   Desc="This girl doesn't get in a hurry doing anything."   Type="Action" />  //less agility

<Trait    Name="Wings"   Desc="This girl has a set of wings."   Type="Physical" />

<Trait     Name="Neat Freak"        Desc="This girl is a neat freak."     Type="Mental" />   //happiness goes down quicky if the place is dirty

<Trait     Name="Disgusting"        Desc="This girl doesn't like to clean up after herself."     Type="Mental" />   //addes more flith to where ever she is at..  Could use a better name a descritption but u should get the point

Idk if we should add these or not but
<Trait    Name="Tall"      Desc="This girl is very tall."          Type="Physical" />
<Trait    Name="Short"   Desc="This girl is rather short."   Type="Physical" />
These could be better and have more of them.  Giant, dwarf, and such if we want to do this kind of trait.

<Trait    Name="Fat"   Desc="This girl is rather fat."   Type="Physical" />
You could use that one kinda like you are with the boob traits.  And pair it with great figure and a few others.

As someone else suggested it but u said it need more variants
<Trait        Name="Gusher"        Desc="This girl can gush a river out from her vagina."        Type="Sexual" />
<Trait        Name="Squirter"        Desc="This girl is know to squirt during orgasm."        Type="Sexual" />
<Trait        Name="Dry Vagina"        Desc="This girl doesn't naturally get wet when she is sexually excited."        Type="Sexual" />

Had more but its late and I cant think right now
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:17:00 AM by crazy »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 05:29:03 AM »

Somebody wants to add Palutena into the game after her recent new artwork thanks to the Smash reveal...

I am incorporating traits into the game in groups, currently I am adding breast size traits.
There are 8 traits + no trait so 9 total.
Here is how I have them arranged now.
"Flat Chest"  =  -  =  0
"Petite Breasts"  =  A  =  1
"Small Boobs"  =  B  =  2
(no trait)  =  C  =  3
"Big Boobs"  =  D  =  4
"Busty Boobs"  =  E  =  5
"Giant Juggs"  =  F  =  6
"Abnormally Large Boobs"  =  G  =  7
"Massive Melons"  =  H  =  8

If I should move any around or add any more, let me know.
(this is probably what the "too much is too much" crowd doesn't like.)

Overall I wanted to avoid using cup sizes as an indication of tit size.It can be a bit traitorous and confusing, because there's many measurement systems out there.

I don't think assigning tit sizes to single cups sizes is a good idea. Mostly because there's plenty of (completely unrealistic, but that's the beauty of art - we can have as unrealistic a tit sizes as we want) tits that exceed the "standard" cup sizes.
There's artwork of women with tits that are beachball-sized. (Search for "gigantic_breasts" on Gelbooru to see what I mean) That's why I wrote the "Titanic Tits" as the last trait size.
If we assign every tit size to every cup size...then what's the point of custom-made traits at all?
Since the tit size traits are quite numerous, I'd suggest removing some synonymous ones, like small boobs/petite breasts (for the sake of sticking to my stuff the ones not written by me, of course  :-X ),  merge the cup sized into approximate groups, and add two more approximate cup sizes to the two final traits.
So:
"Flat Chest"  =  -  =  0
"Petite Breasts"  =  A-B  =  1
(no trait)  =  C  =  2
"Busty Boobs"  =  E-F  =  3
"Giant Juggs"  =  G-H  =  4
"Massive Melons"  =  H+  =  5
"Titanic Tits"  =  H++  =  6

That's two traits less with a much wider margin for tit size.
H+ would be the kind of tits that make a girl hard to embrace with your arms fully.
H++ would make that impossible. The aforementioned beachball-sized tits. Completely non-viable for the human body and skeleton.

EDIT:
Since you've already began on splitting traits into different groups and the list of proposed traits only grows and grows, are you going to continute separating them into different categories, aevo?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:47:59 AM by 0nymous »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »
Overall I wanted to avoid using cup sizes as an indication of tit size.It can be a bit traitorous and confusing, because there's many measurement systems out there.
The original 3 boob traits were enough but more were submitted so I added them.
Removing some of the new ones would be easy but removing any of the old 3 would cause problems because they are already in so many girls files.

Since you've already began on splitting traits into different groups and the list of proposed traits only grows and grows, are you going to continute separating them into different categories, aevo?

The first trait types are just a base and they are not going to be used by the game for a while.
I already thought about splitting things more, particularly adding "Breasts" as a type for breast sizes, milk production and nipple type.

Everything can be changed but if it should be changed is another thing.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »
The original 3 boob traits were enough but more were submitted so I added them.
Removing some of the new ones would be easy but removing any of the old 3 would cause problems because they are already in so many girls files.

True. The selfish asshole inside of me didn't even think about that.
Also, what original 3 boob traits? I thought there were only two original (that is, pre .6.00) ones: "Big Boobs" and "Abnormally Large Boobs".

Will there be still an option to rename/remove the old traits for people who don't mind adjusting their own girl files?

The first trait types are just a base and they are not going to be used by the game for a while.I already thought about splitting things more, particularly adding "Breasts" as a type for breast sizes, milk production and nipple type.

Well, going with the flow, there's also the possibility of a lot more "tags" for girls, like race, hair colour and so forth... just where should the limit be is the important question.
However, wouldn't implementing a system such as this effectively "break" all the old girl files anyways, similarly to how removing old traits would?

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 01:36:06 PM »
Also, what original 3 boob traits? I thought there were only two original (that is, pre .6.00) ones: "Big Boobs" and "Abnormally Large Boobs".

I'm guessing 'Small Boobs'. You really seem to have a blind-spot. Perhaps they need to be huge before your optic nerve registers them?   :D

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »

I'm guessing 'Small Boobs'. You really seem to have a blind-spot. Perhaps they need to be huge before your optic nerve registers them?   :D

Hey! I'll have you know I was the first person to propose a "Flat Chest" trait... I think.
A true breast lover loves them all regardless of size and shape.

...or so do the breast lovers say, I'm more all about asses myself.

Offline Torajidi

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »
Some of these might be complicated to code, because my mind is hard-wired to think up the most confusing shit possible, so feel free to skip over anything that might take more effort than usual.

<Trait
        Name="Motherly"
        Desc="Kind and caring, this girl loves taking care of people."
        Type="Mental" />

Raises stats related to Matron-like jobs (Head Girl, Director, etc).

<Trait
        Name="Psychologist"
        Desc="Understanding others may mean losing yourself in the process."
        Type="Mental" />

Much like the above, but also gives both an Intelligence bonus and the Pessimist effect of losing Happiness quicker.

<Trait
        Name="Weapons Expert"
        Desc="This girl is comfortable with any weapon."
        Type="Physical" />

Adds a slight Combat bonus when any weapon is equipped. Could also apply to Magic with any weapon that raises it.

<Trait
        Name="Hand-to-Hand Fighter"
        Desc="Weapons just get in the way for this girl."
        Type="Physical" />

Gives a Combat bonus when unarmed, but takes it away if the girl equips a weapon. Could also lower Magic and raise Handjob.

<Trait
        Name="Coma"
        Desc="She may never wake up."
        Type="Temporary" />

Girls with Tough or Iron Will or any other related trait would have a chance to end up in a coma instead of dying outright. Coma would prevent a girl from doing any jobs except for Free Time. She'd gain 1-5 Health per turn and have a (Health)% chance of the trait being removed: 30 Health is a 30% chance. To balance, she could also gain Tiredness each turn and have a (Tiredness)% chance of dying.

<Trait
        Name="Complacent"
        Desc="This girl's just... okay with everything that happens to her."
        Type="Mental" />

Happiness will constantly stay at 50 and never rise above nor fall below that number.

<Trait
        Name="Content"
        Desc="This girl's fine with everything that happens to her."
        Type="Mental" />

Same as above, with Happiness being a static 75.

<Trait
        Name="Homesick"
        Desc="This girl longs for her mother's cooking, and it might take more than a phone call to cure her."
        Type="Temporary" />

Gives the girl a set chance of running away regardless of anything else. Could be triggered through events or automatically given to kidnapped girls and removed when PCLove reaches a certain level.

These next few might require more jobs and coding added to the Clinic.

<Trait
        Name="Therapist"
        Desc="Attuned to fixing girls that may have been affected by the last 6 letters."
        Type="Temporary" />

Could also be a new Clinic job: Reduces the amount of time needed to cure other girls of negative Mental traits.

<Trait
        Name="Depressed"
        Desc="You're most likely to find this girl curled up on her bed, muttering self-loathing comments to herself."
        Type="Mental" />

Gives the girl a set chance of refusing to work regardless of anything else. Could be removed in the Clinic with a lot of time (4+ weeks).

<Trait
        Name="Anxious"
        Desc="This girl spends so much time thinking about the worst case scenario that she usually ends up making it happen."
        Type="Mental" />

Gives the girl a set chance of refusing to work (though not as much as Depressed) and also gives a set chance of "failing" a job: All payments and other benefits would be halved (or more). Could be removed in the Clinic with a lot of time (4+ weeks).

Finally, a couple traits that I know won't get in, but I'd like to suggest anyway because they might be fun if they do get in.

<Trait
        Name="DID"
        Desc="Dissociative Identity Disorder. This girl may not act like "this girl" the next time you see her."
        Type="Mental" />

Girls with DID would have a set pool of traits that get added/removed randomly each turn. It would be mostly Mental traits and other generally non-Appearance traits. Would need an extremely long time (10+ weeks) at the Clinic to cure.

<Trait
        Name="Glitched"
        Desc="Mechanical bodies are nice until you realize that machinery isn't perfect."
        Type="Temporary" />

A more extreme version of the above trait for Construct girls only: All traits are randomized each turn, including Appearance. Stats may also be randomized. This trait would need a few weeks at the Clinic to remove.

Offline aevojoey

Re: I am currently adding new traits
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 08:52:31 PM »
Some of these might be complicated to code, because my mind is hard-wired to think up the most confusing shit possible, so feel free to skip over anything that might take more effort than usual.
Well my mind is hard-wired to understand the most confusing shit possible, so feel free suggest strange ideas.

I like most of what you suggested but I am slowing down a bit on adding more traits until I get some of what I already have into the game.
Keep suggesting them for later but they may not get in at this time.

I pulled out a little of what I had done for breast sizes until I decide on a final list.

All the traits in the current CoreTraits.traitsx are in the game as recognized names but only a few have any affect on the game.

I added "Herpes" and updated the old diseases to be a little more negative.
I added "Lesbian", "Bisexual" and "Straight" into the sex enjoyment calculations as well as a few others that make sense.
"Nymphomaniac" now has more variation depending on the sex type, group gives more enjoyment than hand job for her.
I started making breast size have more influence on customer happiness depending on customer fetish preference of big or small boobs but I trimmed it back until I get the size list finished.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:54:23 PM by aevojoey »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: I am currently adding new traits
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »
Well my mind is hard-wired to understand the most confusing shit possible, so feel free suggest strange ideas.

Is that so! Even completely game-changing reworks?
Like adding two more shifts or changing the turn-based system to a daily one with the weekly one being still an option...
This isn't a talk for this thread, but I'm just saying I had some ideas that are so radical I dreaded to share them.