Author Topic: Interaction modifications!  (Read 41409 times)

Offline Popuri

Interaction modifications!
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:14:28 PM »
Been floating around the boards for a while.  Experimenting with WM EX recently (great mod, THE FUTURE).

Something I'd been thinking about for a while finally convinced me to try out the script editor, and this is what I've come up with.

Not completely finished yet, but I'd appreciate any testing/feedback I could get.

Options for interaction are:

Chat
Training
Reward
Punish
Sex

Chat's the basic stuff, though I haven't re-entered the checks they use in the original default interactions.

Training provides options for specific things (a 'friend' in the city watch who teaches the girl, old friend of you father's that runs a charm school, etc).  Each one generates some tiredness and 1-2 points in a few related stats.  I'd like to be able to have it charge some gold for the use, but couldn't find a viable script option ('addrandomgold' is only positive numbers).

Reward has 'Praise', basically like chat, with slightly better results.  It's offset (if you're mean) by boosting confidence and spirit as well.  Also has an option to give some spending money, but like with the training I'm not 100% sure how to implement that.

Punish has 'Scold' or 'Spank', which is basically Torture light.

Sex is what you think, with options for normal/anal/bdsm, and minor boosts to those skills.

(Note: If you decide to try this, make sure to back up your DefaultInteractDetails.script file first)
The new .script file is attached.

Any input or feedback would be great.  Be it code suggestions, reviews, or advice on balancing these things a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Crisis21

Re: Interaction modifications!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
I gave it a shot and it looks pretty solid so far. The biggest issue I have is that you can't get the girl pregnant with your script.

I think you need to include the lines "Have Normal Sex", "Have Anal Sex", or "Have Bondage Sex" when you're adjusting the girl's stats in order to trigger this. Though "Have Anal Sex" won't trigger pregnancy of course. There's also "Have Beast Sex" which I think could trigger insemination, but Bestiality isn't in the WMEX version right now.

*Goes to check the script editor real quick*

Yeah, "Have Normal Sex" updates the related skill and handles pregnancy calculation. Same with "Have Beast Sex". "Have Anal Sex" and "Have Bondage Sex" are supposed to only update the related skill, but I've had girls get pregnant on the bondage option before.

Looking back on that, this script editor really needs options for "Have Stranger Sex" for sex, and pregnancy chance, with someone other than the player, and "Have Lesbian Sex" for sex with another girl. "Have Group Sex" for updating the group skill and pregnancy chances for both player and other male would also be nice.

Anyway, The suggestions I have are as follows:

Instead of just "She refuses with a blush" have another line for low PCLove such as "She refuses to even consider it" (-Obed) or even for PCHate>PCLove "She slaps you for the mere suggestion" (-Obed, +PCHate)

Next, I'd like to see More sex options added like in the original script.
"Make Love" (only if PCLOVE is above 90) +5 Happiness & +Normal sex
"Request a blow job" +OralSex, +Service option
"Tell her to take your cock into her throat" Deepthroat option, +OralSex, +BDSM
"Ask her to have sex with a girl" +Lesbian option
"Talk her into having a threesome" +Lesbian & Group option
"Present her to one of your gangs as a rewards for their service" +Group, +Service option

The following are suggestions of mine and not anything I think we've seen before.
"Request a striptease" +Strip option
 "Request a lapdance" +Service option
"Tell her you'd like her to be your pet for a while" Basically like obedience training except no adding PCFear or losing Happiness ("You teach her to 'sit', 'stay', 'fetch', and 'fuck'")

As for checking Girl emotional status, here's the script lines from the original (please give me a minute while I edit this post)

These would collectively replace your (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) line as you seem to have folded them into one response instead of two.

IfStat (*HAPPINESS*) (*GreaterOrEqualTo*) (*50*)
     Dialog (*She tells you she is happy with her life*)
Else
     Dialog (*She says she is unhappy and would like more free time*)
EndIf
AdjustTargetGirlStat (*HAPPINESS*) (*2*)
AdjustTargetGirlStat (*PCFEAR*) (*-1*)
AdjustTargetGirlStat (*PCLOVE*) (*1*)

and

IfStat (*PCLOVE*) (*LessOrEqualTo*) (*30*)
     Dialog (*She tells you she has no romantic feelings towards you*)
Else
     IfStat (*PCLOVE*) (*LessOrEqualTo*) (*50*)
          Dialog (*She says she likes you as a friend but nothing more than that*)
     Else
          IfStat (*PCLOVE*) (*LessOrEqualTo*) (*70*)
               Dialog (*She tells you she has some strong feelings towards you*)
          Else
               Dialog (*She tells you she is deeply in love with you and every moment together is like a dream*)
          EndIf
     EndIf
EndIf
IfStat (*PCFEAR*) (*LessOrEqualTo*) (*50*)
     Dialog (*She then tells you she doesn't find you intimidating*)
Else
     Dialog (*She then says you are a little scary to be around*)
EndIf
IfStat (*PCHATE*) (*LessOrEqualTo*) (*50*)
     Dialog (*She lastly tells you she doesn't hate anything about you*)
Else
     Dialog (*She lastly tells you that despite all her other feelings she feels some hatred towards you*)
EndIf

Feel free to just insert all of that or fiddle with it. I thought you'd like having that put together for you though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:43:44 PM by Crisis21 »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »
Tried it briefly. It has a lot of potential. It's more sensible than the regular default scripts.

EX will handle scripts a little differently in the next release, but it doesn't look like there are any actual compatibility issues when I tried it just now.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. :)  Yeah I intended to bring the variable options back in, but decided to post what I had before I slipped off to my next class.

I intend to cover the main options from the original game, though with how I'm playing EX now I may not include a Beast Sex one.  Any suggestions on other schools and the like?  Or ideas on how to implement the charge to train her?

