Author Topic: Scripting in my free time  (Read 41265 times)

Offline Morkar

Re: Scripting in my free time.
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »
Wow your ideas from the various districts seem cool

a serious question may do the same the same but with the protagonist?

let that aside from the slave market the council could visit more sites you just as you dive on your own in the catacombs instead of sending to anyone or go somewhere recruiting rival brothel slaves of your rivals or even go to the headquarters of your bands eg rivals to challenge their leader for control or deal with them

I see jail also very missed all my games and I have commanded ido or anyone or anything

indeed I am writing to a list of ideas or situations that could be and maybe you can help further improve

for example

To use your slaves like ponys and race of chariots drawn by slaves (could be a nice addition for the district of Arena)

Or also include the possibility of personal slave or slave favorite

that the slave will only serve to you during the week

or rather your's You will use it for fun

I would change the matron by the favorite slave

and that its tasks in addition to sexually please you occupy during the week of the brothel slaves

PS: glad to help if it is for improving the game without problems

Shade88

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »
@Morkar

For ponygirl races idea: I like it! After I get the basic districts done, I'll add it to the Arena District.

For jail: I have no idea how to code in anything for the actual jail screen, if that's what you're asking, but I will tell you that Jail and Courthouse are two places I plan to add in a later update.

For personal slave: Hmm... I'm already adding a lot of traits to the list, I guess it wouldn't be too much to add a "Personal Slave" or "Harem Slave" trait for special events, then adding an event to trigger it. It's a great idea, and I'll probably add it to office dialog with her.

For the matron: I have no idea how to alter jobs. Sorry.

@Xipomus

I initially made this script for Whore Master EX. I probably should have been clearer about that, I know. But since I realized that people were using this on other versions, I have been trying to design my script for Aika's version specifically, as it will probably cause less trouble using a script designed for Aika's game on Ex than it would the other way around.

PS: Not sure if I mentioned this, my next release will include an edited CoreTraits file required for several events I added. When Aika releases the next version of his patch, I will add any new traits in his CoreTraits to mine to make them compatible. This will make my script incompatible with EX, unless you manually add EX traits to my CoreTraits file. If you don't know how to do this or don't want to bother copying and pasting, post on this topic and I will provide an edited CoreTraits compatible with EX.

Offline Ildon

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
A bit of an odd question here, and one I asked about months ago to someone who seems to have long since vanished from the community.

Is there some way to do something with customers after they've been tossed into the dungeon? Something other than releasing them or pawning them off for a piddling amount of gold? I'm thinking something simple along the lines of using them to perform jobs (security, catacombs, etcetera), although more complicated things such as forming new gangs around them or even adding an item into the game's database which can be used to convert a customer to a new randomly generated girl would be even better.

I ask here as I'm sure it would involve scripting of some sort, and unfortunately I'm not very handy at all when it comes to knowing what would be easy and what would be a chore far beyond its actual worth. Any input and/or opinions from those more knowledgeable would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Shade88

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »
To change the jobs or gangs of the game, I would probably have to actually go into the source code of the game and change its mechanics. I have no way to change jobs or gangs with just script. However, I will check the globaltriggers.xml file, and see if I can't make a new script activated when torturing customers in the dungeon. In that way, I can at least give some interesting dialog with the customer, and maybe some events. However, if I can't create such a trigger, then I can't do anything about it in script.

Offline Wizardcraft

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Any note on when you're going to release what you've been working on so far?

Shade88

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »
I have a few final exams for college to study for, so... Saturday? Don't quote me on this, it may be earlier or later, depending on how much free time I get. I do have enough done, however, to tell you this:         The release will only include the office options
                                                                                                                It will require a custom CoreTraits.xml file
                                                                                                                Several actions in my older releases will not be in this one

Why only the office? Because I have been concentrating on the office alone this past week; the other parts won't be done for a while.
What is the coretraits file going to be for? I have decided to add a rough draft of stable training to this.
Why will some options not be here? They will be in other releases, which will include more parts than just the office.

Okay, to keep you guys interested, I'll tell you something special about this release:

You have the option to make her strip, which completely changes the options. There is even an exhibition training option that will in
       a later release be melded with my 'distract' action.

Animal training will be possible in the stables through traits. This also means that in later releases dialog may be different for
       certain animal girls. Walking around town with a ponygirl, for example, could mean her doing all the walking. ;)

If this seems like too little for so much time, just remember that I have been working on other parts of this that won't be released in this release. Also, I am currently helping out on an RPG game. Which brings me to a question for you guys: What do you think of the idea of an RPG version of Whore Master?

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
What do you think of the idea of an RPG version of Whore Master?

??? its so beutiful

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:35 AM »
What do you think of the idea of an RPG version of Whore Master?

http://sb2revival.lefora.com/2012/04/02/hentai-sim-brothel-rebirth-version-002-release/ immediately comes to mind... it has potential.

Our own python project has 'evolved' into a Pseudo RPG game as well...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Morkar

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »
Whore master RPG  sounds very GOOD

Counting the days for the new version of de Pach

Shade88

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
I wish I could give you a release, I really do...

You know how rl is, something always comes up at the wrong time. Anyway, I do have a lot done, so expect the update in the next couple days... Probably Monday morning...

Sorry!

Offline Morkar

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
the good is worth waiting for

but as we do expect much go with the torches to lincharte XD

Shade88

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
You all know Murphy's Law? Well, due to Murphy-related problems, I have ended up with only two out of five action paths finished (waits patiently for the boos and hisses to die down). So, this is what I'll do. For those of you who can work your way through WM script, I am releasing an incomplete, non-working version of interactions. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with setting variables... anyway, if you want, open up the editor and have a peek. Feel free to post your opinions, too! (But please, no hate mail!)

By the way, I have decided to release weekly "progress reports" on this. No matter how much I've done, every week I will attach what I have so far to a new post for testers and such.

Again, this is not a working version! It is what I have been working on, but I somehow managed to set some scenes on loops, others don't appear at all, etc. This is for looking through the editor, not for using in game play.

Consider this the first progress report...

Offline Morkar

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2012, 08:00:14 AM »
Progress report :

1º good idea separate office actions  with city actions

2º in action order to strip  the bug  bucle appears again

Have you considered bringing new options to the dungeon to give more variety?

if you do not always suck orders out the same text
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:04:15 AM by Morkar »

Shade88

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »
@Morkar

1- Thank You!  ;D

2- Yes, it seems setting variables to activate choices is required, or the message just repeats itself...*sigh* Don't worry, it's a simple (but tedious) fix.

Have you checked out Popuri's dungeon interactions yet? Po adds a lot more variety to the dungeon. And frankly, until I finish this script I don't even want to consider messing with the dungeon (yet).

@Everyone

If you downloaded the script, you may have noticed there is an action to have her clean the attic. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share some ideas for random events. Note, they do not have to be sexual. They just have to be interesting.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
Ideas for the attic

1 finds strange object /weapon

2 discover secret tresaure box

3 locate  ancient slave contract (gains a randon slave )

4 find ancient torture device (upgrade torture options)
for example torturing a slave to 2 times the same week instead of 1

(if that's possible)

5 find a cage with slave inside  plan has been captured in the Catacombs and forgotten in the cage

6 the slave breaks a valuable item for awkward and is punished / tortured by this

7 finds a mysterious potion that gives a random ability (big boobs masochist etc)

I can think of when these