Author Topic: "Security" girls attracting trouble? Combat stats ineffective?  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Moonrunner

"Security" girls attracting trouble? Combat stats ineffective?
« on: January 26, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
Well, I've been playing this game for a days and made a few "re-runs" while I tried to get used to the gameplay, figure out a playstyle for me, etc.

Today, I started to give girls the "Security" order; normally I didn't have much trouble with customers raping my girls or the like (and those few times it happened, I simply re-loaded the autosave), but I figure it was "in-theme", so to speak, and assigned two of the more combat-capable girls this duty, which lead me to two observations.
One, it seems that having girls on security duty actually attracts rapists and the like.
Two, despite good equipment and combat stats, the security girls are always overcome.
Since putting those two girls on duty, I've had an "incident" pretty much every turn, reloading or not, where those girls were overwhelmed by their attackers and one or two of my other girls being raped.
Likewise, when I assign a girl to explore the catacombs, she almost always ends up defeated and abused by monsters.

Which is another thing that strikes me as odd; the girls I pic for this role have 100% combat stat, at least two of the combat-strengthening traits (strong, adventurer, assassin), and the best equipment I can buy at the shop (plate mail&boots, ceremonial saber), and despite that they lose far more often than not.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
Re: "Security" girls attracting trouble? Combat stats ineffective?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
Incorporeal!
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 02:12:01 AM »
That's a cheat, Asahina-chan.

Offline Ctwo

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:23:37 AM »
Security depends on more than combat stats. Also security is the first line of defense for your girls so having them bypassed isn't suppose to be game over for them. I suggest picking girls with high confidence+spirit+combat+magic+constitution for security. Make sure they arn't tired. Unfortunately since the last update I find that girls security rating has dropped significantly. In r450 an untrained Android 17 could provide about 70 security a turn, now with build r593 I'm finding her provided security to be below 30. I could be wrong with that, but honestly it seems much harder to do security in r593.

Instead I've been relying on gangs with high intelligence to do guard duty. That and only allowing the girls to whore in the brothel seems to work just fine. Whoring on the street seems like a money loosing proposition since you spend so much time getting attacked you loose any exta profit you would of made there in one attack.

As for sending girls into the catacombs...constitution is the main stat you should worry about. Honestly, I think constitution is the #1 stat in the game. It is as important as beauty. Combatants with 100% constitution win more fights. Combatants with 100% constitution get hurt less when they win. Magic and combat are still important, but even with 100 in both you need a high constitution to win against large groups of monsters.

Even with 100% constitution, magic and combat you can still loose. Probably about a 60% win ratio with everything going for you. But the profit is free girls and the occasional rare item that is worth several thousand. I once found an item worth 100,000....

Also high con means less tiredness from other jobs. This is especially important for when your 100 fame whores start pulling in 8 customers a turn. Without 100% con they will be resting every few days. With 100% con, they only need 1 shift of rest per day. Con for the win!

Oh yeah, and insubstatial is great for combat. Just really hard to obtain.

Offline sgb

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »
Actually he's right, if you don't assign any girls to security those direct attack on your brothel don't appear to trigger.