Author Topic: Scripting in my free time  (Read 41167 times)

Shade88

Scripting in my free time
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
As many of you know by now, I have been working on a script that make interaction with your girls more immersive.

It started as a simple combination of a few other writers' scripts. Credits go to Popuri, Crisis21, and GonDra for this full yet old release.

I am currently working on a complete overhaul of the entire interaction system, still in the development phase. I weekly posts test updates to this version, though it is not in any way complete.

Here is the latest test version of the overhaul as of June 3rd, including office actions and a necessary coretraits file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s0r7cfk77ph9c2m
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gku6vq2sxj44l4e

Go ahead and give it a try if you want, but remember it is not finished, and some things may not work.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:20:41 AM by Shade88 »

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
Re: Scripting in my free time.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »
Aside from the disappointing lack of group sex, you did a quite good work there. Continue...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:21:02 PM by Eiri666 »

Offline Popuri

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »
I'm not going to ask you to remove my code, this being open source and all.  What I will do, though, is encourage you to study the structure on my scripts to get an idea of how it works, and try making your own.  I deconstructed existing scripts when developing mine, and it was very helpful. :)

Shade88

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
@Popuri
Thnx! ;D
I have in fact been studying the structure of your script, and I believe I could add some sort of group sex dialogue like Eiri666
mentioned the script needed. It was hard to get the feel of, but after I figured out a few issues, mostly variable conflicts in the attempt to add training, I found it easy to put everything in place.
@Eiri666
I was tentative to add group sex because I was still unsure if I would even share this script. This started out as a kind of attempt to get the best of both worlds, but has turned into my little project to revamp interaction. Any suggestions you have are welcome, and I'll implement as many as I can.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:45:10 PM by Shade88 »

Shade88

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »
I'm thinking of adding a "services" function for girls with traits like assassin, psychic, construct, and such.
My idea is, if they have those traits, they could perform specialized jobs! :o

Assassins could be used to take out corrupted politicians(~40% success) or gang leader(~5% success)
Psychics could tell fortunes on the side(small money, no energy), or avoid a bad event(~20% success)
Constructs could do physical labor or lead gangs into battle(acts like ~10 extra men, 'rest' period)
Incorporeals could add a spy element, going through walls to eavesdrop on enemy plans(always succeeds, but sometimes gets information wrong,)

Finally, a purpose behind those traits other than stats! ::)

It would be easy to add the actual dialogue, but I'm not so sure how to make the results 'wait' for a day to show, or how to make them affect the game. :-\

So? What do you think? Good idea?

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »
I am all for adding flavor to the interactions.

But adding options to the dialogues is easy, compared to adding events and options to the game itself.

Still, having better uses than onl stats to some of the traits sounds nice.

Shade88

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
Quick question: Does anyone know where to find the events that are not in the scripts? For example, the gang activities, the dialogue in town before the girl meet event, etc.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
Quick question: Does anyone know where to find the events that are not in the scripts? For example, the gang activities, the dialogue in town before the girl meet event, etc.

That's all hard coded into the game, and not accessible without altering the source code.

As well, let me do some digging.  I never finished them, but my intention was to provide a trigger file and scripted events for each girl.  I created several script templates, where you could just plug dialogue in for what happened and what your choices were, as long as they followed a basic structure.  Not as good as true custom ones for each girl, but it was a work in progress.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:32:05 PM by Popuri »

Shade88

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »
Progress Report! 8)

I added
   -a basic orgy option to the intimate actions
   -a services option to the "ask for something" option
   -assassination and spying

To do
   -recruit,advertise,steal,intimidate,and distract services

Services Summary
So far the services will only be basic actions to remove suspicion, get money, or get girls. I have tried my best so far to balance the risks and the rewards, for both amateur dialogue and professional. For all of the services there will be a special statistic that not only increases chance of success, but consequently increases rewards and penalties of success or failure.
Assassinate= assassin(duh!)
Spy=incorporeal(unique dialogue better success chance but no stats change, only money)
Recruit= charismatic(chance to recruit girl's friend as well, but also chance of bad event (Rape? Kidnap? Disfigurement?))
Advertise= sexy air(showing off the wares)
Steal= fleet of foot (changes a skill check to agility -or- more money stolen, higher risk of capture)
Intimidate= merciless -or- tough (they're certainly scared, but come back with goons and attack/torture girl)
Distract= Exhibitionist 0-4  ;) (each level gives different effects and dialogue, 0 is completely non-erotic while 6 she publicly masturbates)

Until I am able to change things like influence, rivals, and gang management, services will severely restricted in what they do (just FYI).

Soon I'll have "Beta v.02" of the script posted as an attachment, but I'm going to at least make all the services functional first.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:35:26 AM by Shade88 »

Offline gfw

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 11:38:51 AM »
Hi

The attached file only have the intimate, but not the service option.

Please re-upload, or just attach it in your new reply

Shade88

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
Hi

The attached file only have the intimate, but not the service option.

Please re-upload, or just attach it in your new reply

I plan on releasing the version with the services option when I have set up everything in my to do list.
If not today, I will have the release ready by Wednesday. It won't be pretty, but it'll work.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:06:12 PM by Shade88 »

Shade88

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »
Changes:
   -finished the recruitment option,it's basic but I will expand it in Beta v.03
   -changed "advertise" to "lure", instead of getting more business, you will imprison a customer you learned had raped one of your girls
    (actual rape need not occur)

Shade88

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
Okay, there will be a slight problem with the script, when you use the "recruit" option the new girl will always be a slave. I can't seem to change that, so it stays.

If anyone wants to check out the script tomorrow when I release it, I would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:05:25 PM by Shade88 »

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
I'll check it out for you. I've been a game tester before so any bugs I find I'll let you know. I'm really enjoying the script you made. Good job, and keep it up.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »
I'll take a peek, sure.