devolution

Author Topic: Scripting in my free time  (Read 41166 times)

Shade88

Re: Scripting in my free time.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
uhhh.... noob question, how do you "compile"?

Offline Aika

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
Oh boy. You'll need a C++ compiler, and you need to download the source code. See Source code access available through SVN
for a copy of the source code.

Visual Studio C++ express is available for free from microsoft, and is a decent enough compiler.

Alternately, you could wait until I incorporate the changes into my release, and do your scripting for my version of the game. Seems since the developers abandoned ship, and since EX is closed-source, my version's going to be one of the few mod-friendly versions :/

Shade88

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
Okay, this is what I'll do.

If I see that I am using any content exclusive to EX, the version I originally made the script for, I will add the needed content to the necessary files, and a zip with the changed files will be my next release

note: as I have already implemented Exhibitionist Traits, I will add Exhibitionist LV0-4 traits to my next release (yes, just for the one action... so far)

PS, your source code is NOT in the SVN? Or did you mean I could wait for the implementation if I don't want to deal with compilation?

Offline Aika

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
No, my source is not in the SVN. I'm not one of the original developers, so I don't have access. My version's source IS available, though. Just not in the SVN.

Or did you mean I could wait for the implementation if I don't want to deal with compilation?
Yes, that is what I meant. If you want this fixed for EX, you'll be waiting a long time. Future never made his source code available, so nobody but him can fix it. I'm fixing it for my version, and you're welcome to script for my version. I'm still working on a release for my version, expect it soon. I'm just making sure the thing works the way I want it to, to avoid a repeat of last release's crash bugs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:42:38 PM by Aika »

Shade88

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
New release will be in a zip, it will include:
     -new exe with edited script processes (thank you, Aika!)
     -new traits, updated to include leveled traits from wmEX, plus my own (secret) custom trait (ps, these traits will not affect stats)
     -new location (only accessible through interaction options for now)
     -completed "Distract" action
 :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:26:46 PM by Shade88 »

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 02:58:14 AM »
Looks good so far. Lure isn't finished either I'm guessing.

You're making faps everywhere much better. lol

Offline GonDra

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
So, on that note, here is the topics of dialogue I would appreciate for the next release:
    A magic show: one non-erotic scene, and one scene where the magic goes wrong and stimulates her
    Public sparring/Picking a fight: one non-erotic scene, and one where her clothes get torn off during the fight
    Public dance: one normal dance, one where her dress rips

I am not sure if this is what you wanted but her goes what I have written in a few minutes, I didn't check it thoroughly so I would appreciate corrections, mostly because I am mostly blind to errors in texts I just wrote.

-A magic show: one non-erotic scene, and one scene where the magic goes wrong and stimulates her
     1.Your girl catches quite a few eyes as she stands in the street having a small ball of light flying around her. As her show goes on she splits the ball of light and they gradually change colours while softly pulsing. At the end of the entrancing show there seem to be a dozen lights flying in formation around her each differing in colour before they fade away.

2.After not being able to get any eyes on her with her first few amateurish magic tricks, she nervously whispers a magic spell. At first nothing seems to happen, and the girl looks a it despaired but then you notice that her clothing shifts, getting tighter and tighter until it hugs her tightly, her panicked whispering tells you that wasn't what she had intended. Her counter spells don't seem to have the intended effect either, her clothing getting slightly translucent like thin wet clothing, while the now figure-hugging clothes seem to push the flesh of her backside and breasts around under the translucent fabric. While it clearly wasn't what she had intended, she distracts the ever growing crowd all right.

I will try later to find something for the dance scene and maybe improve the first magic scene.

Shade88

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
@GonDra
   I like the content for both scenes, and I believe I will use them, but be aware that the content will be edited to fit it in better with what I have already written. I'll add you to the credits for the scenes, and I appreciate you helping out!

Offline GonDra

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
Yeah I had gathered that you will edit them.
I didn't take much time to look at your script, otherwise I would have tried to make my text fit in better.

Didn't get anything else done today, got distracted shortly after I posted...

Shade88

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »

@GonDra

By the time your men are in place, it is well into the afternoon, but you can see that there is a big enough crowd for the plan to work. You give her a signal, and she starts her performance, sending out a bright flash of light to attract attention.

She follows the flash with a small ball of pulsing blue light, having it fly around her and perch upon her shoulder. She turns to it and whispers a word and, to the delight of the slowly growing crowd of onlookers, it splits into two  smaller balls, one blue and one pink, and they weave through the crowd, leaving trails of sparkles wherever they go. The crowd sighs in appreciation as she splits the balls over and over, and at the end of the show dozens of lights are flying around, each a different colour, before they  collide several feet above the audience's heads, exploding into a shower of sparkles that rain down on the audience. As she  bows to the wildly aplauding audience, your men sneak out the entrance of the bank with your rival's gold lining their pockets.

Just thought I'd show you the edited dialogue...  8)

Offline GonDra

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »
Looks very good.
That is pretty much what I would have ended up with if I actually sat down refining the text.

Shade88

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »
I will definitely not be releasing a full Distract function this week.

This is what happened: I got through half of the first tier, with very basic dialogue, when I realized that the exhibitionist trait was specific to Whoremaster EX. Since I don't know how THE FUTURE made all girls have at least lv0 in each of those leveled traits, I had to not only create a custom traits sheet for exhibitionism, but also rewrite the entire structure of the function to start with the absence of any exhibitionist traits, instead of the lv0 trait. Not only was that an issue, but I also realized that the way I was writing the script would make it possible for a girl with Strong Magic and 100 in Magic completely failing at parlor tricks, so I have to rewrite the script to determine outcomes through a combination of traits(base action), skill level(different situations), and only a little dumb luck(outcome).

However, the good news is that I should have tier 1 out and in a release in the next few days!

Also, a new location will be in the release: Stable. It will be available through the Train dialogue, but I may add a dungeon variant.

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »
I will definitely not be releasing a full Distract function this week.

This is what happened: I got through half of the first tier, with very basic dialogue, when I realized that the exhibitionist trait was specific to Whoremaster EX. Since I don't know how THE FUTURE made all girls have at least lv0 in each of those leveled traits, I had to not only create a custom traits sheet for exhibitionism, but also rewrite the entire structure of the function to start with the absence of any exhibitionist traits, instead of the lv0 trait. Not only was that an issue, but I also realized that the way I was writing the script would make it possible for a girl with Strong Magic and 100 in Magic completely failing at parlor tricks, so I have to rewrite the script to determine outcomes through a combination of traits(base action), skill level(different situations), and only a little dumb luck(outcome).

However, the good news is that I should have tier 1 out and in a release in the next few days!

Also, a new location will be in the release: Stable. It will be available through the Train dialogue, but I may add a dungeon variant.

Are your updates in the original post, or in a new post?

Shade88

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »

Are your updates in the original post, or in a new post?

Both. I include an attachment of the new version in a new post announcing the update, as well as update the original post.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:34:41 PM by Shade88 »

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »

Both. I include an attachment of the new version in a new post announcing the update, as well as update the original post.
Thank you! If you want a tester let me know. I don't mind helping you out. I can code a little bit, but I'm better at editing code that's already there. I can also try writing up some dialog for future plans.