devolution

Author Topic: Interaction modifications!  (Read 41411 times)

Offline Crisis21

Re: Interaction modifications!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »
Which is why I'm so very interested in your progress. If I can successfully be a full hero in this with your scripts, I'll see about going back and adding in more options for those who want to be a jerk.

:)

Offline sgb

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
Nice to see some modding work on this.  The original devs always kind of put anything to do with scripting on perma-hold because 'the new scripting system' was always right around corner (not insulting them, just mocking their expectation to have such a huge change get implemented by one guy anytime soon).  These changes show there is obviously a fair bit of improvement that can still be made with the current system.

It looks solid, but all my games currently have me steadfastly trying to be a nice guy so I can't test any of them.
It's actually kind of hard to make girls in the game hate/fear you unless you go out of your way to do so; which there is no point in doing since it does not benefit anything in any way.  In fact there is no reason to be 'evil' for any reason at all.  Back in the old versions, rebeliousness used to be a more serious obstacle to getting girls to do things.  Don't know about THEFUTURE's mod, but in the current core game (with anon's excellent mod of course), rebeliousness seems to just be there for fluff.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:34:58 PM by sgb »

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
It's actually kind of hard to make girls in the game hate/fear you unless you go out of your way to do so; which there is no point in doing since it does not benefit anything in any way.  In fact there is no reason to be 'evil' for any reason at all.  Back in the old versions, rebeliousness used to be a more serious obstacle to getting girls to do things.  Don't know about THEFUTURE's mod, but in the current core game (with anon's excellent mod of course), rebeliousness seems to just be there for fluff.

Unless you put them through a few rounds of torture, then they're terrified of you. Which is why I'm thrilled that someone's working on a 'nicer' set of torture options.

Also, I just found out that if you put an Iron Willed girl on nothing but cleaning duty every day, she can lose the trait. O.o

Offline Popuri

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »
Unless you put them through a few rounds of torture, then they're terrified of you. Which is why I'm thrilled that someone's working on a 'nicer' set of torture options.

Also, I just found out that if you put an Iron Willed girl on nothing but cleaning duty every day, she can lose the trait. O.o

I used to work janitor shifts after closing at a bowling alley, when I was in high school.  That stuff could break anyone's will. o.O

Offline Popuri

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
Ok, was looking through the new girls FUTURE uploaded today, noticed that Chun-Li has a .lua event trigger for meeting her in town.  Looking through the script folder, noticed that the game's intro is in lua.  Does anyone know where I could find a listing of what library functions the game has for lua?  I noticed the Chun-Li script called a few as it ran, such as (assuming wm is the name of the instance of the game object) wm.add_girl_to_brothel(girl_name).  It sounds like lua might have a bit more flexibility and transparency.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »
no, I don't think that information is availible yet, you could try pm'ing DocClox, as he was the one implementing the feature

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=20.msg7348#msg7348

if you didn't see that

Ugh busy might post more later
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:12 AM »
Thanks future.  That's a helpful post.  Been tinkering some with the lua, and it does let me access the fields of the girl through it.  Haven't figured out how to update the girl herself using it, if that's even an option.  If i can figure out how later, I had an idea for adapting my interactions a bit more to fit within EX.  Mind if I PM you some details, or a bit swamped atm?

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
Go ahead.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
Ok!

Figured out how to update a stat via lua on the girl, at least.  Just need to piddle  out how to affect player gold and I should be able to implement my interaction this way.  Only issue I'm having is getting the trigger for a .lua file instead of a .script.  The current version requires a trigger and .lua copy in each girl's folder.

Also need to sort through how they handle traits in the lua, but making progress!

Offline pnakasone

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 03:40:33 AM »
Add oral options to sex interactions

Offline Popuri

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 07:40:02 AM »
Update:

Working a bit with The Future to mod the ScriptEditor for one of his upcoming updates to WM EX.

So far I plan to add these commands:

command to adjust player money + or - by a set amount
command to add a trait
command to remove a trait
'have lesbian sex'
'have group sex'
'get a blowjob'
'get a lap dance'

Any other suggestions?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 08:13:44 AM »
Well, since there is new pictures category "Mast" in wm ex, you can add "make her masturbate" interaction like as in slave maker games.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:39:52 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Popuri

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »
Well, since there is new pictures category "Mast" in wm ex, you can add "make her masturbate" interaction like as in slave maker games.

Not a bad idea.  Give a nice little Libido boost, maybe.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »
Did you add an option for 'have sex with a male other than the player'? (name should probably be shortened to something like 'Have Sex With Stranger')

If you haven't, it would probably work like 'Have Normal Sex' except for pregnancy calculation (other male rather than the player)