I'm working on overhauling a few of the other scripts with a bit more flavor text and meat to them.  MeetGirl for example.

Also planning to do a version for the dungeon, with 'nice but too nice' torture options.  Pleasure overload.  8)

Re: THE FUTURE

Any input on stat balance and such?  Would this interfere too much with the way that the focus on EX is on traits?  Maybe for the sex increases give a cap at 20 skill and a 'you can't teach her more' thing, since that plus the max trait for that skill would put her at 100.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »
It isn't a huge deal to me, but to put it simply, all permanent boosts to skills and stats that are difficult to move (anything other than Libido/Mana/Happiness/Tiredness and maybe 1 or 2 others) break the idealized "balance" of EX. Beyond that, I'd have to sit down and actually look at what script commands are available and how they can be modified within the source code before I could suggest alternatives to your system. I haven't gotten around to really looking at the script stuff as of yet.

'Have Beast Sex' will display Lesbian sex pics in the next update of EX. I can similarly change 'Have Anal Sex' to display something else as well, since visually there isn't too much difference between Anal and normal sex. At least not compared to the benefit of recycling that command into Group/Oral/something else. I don't currently know how to just add in additional commands.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
Also planning to do a version for the dungeon, with 'nice but too nice' torture options.  Pleasure overload.  8)

Thank you. :)

Any chance you can make it so those options raise your disposition without lowering your suspicion? So far all the best ways of raising your disposition to a nice guy really tank your suspicion by the same amount. Believe me, I checked.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
I've experimented with that in the past, and ran into the same thing.  I suppose I could try raising the disposition, then boost suspicion by an equal amount in the same command.  I'll tinker some tonight.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
I couldn't find the values for branding or freeing slaves, but I found the following in the source code available with Anon21's mod.

Torturing girls always lowers disposition, rather severely actually, and doesn't seem to do anything to suspicion.

Sending your gangs to kidnap, steal money, acquire territory, or sabotage your rivals lowers your disposition and raises suspicion by an equal amount (usually one point per week per gang). The two are, in fact, unrelated stats.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »
Ok!  Latest version of the DefaultInteractions.

Changes:

- Fleshed out the 'ask how she's doing'
- Added a 'mage guild' to the training, to work on magic and intelligence.
- Added striptease, lesbian, and group sex options.
- Added possibility of pregnancy to normal and group sex.
- Added change in wording for sex menu based on love.
- Added support (with additional text) for the lesbian and nymphomaniac trait.  May do others later.
- Added cap to skill boosts from one on one sex at 20 skill.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »
Cool, I'll give it a whirl!

Edit:Okay, first problem: Magic training goes in an endless loop where the text box keeps popping up every time I try to close it.

Upon inspection of the script, you forgot to include an ENDSCRIPT line at the end of that option. I've gone ahead and fixed this for you.

Other than that, this looks fabulous!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:10:15 PM by Crisis21 »

Offline Popuri

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
Bah!  Always forget something.  Thanks for being an extra pair of eyes. :)

I've got a love hate thing with the script editor.  Found out that if you use 'If not disobey', it throws off all indenting after that.

Any other suggestions?  I may add support for other Trait recognition now that I know it works.  Maybe cap stat gains at a point, like I did with the sex skills.  Wish I could get it to read their base amount, without traits, instead of their total.

I'll start the dungeon one later.  Working on my other side project now.  A custom MeetGirl script for every unique girl I've got, heh.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
I do have a thought on extra interactions, but I'd actually like to give making the script additions a shot on my own.

It involves taking the girl on a date (or perhaps 'date' if you get my meaning), which costs money, less than training, but can train sex stats higher. I'll let you know how it works out.

If you have any thoughts on particular 'dates', such as text and stat effects, feel free to speak up now.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »
Sounds interesting!  Let me know if you figure out how to get the money cost working.  I went in and edited the script commands (under the DO NOT EDIT THESE COMMANDS warning, oddly enough).  I was able to get the 'AddRandomValueToGold' command to subtract gold by enabling negative integers, but not able to really control the amount.  i.e. I set it up to take between -51 and -49 gold.  One time it takes 67, another 73.

Anyway, moving onto dungeon interactions...

'Ask' seems silly in this context.  So I'm thinking maybe for the options have like...

Chat
Scold
Punish (Torture will be here under 'Corporal Punishment')
Force

Maybe some sort of 'heal' option, to represent bringing in medical aid or a healer to keep them healthy while imprisoned.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:57:41 PM by Popuri »

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
I'd say the 'ask' option is the player being nice, but with your new script it wouldn't work on new girls anyway.

You might make some 'reward' options which are the 'positive' tortures to replace it.

I haven't done the dates yet, but I did make a few additions to your script. I added some text for the 'intimate' suggestions in case the girl has high PCFear or high PCHate.

High Hate (80 or above) by itself results in her slapping the player. No stat change, I just find it amusing.
High Fear (over 50) + Fearless = instant refusal and a drop in Obedience
High Fear + High Hate (both over 50) = the same, but with different text
High Fear by itself equals a scared girl afraid to refuse you and who cries the whole time, resulting in a rise in Fear & Hate and a drop in Love & Disposition.

It looks solid, but all my games currently have me steadfastly trying to be a nice guy so I can't test any of them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:41:50 PM by Crisis21 »

Offline Popuri

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 07:33:58 PM »
Yeah, I didn't really focus on the fear and hate options, as what prompted me to start this project was the difficulty in being 'nice' with your girls.  :)  I'm in the process of tinkering on my own take on the game, but a java port.  Refreshing myself as it's been a while since I've done java, and fiddling with how to do the interface the way I like.  If I make some progress I'll probably post it somewhere on these forums.