devolution

Author Topic: Scripting in my free time  (Read 41170 times)

Shade88

Re: Scripting in my free time.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
Wow, I don't know why, but I still don't have distract in there. However, I put an endscript in all the functions beforehand, so it'll just exit out of the services menu.

Actually, it seems appropriate, as I am expecting to make distract way more complex than the other options by giving a completely different dialogue for each tier of exhibitionist, with a (small) chance to reach the next tier of exhibitionist each time it is done.

I am inexperienced in this, so if you find an imbalance in the stats rewards, please tell me.

I will start adding a changelog now to my first post, as a way for you all to keep track of what is in the latest release.

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
Very good so far, I hope you continue on this way.
You should add some random variations to the dialogues though, it gets old after a while.

Shade88

Re: Scripting Adjustments
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 11:36:03 AM »
@Eiri666:
                I know what you mean, I'd been contemplating whether to add more dialogue, or to get the actual content done first. I decided to get the content done first, obviously, but now that I only have distract left to do, I can also focus on the easy things like extra dialogue, etc. Like I said, this is just a basic test of the structure of the script and the balance of the stats consequences. If I pay too much attention to the dialogue, I'll end up writing too much dialogue.(If you couldn't tell, I can get a little too much in-depth)

Ah! I've got it! *Types like a madman for a few minutes* There! Now there's a topic for anyone who would like to help me out with the dialogue! *hint, hint*

(any contributions used in my script will be given credit in my posts)

Offline Popuri

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
The problem with your 'recruit' option is not in your script, but in the scripting options.  The scripting was never written to add a random girl to your stable outside of the dungeon.  The only option to add a girl normally is for a specific girl, namely the one that the script was triggered on.  It's used when recruiting a girl you meet while walking in town.  Barring going in to add another script option, there's not much you can do here to fix that.

Shade88

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
@popuri

But then, why is there the option to set her slave status to false in addRandomGirltoDungeon, if it doesn't change anything?

Forgive me if the answer's obvious, but I am a noob at scripting, so...yeah...

Offline Aika

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
It may be a coding error, I'll have to take a look through the game-side code for the scripts. I'll let you know what I find.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
@popuri

But then, why is there the option to set her slave status to false in addRandomGirltoDungeon, if it doesn't change anything?

Forgive me if the answer's obvious, but I am a noob at scripting, so...yeah...

If you recruit a free girl while on a walk, and her rebel value is high, she'll be sent to the dungeon.  'Was sent to the dungeon because she is rebellious and poorly trained' is the caption, I think.  You can throw a girl in the dungeon, free or slave.

Shade88

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 09:29:11 AM »
If you recruit a free girl while on a walk, and her rebel value is high, she'll be sent to the dungeon.  'Was sent to the dungeon because she is rebellious and poorly trained' is the caption, I think.  You can throw a girl in the dungeon, free or slave.

I understand that both slaves and free girls can be thrown into the dungeon. What I don't understand is why every girl that I send to the dungeon in events becomes a slave, even when I turn off the option of having the new girls be slaves. As the sayscriptEditor says "Generates a new random girl and adds her to the players dungeon. 2nd and 3rrd arguments are the min and max age generated. 4th is if you want a monster girl, and 5th is if you want her to be a slave" I have the 5th argument set to false, which supposedly should prevent the random girl from being a slave, but she is a slave each time, and I know it works for the 4th argument, as none of the girls are monster girls...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:37:25 AM by Shade88 »

Shade88

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »
*click*

Shut down the dialogue topic... *sigh*

Offline GonDra

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
I tried several times to write something post-worthy but I drew only blanks.
I blame it on my inability to read anything interesting.

Also I think it would have helped if you had written what you required / would like to see.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

I understand that both slaves and free girls can be thrown into the dungeon. What I don't understand is why every girl that I send to the dungeon in events becomes a slave, even when I turn off the option of having the new girls be slaves. As the sayscriptEditor says "Generates a new random girl and adds her to the players dungeon. 2nd and 3rrd arguments are the min and max age generated. 4th is if you want a monster girl, and 5th is if you want her to be a slave" I have the 5th argument set to false, which supposedly should prevent the random girl from being a slave, but she is a slave each time, and I know it works for the 4th argument, as none of the girls are monster girls...

Ahh, ok.  I completely misread the original problem, hah.  Looked at the source code.  They have it backwards in the description.  4th option is slave, 5th is monster girl.  Still not sure why you're getting slaves if you have option 4 set to false, too.

Shade88

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

@Popuri
       I just checked, and you were right about the arguments being switched in the description! I just tested setting argument 4 as true, and it seems that the argument does NOTHING. It will kind of take the fun out of the game if slaves suddenly become free, so I am thinking of changing the scene to the girl dragging in the "volunteer", and taking a HP hit each time for both success and failure, to limit the number of times recruit can be used each day before killing your girl (maybe 10-20% HP hit, which means 5-10 fights per day before they have to rest up from their injuries)

@GonDra
       You make an excellent point, I hadn't even considered that when I had made the topic, I was just thinking of building the mod around the best suggestions. So, what I will do is occasionally post on this topic the dialogue I need or want.

So, on that note, here is the topics of dialogue I would appreciate for the next release:
    A magic show: one non-erotic scene, and one scene where the magic goes wrong and stimulates her
    Public sparring/Picking a fight: one non-erotic scene, and one where her clothes get torn off during the fight
    Public dance: one normal dance, one where her dress rips

These are for the Tier 1 scenes of the Distract option. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Offline Aika

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
Actually, the problem seems to be an extra option mixed in there and out of order in cgamescript. As far as I can tell, in the CreateRandomGirl function, the first option is age, second option adds her to the brothel, third option is whether she's a slave or not, fourth option is undead or not(which does nothing), fifth option is whether she can be a monster, sixth option determines if she was kidnapped.

If I'm reading the code right, in the script function, the first option sets the variable of whether she's kidnapped or not, the second option is added to her age, the third option determines a range for the girl's base age (random 1-X, and the game guarantees at least 17) for the second option to be added to, the fourth determines if she's undead, and the fifth determines if she's human. The script forces the slave option to default, which SHOULD be false.

Try compiling with the changes I've made in the attached file and see how it works for you.

Edit: Note that slave and monster options are still backwards on this version, I didn't think to fix that. See final version, below.

Note also this file breaks the beastiality script, so you might want to use a file comparison tool to copy the changes rather than compile this one directly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:03:26 PM by Aika »

Offline Aika

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 07:31:26 PM »
Here's another version, which fixes the age determination to actually give you an age in the range of the minimum to maximum, with a sanity check to ensure the game won't crash if you input a larger minimum than maximum. Just in case.

The previous version and the normal version give you an age within the maximum, plus the minimum. So you could actually end up with a girl older than the maximum by the minimum.

This file breaks the beastiality script as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:03:48 PM by Aika »

Offline Aika

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:04 PM »
This version does the same as the last version and also fixes the order of variables to be as the script expects. 1st, whether or not kidnapped, second minimum age, third maximum age, fourth is if it's a monster girl or not, fifth is slave or not.

Edit: And now this version won't break the beastiality script anymore.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:02:24 PM by Aika »