Author Topic: CloneMaster: Welcome To The High Frontier...  (Read 60226 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Welcome To The High Frontier...
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
I have a question:

How are things progressing ?

Fair question. Last three weeks or so I've been trying to get some of the CloneMaster code into WM proper. I started feeling guilty about promising all this Lua based goodness and then not delivering.

I still want to get a couple more things working, and then I'm going to switch back to CM full time. Meanwhile, I've been working on getting a windows build environment set up so I can show you the bits that currently work, and I've got a pile of Lua stuff like the AI post that I still want to explain. Next up I think is going to be user defined screens and handlers.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »

Meanwhile, I've been working on getting a windows build environment set up so I can show you the bits that currently work, and I've got a pile of Lua stuff like the AI post that I still want to explain. Next up I think is going to be user defined screens and handlers.

That actually sounds sweet.  ;D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2010, 04:40:39 AM »
Interesting. SO are we ready for another update  on progress yet?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2010, 05:21:24 AM »
Well, the project was mothballed while I was working on WM. As that's now approaching an end, I've been collecting my notes and putting them up on Google Wave, which is probably your best bet if you want to see what's happening in the project. Things have been quite active of late.

No new code though, and I'm going to hold off starting until I have at least the lua hooks complete for WM.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:31:52 AM by DocClox »

Offline Thought Crime

Re: CloneMaster: Welcome To The High Frontier...
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »
Now that development on WM is winding down, i've been having an increasing interest in CM. A couple quick questions:

My apologies if these questions were already asked somewhere else on the boards. I didn't see them, so i thought i'd ask here.

How does the player actually acquire the girls??

Does the player stop at the slave market (or using the appropriate nomenclature, the DNA market) and purchase the girl?
I know that they are cloned, but does the player have to collect DNA?? If so, does the player have to collect one set of DNA pieces or stains to make one specific girl? (such as five pieces of Rei DNA need to be collected to make Rei) or does the player just get the  whole Rei DNA and then acquire individual DNA strains to adjust the girl's traits?

or am i completely wrong in assuming the player collects DNA at all?

Second:

Will the same file format still be used as is currently in WM?

Specifically, can the player just use the current Resources/Character file system that is already in place in WM.

It would be convient for some of us veterans of WM, whom already have a massive collection of girl folders, to not have to change all of our picture/file names over to a new format or naming system. Not to mention, we would already have a massive stable of girls as soon as the first beta of CM goes live.
All that being said, if CM does use a new file naming system, what does it look like?

No doubt i'll be back later with an endless list of questions. ::)
~*Build a man a fire, and he stays warm for the night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.*~
       -T. Prachett

Offline TF

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
Doc's a bit incapacitated at the moment (in the hospital for appendicitis), but I've been following along and participating in the Google Wave pretty actively. (Which I'm pretty sure I can invite you to if you wanted to create a Wave account... there's a whole lot more information there. Just pm me with your id, and I'll add you to the Waves.)

In answer to your first question, (the ideas at the moment) the ways you acquire girls are:

• you can clone girls from existing data if you have enough biomass
  • you can kidnap them - but it's a bit more involved than in WM
  • you can obtain a girl's genome and brain scan - by force or agreement
  • there are events that will result in getting girls
Existing data being data that is already stored in the cloning labs computers.

Obtaining girls' genomes is nabbing DNA. At the moment, I believe the plan is that acquiring the genome is a one step process, but Doc's been very open to ideas and I'm fairly certain nothing of the sort is hard coded yet, so if you like the idea of multiple pieces of DNA being needed to be taken, by all means pitch it to him. Might even be nice to have different ways of acquiring DNA. Full scans from girls who are willing or under your power and partials from girls who are unaware.

As pertains to the file setup, I can't remember whether Doc mentioned how that was going to be set up (or even whether he'd started planning that out yet.) It could very well be in one of the waves, but like I said, there's a ton of information there already, and I'm not sure the best way to go about searching through it. Again, I recommend signing up for an account and taking a look. If this thread has piqued your interest, the discussion there is sure to amp up the excitement a bit.

Offline Thought Crime

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »
Doc's a bit incapacitated at the moment (in the hospital for appendicitis)

Oh Shit!! My best wishes go out to him. Hope all goes well.

I've been lazy and just procrastinating making a Wave account, but i will now.

Thank you TF for addressing my questions.
~*Build a man a fire, and he stays warm for the night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.*~
       -T. Prachett

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2010, 11:44:55 AM »
Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better.

The game directory structure is going to be more or less the same as WM.

I hadn't thought of collecting parts of DNA to get a full girl. Might be a fun quest. In general though, what TF said

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »
Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better.

The game directory structure is going to be more or less the same as WM.

I hadn't thought of collecting parts of DNA to get a full girl. Might be a fun quest. In general though, what TF said

Welcome back Doc and best wishes on recovery!

Offline stickdawg11

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
Welcome back, did they give you any nice drugs to help with the pain?

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »
most likely they did but still doc be careful for the next few weeks
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline coldheartzero

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
Are we there yet?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »
Are we there yet?

Not nearly, alas :(

I've just about got the story sorted out on wave, and a lot of the code I'll need is in place already.

However, before I get to serious coding on CM, I need to finish up my WhoreMaster commitments, or they'll never get done. So that's the Lua scripting, the town map and some basic building management at the minimum. And before I can do that, I need to recover a bit more from recent surgery, because I can't concentrate worth a damn right now.

So, it's going to take a little longer than originally planned. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause :)

Offline coldheartzero

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2010, 06:29:41 AM »
Don't make me turn this car around!

Get well soon.

Offline CatGirl

• Im A catgirl, Nya~
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »
Take as long as you want, just as long as you introduce me too some new games first too pass the time  :D
I've been playing whoremaster since July, im BI and i enjoy playing a lot of Games like Slavemaker,HentaiHighSchool,Otherworld,
Simbrothel And various visual novel and Otome games,bishoujo games, both kids,teen, and adult ones, video games are also my thing,though ive sadly never played CALL OF DUTY