devolution

Author Topic: RgirlsX file  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Lafate

RgirlsX file
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?8cva8v4fdg2uz8f

This is the file I made to consolidate the random girls into 1 file. I get a ERROR: Trait  from girl template ï[/size]»[/size]¿<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> doesn't  exist or is spelled incorrectly.
[/size]
[/size]now i don't see how that is possible seeing as I used WMedit to make this list. Any help or do I just have to go through every girl hoping to find an error?

Offline Uriel

Re: RgirlsX file
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »
Fixed - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjbadf3i0qiq867

If you wanna know: there was a missing > in one of the lines.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »
Hmm... error still persist despite fixing that. I guess i'll look for a trait thats misspelled since this is what it claims
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:47:13 PM by Lafate »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »
Umm... i think the file extension is incorrect. .rgirlsx tells WM to handle this file as legacy one, while it's a .XML actually. Just replace .rgirlsx extension with .girlsx.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:09:23 AM »
Umm... i think the file extension is incorrect. .rgirlsx tells WM to handle this file as legacy one, while it's a .XML actually. Just replace .rgirlsx extension with .girlsx.

but its for  random girls if i put it as a .girlsx file would that make them non random?

EDIT: well I got it to work I just had to run it threw WM Edit again I guess the file got screwed up somehow
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:44:12 AM by Lafate »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
Ok, now i'm curious to know what i missed.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
The legacy extensions are .girls for unique girls and .rgirls for random girls. The current XML versions append an "x" to each extension, so .girlsx for unique girls, and .rgirlsx for random girls.

Hope that clarifies things a little.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »
Ok, but after i replaced my RandomGirls.rgirlsx with a one i fixed - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjbadf3i0qiq867 i had the same message as Lafate had. And the last message in log reports that WM interprets this file as legacy one.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 06:01:54 AM »
What does it do if you change the extension to lower-case? It's possible that it's matching as an XML file because the file system is case insensitive, but then the game thinks it's an old format because the filename ends in "X" and "x" as expected.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 06:17:05 AM »
Looks like you are right. Lafate's file had .RGIRLSX extension. I changed the extension to .girlsx and game accepted the file as .xml correctly. So i thought it's because of the missing "r", but the real reason was i changed the extension's case.  :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:22:36 AM by Uriel »