devolution

Author Topic: Observations from 1.29.4.6 to latest  (Read 2602 times)

Offline krakr

Observations from 1.29.4.6 to latest
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »
Before I do anything, I'd like to thank you all for devoting so much of your own time and effort to not only making the game, but continuing to improve it and address issues on this & your old board. I'm basing all of the observations below on V. 1.30 svn 485 for clarity's sake.

To preface, I'd like to say I just upgraded from V. 1.29.4.6 so I'd like to comment on some of the differences that most of you probably have taken for granted for quite some time :)

First and foremost, my dungeon (with a 100 BDSM & 100 Comb torturer) is a waste. 80% of the inmates have rebellion freeze at 20 or -40 (free/slave) Only way to go further than that is to mind fuck or break will. I have a "guest" on her 29th week. 100 Obed, 0 Spi, -40 rebell. The old dungeon worked much better imho. I dunno what hidden triggers I haven't tripped, but that's the point isnt it? they're hidden to me so I blindly beat the shit outta the ho's & get 0 results making the addition of a torturer a waste of an income earning slut. Hell I even gave the inmate the "add 100 fear" item as if over 6 months of torture wouldn't be enough to make her shit herself at the sound of footsteps. Making her love me at this point is not only rediculous, it's unrealistic (if that's what I need to do lol)

I guess I should look into the new character files and really look at the PC fear & hate & stuff that can't be seen so I can wrap my head around the intangibles & alter my play style. However I was under the impression that the game was robust enough to adapt to the players style. I find no correlation whatever between obedience & rebellion and that defies my logic. The entire obedience trait is misleading at best, not even implemented at worst. I have no clue wtf I'm doing in my own dungeon with the upgrade and as I mentioned am wasting a brutal ho I could be putting to use in the catacombs. If I'm overlooking something, please let me know.

One difference I truly love is the ability to have you're asskickin gals hunt the catacombs. Bravo!!!! That was an inspired bit of brilliance & I thank you.

I'm also a bit confused by the training system. I realize that NOW the girls train with each other rather than with some mystery teacher. However, quite often I get odd messages that say "this girl trained" no results & not assigned to any group. Is there a max group size or something?

Would it be do-able to queue your own training groups? and assigning a senior ho as the teacher? It would be worth the lost revenue to put a maxed out ho as teacher. Or perhaps use a High INT ho to achieve max results. This would be good incentive to max out a high INT gal with low bea/looks/cha rather than using them to care for animals or some other lame job.

Once again thank you for your hard work & dedication. I hope you don't take my questions & comments as bashing, it's certainly not meant in that way. I'm just very frustrated at this point that I seem to be missing something about the update.

Offline krakr

Re: Observations from 1.29.4.6 to latest
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
I also have several of my original and best ho's becoming unhappy. Despite the Nympho trait, Libido is constantly run down daily and sinispice is too rare to counter the effects, that's how fast it drops. it's currently in the negatives (although it shows as 0). I also used Leprachaun thingy to give Optimist trait & still, roughly -10 happy/day.  I'm obviously missing something, or the ho's have a shelf-life & are meant to expire after a couple years slingin the pussy.

Customer satisfaction is another head-scratcher. I currently have 21 girls actually working in my whore house in every job but singer, entertainer & XXX entertainer.  the other 11 are training day/night. Customer satisfaction remains Low. I'm currently servicing about 70 customers a day and constantly get the "customers vowed to return" for all my working girls. I would think that by having 70% of the jobs filled I'd at least be mediocre by now. By the way, all my girls whoring are maxed out. the other girls doing stripper & whatnot train once a day as well as whatever job. & THEY are on average 70% or higher in all.

Fame: This used to be on a per brothel basis If it still is, I'm not entirely sure why I'm still "mostly unkown". I was spending 1500 on ads & had a full time ho doing advertising. Just bumped it to $2k, we'll see what happens. I know most of the ad stuff goes to bump up asking price though so maybe this is still not implemented. I read a post referring to an earlier version of the game saying it wasn't working. It works in my 1.29 version though. Just as an FYI, I haven't bothered buying a 2nd brothel because I wanted to get my first one as good as possible/fill 100% of jobs, etc....

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Observations from 1.29.4.6 to latest
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »

Fame: This used to be on a per brothel basis If it still is, I'm not entirely sure why I'm still "mostly unkown".

I remember in one of those flash brothel sims that there was a gameplay mechanism wherein you're brothels would have there fame cap increased the closer to the "palace" you had gotten. All these brothel and slave games are spiritual successors to those original flash games. So maybe this is just an overlooked holdover from when the code was originally ported?
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls